[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the 4chan criteria for being: Underaged Fedora Redditor/SJW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
What is the 4chan criteria for being:
Underaged
Fedora
Redditor/SJW

?

Or are they arbitrarily applied?
>>
>>397652
You act like in a similar manner to /s4s/ on other boards but not irl. Alternatively you browse pages like this often:
http://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/comments/3p7sg7/policy_changes_and_general_news_that_has_nothing/
>>
>>397655
I browse reddit but I have been here since 2006, so their new version of "Go back to Gaia" seems just as arbitrary. Is it?
>>
>>397657
>I browse reddit but I have been here since 2006

WOW WHAT AN OLDFAG

Yeah fucking right. You've been here since almost ten years now and browse reddit? A true oldfag would be disgusted by you, but it doesnt matter since you're lying anyways just to justify going to reddit. When people ask if we should ban all redditors, it's true.
>>
>>397661

Well I'm not surprised that this still happens if I bring up how long I've been here, just disappointed.
>>
>>397676
>Well I'm not surprised that this still happens if I bring up how long I've been here
Because no one cares, you fucking moronic attention whore. Bringing up like that just proves you are fucking bullshiting
>>
>>397684

I bring it up when it's relevant, as opposed to someone bragging about how long they've been on a site like 4chan.
>>
>>397686
It's never relevant because you can't prove it, you fucking newfag
>>
>>397701

So you selectively care about accuracy when a 4channer mentions how long he's been here, and you automatically assume they're bragging? Only those who perpetuate the oldfag vs newfag mentality or deluding themselves into believing this is a secret club are those who think 4chan is something worth bragging about. You can't prove most of the things you say here about your personal life, so what? Doesn't stop me from saying it. The point is that I've been here a long time and yet I browse some parts of reddit. There's a lot of people like that, especially those who've been on 4chan longer.
>>
>>397703
You're an idiot and I doubt you've been here for longer than 3 years
>>
>>397714

Nope, it was around the middle of 2006. I wanted this picture I drew to be colored and asked this person on MSN that I hardly knew. He introduced 4chan to me, I remembered hearing about it on some weeaboo forum but never went there and was a bit confused by it.

You say I'm bragging while you're making a big deal over someone's claims of how long they've been on 4chan? I can't even stand people to know if I browse this site, it's embarrassing. I wasted years here.. You're just arguing for the sake of it now.
>>
File: time for dinner.png (382 KB, 550x813) Image search: [Google]
time for dinner.png
382 KB, 550x813
>>397717
No, I'm positive you haven't been here for longer then 3 years. You are straight up reddit grown, everything you are doing gives it away
>>
>>397723

>reddit grown

What does that mean to you? How would you define being "reddit grown"? This is completely arbitrary and I'm sure you're one of those people who would call every anon you don't like a redditor. Are you really making such a big deal about someone claiming to be here longer than 3 years? You have no way of knowing, but even worse is that you actually give a shit so much about the length of time someone claims to be from.
>>
>>397657
>>397703
If you were a true oldfag you would know that Reddit was already hated 8 years ago. If you were an oldfag, you would know why we hate Reddit, and why we hated Gaia and ebaums. A true oldfag would want the secret club back, and not mock it. You are just another /r/4chan shitposter who came here for shitposting and "dank memes". I'm 90% you're one of these newfags who want to see Reddit filtered, even when it was already filtered in the past.
>>
>>397717
>>397729
You can't even hide your stupidity, you are the same idiot begging for that fucking stupid /drug/ board
>>
>>397746
>Reddit was already hated 8 years ago

And so was Gaia.. the hate has grown. It doesn't mean I won't go there. Furthermore, Rules 1&2 never really mattered and it was evident after the Scientology protests.

>>397753

I'm the one responding to that thread, not the OP. So, my posting style is noticeable. That seems the be the problem with the other guy. This is really too much autism in one thread, why did you have to join in?
>>
File: 1451302528494-3.jpg (16 KB, 234x255) Image search: [Google]
1451302528494-3.jpg
16 KB, 234x255
>>397746
Spotted the 30 year old virgin weeaboo who thinks his secret 4chins anonymoose club is srs business.

Who gives a shit you faggot, this site is and always was fucking pathetic, no matter how long you've been here. The mere idea that you hold the concept of someone being in this dump for x amount of time as an achievement says a lot about how much of a complete loser you are. Stop taking a dumb animu board so seriously you nigger.
>>
>>397652
>Redditor/SJW
is reddit not the opposite of sjw? more like edgy teens who try very hard
>>
>>397756
>Rules 1&2 never really mattered and it was evident after the Scientology protests.
No, Rules 1&2 mattered but people like you are mentally retarded and apparently wanted more unwanted people on this site. What is better, redirecting cancer to cancerous sites or saying "oH hey we're from www.4chan.org, come see our site"?
>>
File: SCR_20070711_39160.jpg (93 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
SCR_20070711_39160.jpg
93 KB, 640x480
>>397777
Forgot the pic.
>>
>>397777
>but people like you are mentally retarded and apparently wanted more unwanted people on this site. What is better, redirecting cancer to cancerous sites or saying "oH hey we're from www.4chan.org, come see our site"?

