[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frontpage Ads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: frontpage.png (171 KB, 904x646) Image search: [Google]
frontpage.png
171 KB, 904x646
What the fuck is this shit?
Third-party advertisement network ads serving animated scam clickbait ads, and potentially malware? Why?
This is how you get people to turn their adblocking software back on, hiro. This is how you lose trust.
>>
I seriously hope you don't browse the front page, because only it has malware ads.
>>
>>397267
I found it by chance, I don't actually use the front page.
>>
File: caveman what.gif (2 MB, 471x479) Image search: [Google]
caveman what.gif
2 MB, 471x479
>>397265
>forget I had adblock on a few days ago so decide to turn it off because I don't mind helping out the site
>this happens
lel
>>
>>397265
Serious question. Was this not one of the things Hiro promised he wasn't gonna do?

Is he selling out informations to ad companies next? Is this the early toll of 4chans true death bell?
>>
>>397334
My guess is that hiro loaned money to buy 4chan and now realised it doesn't make much profit so he can't pay the interest, so he's trying to squeeze out a bit more money.
>>
>>397519
I'm pretty sure in his first Q@A he did say he had to borrow money.
>>
>>397567
Not sure whether to believe that, I think he's somewhat of a ruseman himself.
>>
>>397334
How are you guys not aware of this already? Hiroyuki and his search analytics company Brazil Future Search have a history of working with Hottolink, a data analytics and mining company which sells user data. He already has the systems in place to run a search archive of 4chan, stripping images to preserve textual information. His past actions of doing this is what turned him into an icon of Internet freedom of speech to be hated by the very users who trusted him.

He likely already has the search platform in operation for his data company to handle.
>>
>>397741
that seems a little far-fetched, I'm sure you have plenty of sources to back this up though, right?
>>
I keep getting redirected to fake flash player update.
>>
File: 1451125501769.jpg (40 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
1451125501769.jpg
40 KB, 500x406
>>397265
>This is how you get people to turn their adblocking software back on
>back on
>implying anybody ever had it turned off
>>
File: 1440542259816.jpg (137 KB, 793x499) Image search: [Google]
1440542259816.jpg
137 KB, 793x499
>turning your Ublock/AdBlock off
>EVER

Also...

>suffering through 4chans shitty vanilla interface
>not using the vastly superior OnneChan/4chan X set-up

plebs
>>
>>397920
The inline extension is plenty.
>>
The only people who go on the front page are newfags anyways. Who cares.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.