[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
File Size Limitations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: skellygarcia.png (312 KB, 597x462) Image search: [Google]
skellygarcia.png
312 KB, 597x462
I think it's time to up the file size limit, or at least up the limit on image dumping boards. It's almost impossible to find high quality/resolution images these days that are under 4MB. I often find myself having to link to offsite images. Or worse, compress them to fit the 4MB limit.
Thoughts?
>>
>>397906
I agree with this, especially with webms if not with other file formats.

Also .pdf support on boards like /pol/ and /news/ would be nice but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>397906
Agreed, it's almost 2016, the filesize limit should be at least 6mb.

At least increase the webm limit to be 4mb on all boards, it makes no sense to have it be less than the limit for every other format.
>>
>>397906
What images are you posting that are larger than 4mb? If you are posting super res stuff then it should be on /hr/.
With the amount of downtime/technical problems 4chan has had recently I don't think putting more stress on the servers/bandwidth is a good idea.
>>
>>397969
most downtimes seem to be caused by the mysql server shitting itself, and iirc images are stored on a different server so it probably wouldn't make much of a difference
3mb+ images are already rarely posted
>>
>Thoughts?
Bandwidth isn't free, son. Someone has to pay it.
>>
We need a new board, where the limit is incredibly low. Make it random/small. Files lower than 8kb. Also, maybe play with the dimensional limits, under 300x300? That would be a fun board.
>>
>>397985
Call it /ant/
>>
>>397906
Are you going to pay for that bandwidth anon? If you want this, decrease the site userbase first
>>
>>397993
I like the way you're thinkin'. There's something here.
>>
File: a picture for ants.jpg (22 KB, 110x134) Image search: [Google]
a picture for ants.jpg
22 KB, 110x134
>>397993
stay classy
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.