Thanks for the strawman. You're talking about a completely different type of user. 1&2 means absolutely nothing because of these very people.
>>
>>397703
Which subs do you regulary visit?
>>
>>397791

/r/linux, /r/space, /r/science and /r/technology. /r/cosmology is pretty cool.

It's replaced Slashdot for me although I really need to check out these other aggregator sites again, since my perspective on them has changed. Sometimes I look at the default subs like /r/worldnews and /r/news. I'm not a liberal though so I don't engage myself in the comments much, but I read what they're saying. It's like a window into the liberal mindset. /r/Bad_Cop_No_Donut, /r/rage and /r/morbidreality
>>
>>397652
>Underaged

Be under 18.

>Fedora

Be Atheist and be really annoying about it and post youtube-tier arguments.

>Redditor/SJW

Go to Reddit every day and post here in a manner that makes it obvious you go there.
Also, meeting either of the other above criteria.
>>
>>397832
>Fedora
>be atheist
that's probably the least relevant detail to the lifestyle of a fedora devotee
>>
>>397652
It's easy. Don't be an extreme right wing reactionary.
>>
>>397661
Whole lot of "we" language here. I don't give a fuck about Reddit. You shouldn't either. It's stupid and counterproductive.
>>
>>397684
>Because no one cares
Yet not only do you care enough to be triggered, you even called for a ban.
>>
>>397746
>Reddit was already hated 8 years ago
You haven't been here longer than 2011.
>>
>>397652

well, that's easy:
>Underaged
under 18
>Fedora
wears Fedora
>Redditor
visits reddit
>SJW
cares about niggers
>>
>>397896
>>397832

Yes, but what do they REALLY mean? They're clearly arbitrarily used.
>>
>>397936

A regular poster on here will get call another poster underaged if they exhibit any of the following behaviors
>Are not familiar with (or in some cases, dislike) a rather old piece of media, usually a western cartoon or anime.
>Use emoticons ( :) xD :/ )
>Get angry over extremely petty things or seem really fucking mad in an immature or tantrum-like way ("God, fuck you, fuck this gaaaaah")
>Shitposting while it is summer
>In general do something that will harken back to a teenager's behavior

"Fedora" is commonly reserved for people who are militant atheists who devote all their time and energy into bashing religion (Christianity in particular) and putting out lack-luster arguments that wouldn't stand up when examined by a learned theologian and/or apologist. Occasionally it is used incorrectly to refer to any atheist at all. It can also refer to people who exhibit the following behaviors:
>thinking you're the smartest motherfucker ever, while knowing jack-shit about the subject. A "pseudo-intellectual".
>typing in an extremely overly proper manner with attention to grammar, and using overly big words when it's not called for. Again, acting like you're some genius when you're not.
>It occasionally is, in fact, used arbitrarily in the form of fedora images. ("You like X? Here's a picture of a fat man wearing an unfashionable hat.")

Someone will get called a redditor if they exhibit the following behaviors
>Of course, visits Reddit (either at all or regularly)
>Is overly nice or polite or in general dick-stroking
>Wants a safe-space to circlejerk badly and is heavily opposed to opposing viewpoints
>In general, someone who brings "Reddit culture". I'm don't go on Reddit, so I'm not sure what this is in particular.

(cont.)
>>
>>397956
An SJW is someone who is a proponent of modern social justice, and supports and/or endorses any and all of the following behaviors/ideologies/movements
>puts feelings before facts
>third-wave feminism
>BlackLivesMatter
>pointing out alleged racism/sexism/homophobia/transphobia/misogyny/etc. and having extremely broadened definitions of the terms.
>Uses key words such as problematic, oppression, internalization, or systemic racism
>really there's a whole slew of behaviors, so look it up fampai

Someone will call you an SJW if you, for example
>respond overly negatively to a joke about rape or sexual abuse, because it's just a joke, and only a feminist would want to destroy humor. >have a problem with a character being dressed to scantily
>Talk like you're from tumblr or are overly emotional
>Respond assblasted to a person who says nigger or another racial slur
>Respond with ">>>/pol/" when a post is just the slightest bit racist/sexist
>Generally just responding inappropriately to "problematic" posts on this website

Occasionally some people incorrectly misuse the label to mean "anyone who isn't a straight-up /pol/ack."
>>
>>397936
>Underaged
Every anon is underage, so this is a useless meme.

>Fedora
Whenever someone gets triggered because his beliefs are being questioned, discovers that his behavior is sexist, or has a self-inflated ego because he's had sex once

>Redditor
Anyone who is considered an outsider/cancerous to 4chan's elitist culture. Every 4channer visits reddit and vice versa, thus also a useless meme.

