[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is respect something you have to earn, or should we respect all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1434431392702.jpg (6 KB, 133x117) Image search: [Google]
1434431392702.jpg
6 KB, 133x117
Is respect something you have to earn, or should we respect all people all ways, and only allow them to lose our respect?
>>
>>397545
I view respect as making an effort to understand people you don't agree with. I think we should respect everyone. You don't need to have "respect" for somebody you agree with as you already like them.
>>
>>397545
Everyone gets half of my respect starting out. I'll smile at strangers, tell them to have a good day, hold the door for them and try not to make anyone uncomfortable. Essentially, I treat everyone the way that I would want to be treated if I were having a bad day. If they show that they are mature, put others before themselves, and stand up for that in which they believe (even if it's something I vehemently oppose), they get more of my respect. If they show that they are indecisive when it matters, immature, or easily persuaded to compromise their beliefs for the sake of convenience, they lose respect. I think it's a good system for everyday life.
>>
>>397545
You have to earn respect.
>>
>>397621
You haven't "earned" my respect yet. How would you suggest I reply to you?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.