[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I always thought the "they do it for free" meme was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: ebin.jpg (65 KB, 240x303) Image search: [Google]
ebin.jpg
65 KB, 240x303
I always thought the "they do it for free" meme was rather pathetic. Yeah, god forbid there are people willing to help make this site not a complete shithole. You sure look cool for insulting them over the internet, keyboard warrior.

I'm sure I'll get called a mod in disguise or something for saying this, because obviously people can't possibly disagree with your personal opinion. For the record I'm not, but even if I was one, so fucking what? Guarantee I'm having a better time than you and your worthless, empty life.
>>
>You sure look cool for insulting them over the internet, keyboard warrior.
>Guarantee I'm having a better time than you and your worthless, empty life.

Anyway, the meme is also about the fact that they treat it like a real job and thus enforce a general no fun allowed mentality. It has links to the fact that they are willing to spend their free time moderating an imageboard.

Also, mod in disguise detected
>>
People are nothing more than a game to me. spend months at a time strategically planting ideas into people's heads, and playing mind games get bored of someone after a while and move on to my next victim but that's okay because there's literally billions of you dirty little roaches to fuck around with.
Some people actually believe I care about them as people but the truth is I only use them for my personal advantage and entertainment.
>>
>>397523
I was never a fan of "Moralfag" or "White Knight" either.
>>
>>397523
>I'm having a better time than you and your worthless, empty life.
>Coming from the neckbeard who spends all his available time moderating a Mongolian cave-painting tutorial forum for no monetary compensation
>>
>>397547
You act like it takes a huge amount of time to click a few buttons every so often between high stakes internet poker matches.
>>
>>397548
>high stakes internet poker matches
Might be a bit difficult considering you have no source of income to sustain it
>>
File: 1449348360856.png (120 KB, 370x230) Image search: [Google]
1449348360856.png
120 KB, 370x230
>>397549
>>
>>397549
My source of income is internet poker. You know, the gentleman's sport? Oh wait, you wouldn't, because you're a mere wage slave.
>>
>>397540
Both of those have always been valid complaints, though. White Knight is pretty self-explanatory and moralfaggotry is a genuine cancer on the site. Look at fucking chanology, look at all the negative shit it has caused for the site
>>
>>397555
Nice trips but you must admit that for every valid use of those insults on this site there's at least a hundred incorrect ones. People use White Knight literally every time anybody says anything positive about a woman. White Knight, as I understood it, implied that you're only being nice because you're trying to fuck them and that's simply not true a lot of the time.
>>
>>397551
>gentleman's sport
you're either really autistic or taking the piss. Or both.
>>
>>397562
You're really pissed that you're not making as much money as me.
>>
>defending the janitors and mods for free
>>
>>397523
The mods and janitors are awful at what they do. If given the opportunity I'd push out a steaming log of shit onto their faces.
>>
They don't do it to make it not a shithole, they do it for a power trip.
>OP is that naive
>>
>>397540
>>397558
Autism is another one of those terms that gets seemingly thrown at every context so much its lost any sense of meaning.

>type a long and descriptive post
>fucking autist
>ask to clarify a question
>fucking autist
>disagree with an opinion
>fucking autist

What's especially jarring is how someone else will discuss a response to said ad homeim as they knew exactly what they're talking about. It's ridiculous.

>inb4 fucking autist
>>
>>397644
*as if they
>>
>>397647
Autism reply
>>
File: 4651.jpg (70 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
4651.jpg
70 KB, 500x628
>>397523
Reminder that the most asshurt people on the site are actually the shitposters who think they make others upset.
>>
>>397523
It always bothered me from the beginning that meme became sidewid popular and even before when it was just /sp/ fagnuts doing that war.
>>
File: Get-over-it.jpg (17 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
Get-over-it.jpg
17 KB, 500x327
>>397523
>>397540
>>397644
>>
>>397558
You have no idea what a white knight is.
>>
>>397702
You're kind, the passive aggressive concern troll, is by far the most obnoxious piece of shit out there.
Nigger, you get over. Clearly it rubbed you the wrong way or else it would not have stimulated a reaponse.
>>
>>397722
I should have used a trigger warning... :^(
>>
>>397718
Yes I do.
>>
>>397576
Wow, are you fucking Indian or something? That is highly unsanitary.
>>
The whole thing about janitors is that I have always wanted to be one. I am sure I could easily make /g/, /sp/, /toy/ and other boards to be better places to browse.

Thing is, I am aware that by applying, I'll be rejected and will feel really bad about it. And then again, I'd hate to see my acts associated to people being banned for the wrong reasons as it happens often in many boards.
>>
Every time I see 'they do it for free' and 'hotpocket' the person posting it is just really bitter about having been actioned upon. Just some mad kids throwing a tantrum because they can't break the rules and get away with it. It's always a really blatant violation that they're whining about, too.
>>
>>397523
It's funny because the very same people who say "they do it for free" also complains a lot about greedy jews.