>SJW
Anyone who is more leftist than the guy using this meme
>>
>>397886
He's right, reddit is hated since 2007/8.
>>
I've been coming here for 6 years now and I can confirm that if you post on 4chan you are an underaged fedora wearing redditor and you should leave
>>
>>397746
Newfags want to keep spamming "Go back to Reddit" you fucking idiot. We need to filter Reddit again personally. Maybe to Gaia, Ebaums, or hell Something Awful
>>
>>397965
>Every 4channer visits reddit and vice versa, thus also a useless meme.
You are right, all 4channers go to reddit, because reddit is fucking 4channers. The term is anon you stupid cock sucker
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
>>397965
>Every 4channer visits reddit and vice versa, thus also a useless meme.
mfw he thinks anons from here browse his shitty website
>>
>>398124
4chan's userbase consists of 50% redditors, anon. Reddit has successfully invaded and occupied 4chan.
>>
>>398141
No..That's not true, that's impossible!
>>
>>397652
"Anyone who disagrees with you."
>>
>>398141
>4chan's userbase consists of 50% redditors
Source: absolutely fucking none.
>>
>>398005
Why do you think the reddit filter was lifted? Exactly, because it didn't fucking work! You can easily bypass the filter. Leddit, Plebbit, Rebbit, Яeddit, Reddi7, R3ddit, L3dd1t, Redd1t, etc. Also, I don't know how people get so triggered by being called a redditor. Only redditards are supposed to get triggered.
>>
>>398213
Strawpoll tbhfam. Try it out for yourself on any board to your liking. Make sure it has a captcha.
>>
>>398141
then we need to raid reddit into the ground to get them to fuck off
>>
>>398218
That'll go about as well as when people try to raid /b/. Reddit is even DDoS shielded. What do you honestly think you can do to them?
>>
>>398222
The only way to successfully raid reddit is finding a vulnerability on their site and exploiting the shit out of it, which is only 1.5% possible, so yeah, no reddit raid.
>>
>>398217
http://strawpoll.me/6410369/r
>>
>>397652
From my experience, the newfag poster:
>challenges Anon to a debate
>insults Anon in a humorless fashion
>asks for sauce, when it is easily obtainable
>asks for a definition when, again, it is easily obtainable
>is easily baited into revealing their own power level, prejudices, and generally any sort of information that can spiral into massive lulz at their expense
>expresses emotions purely through text. (What is an imageboard, anyway?)
NONE of the above applies when it is obvious to see, the poster is playing up a stereotype. ie:
>copypastas
>bait OPs hoping to create copypasta (especially given a triggering image)

POINTS FROM THE REST OF (You) FAGGOTS SO FAR:
>>397832
This only adds "poster reveals their atheist power level" to the list.
>>397956
Points 1, 2, and 5 are accurate. Also an okay summary of redditfags.
>"Reddit culture"
"I want to share discussions and links with people, except I also want to silence all people who are cynical of the topic. Therefore, I shall make my own subreddit, and ban everyone who doesn't obey my poorly specified rules."
>>398204
Putting your disagreement is a good way to make a shitty thread, though this does not necessarily make you a newfag.
>>
>>397956
I was called a normie once because I got stoned, went on 4chan, and was calm rather than raging at the keyboard. Seriously. I used a semicolon and someone called me pretentious.

I mean shit, I get why people call others normies. Even people who type that way. But for fuck's sake I wasn't even typing like some self-absorbed redditor or anything, I literally just used a semi-colon in a post that was pretty informal to begin with.

I used to be one of these people. I'd call people "normies" even for using "lol" instead of "lel". I'd be afraid of using "lol" because it was just too casual for me. What a disgusting fuck I was. When I see people act in ways that I used to, I feel like I got out of this delusional mindset and others are still bluepilled hard on this /b/tard mentality. Now /pol/ thinks thats the only way to act. There usedf to be a distinction.
>>
>>398296
Reddit culture and a redditor is just someone a person disagrees with. All of these are more and more excuses piled upon each other after "u mad" became a thing. Your average argument here is actually a comeback war, not an actual debate.
>>
>>397874
Doesn't change the fact that atheists are annoying.
>>
>>398238
http://strawpoll.me/5483070/r
http://strawpoll.me/4826953/r
>>
>>397974
It's never been looked favorably, but actual hate didn't come until that kneejerking over rage comics.
>>
>>398546
>kneejerking
>turned them into comics without punchlines
>name all of the faces rageface, even thought just the FUUUU one was called that
>>
File: prog.png (62 KB, 762x621) Image search: [Google]
prog.png
62 KB, 762x621
>>398546
>It's never been looked favorably
No, it was like, really hated. Rage comics aren't the reason why Reddit is hated. Of course, rage comics are cancerous and cringeworthy, but they aren't the main reason.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.