>those damn greedy kikes
then in the next post
>he does it for free
>>
>ITT: asshurt janitors who ran out of hotpockets
>>
File: 1444680762394.png (437 KB, 498x492) Image search: [Google]
1444680762394.png
437 KB, 498x492
>Yeah, god forbid there are people willing to help make this site not a complete shithole.
>people willing to help make this site not a complete shithole.
>Janitors
>helping this site
that's a really funny joke.
>>
People who don't like the moderation, please look at /vp/.

People who do like the moderation, please look at /tv/.

Where's the balance?
>>
>>399089
>>>/sp/
When janitors are sleeping, my sides are gone. Great threads, even [s4s] gets jealous of it.
With janitors on it, it's still sports discussion like it should be: ignorant, racist and pointless.
>>
>get called a mod in disguise for notifying people who complain about post deletion or bans after obviously having broken a rule that they deserve it
Redditors are silly people.
>>
>>397523
yeah lets be real it was the domain of gamergaters who were super butthurt
>>
>>399641
Oh boy, they are the worst. In /a/, we have a really asspained redditard who complain about mods and spam his shit.
>>
>>399692
I really don't understand where Redditors get their "all of 4chan is unmoderator just like /b/" complex from.
>>
>>399641
>>399692
>>399695
You know what's funny? They're the ones who are most likely to blame reddit, too. Like, shouldn't they know better?
>>
>>397581
So if that's the case, then that's actually a pretty good reason to do it, isn't it? Why do people mock those who enjoy power?
>>
File: pjsalt.jpg (7 KB, 257x250) Image search: [Google]
pjsalt.jpg
7 KB, 257x250
>>397523
Bro u mad after all
>>
>>400672
Yes, because without Kojima Konami burnt their last great developer they had. It is my personal belief on the problems with MGSV is largely Konami's fault not Kojimas. If they just gave him the time and not enforce all these fucking microtransactions and nickle and dime dlcs one the tuxedo should have been in the base game for free. The game was going to sell well regardless. I should have seen the writing on the wall with Ground. Konami has pulled a lot of bullshit over the years taking once great franchises and running them to the ground with inept developers. Sure the next game of MGS may be decent... but if the business model of Phantom Pain is anything to go by couple with the blatant rip off with Ground Zeroes... yeah FucKonami. It's only going to get worse from here on out the next one will be riddled with microtransactions so much it'll be a 60 dollar free to play game with pay to win with skill plays no importance in the game. That said with Kojima is no longer with that putrid piece of shit piss stained company I look forward to see what Kojima develops without piss ants like Konami is no longer dictating on what he can and can't do. Konami is Konami and Konami is the fucking worst and the world will be a better place without those piss ants.
>>
>>400675
This is true.
>>
Never had a problem with a janitor and I rarely get banned. Maybe you're just a shitter for thinking they're out to hurt you.
>>
>>397523
According to 4chan's moderators, from my personal experience:

>posting cosplay photos on /c/ is permitted; pointing it out is not
>making a bomb threat is not permitted; and neither is reporting it
>shitposting through sarcasm is permitted; pointing it out is not
>nudity from official anime/manga sources is permitted; except when it isn't

With mods like these, who needs shitposters?
>>
>>398452
You're shouldn't desire to be a savior
>>
Problem is that 4chan has grown too big, and there are too many people on every board with too many different interests. Mods end up being "no fun allowed" because they end up enforcing their on interpretations of the rules and how the boards should behave.
Personally, I wish mods were a lit bit more laxed on the moderation. Frequently I see great and fun posts being deleted as shitposting just because they deviated slightly from the board's core motive.
Randomness is an important aspect of all boards, not just /b/. I hope mods could they that into account.
>>
>>402880
That's hilarious that you think they're ashamed of it.

Frankly, saying that they do it for free is straight up false. There are so many benefits from being a janitor. They do it and they get rewarded for it, significantly.
>>
>>403140
How do they get rewarded
>>
>>403171
Do you understand what being a janitor entails? Explain how that is not rewarding.
>>
>>403178
You get to delete shitposts
>>
File: average mod.jpg (54 KB, 529x282) Image search: [Google]
average mod.jpg
54 KB, 529x282
As others have said, it's because they do it for the power trip, not to help the community. Unless that idea of community is their sycophantic supporters and their idea of what the community should be.
>>
>>403187
And what's wrong with feeling powerful? How big of a NERD do you have to be to look down on someone for enjoying power?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.