[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proposal: Putting "SJW" or "reddit" anywhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
Proposal: Putting "SJW" or "reddit" anywhere in your post should result in an auto-ban.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 235x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 235x290
>>397138
butthurt redditor social justice warrior detected
>>
>>397147
dumb phoneposter
>>
>>397148
Dumb cuckposter
>>
No, we don't need more filters. "Reddit" was filtered once and it solved nothing. This shit needs to work itself out just like anything else.
>>
Maybe you should just shitpost on a politically correct site
>>
>>397138
Starting with you.
>>
>>397138

Proposal: Having Reddit cookies in your browser should result in an auto ban.

Another proposal: Admitting you go to Reddit on a regular basis should also result in a ban.
>>
>>398062
Would you please write some spyware for 4chan so that they can detect reddit cookies? With modern browsers, it's not currently possible to detect cookies from websites other than your own.
>>
>>397138
And a lot of other words too, including the current shitpost kings, 'cuck', 'desu', etc. It's not going to happen, though.
>>
>>398088

Mentioning you go to Reddit should be bannable, at least.

It wont stop them from coming but at least it'll keep them from bothering us so damn much.
>>
>>398307
For every one person who mentions coming from reddit, a good thousand accuse others of coming from reddit and demonstrate knowledge of reddit through their accusations.
>>
File: yes.jpg (17 KB, 334x324) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
17 KB, 334x324
>>397138
So you're saying, as long as people have shitty conversations on this website, we should make it so no-one shall inform them, in writing, of how shit their contributions are?
...Sounds good to me.
>>
>>397138
Banning may not help, but simply blocking from posting would work. Other solutions (banning by cookie) sound great but aren't really feasible, and it's not like people can't just clear their cookies.

However outwardly mentioning SJW or leddit right here on 4chan cannot be worked around. The sheer fucking paranoia about those subjects can instantly derail threads. It's practically the new MLP in troll material. I doubt a bunch of people bringing up leddit even go there, they just want to use it to brand anyone they don't like and also derail the thread so that it can't recover to the point where they'd have to, you know, actually buckle down and have a real conversation.
>>
>>398320
I think shit could be selectively filtered, especially on blue boards. Red boards (I.e /pol/) are supposed to be a free for all but cuck/leddit/sjw hijacks do not belong on /v/ or /tv/, or /co/ or /a/ or any blue board not actually fucking about these things in their topics, that is, most of them. If it is both off topic and way too inflammatory to have remotely sane/shitpost free threads about, why let them pop up on blue boards? Just block any post containing those words from going through. Don't ban, just block until they remove the irrelevant/shitpost namedrop term.

This actually happened on /v/ a while back and I think they could use it again. /tv/ needs "Reddit" not just filtered but fucking blocked real bad. And so on. Literally nothing good comes of bringing up those things much less conversations truly relevant to blue boards. The only people who would miss them are shitposters and people who are too fucking stupid to hold a real conversation without pulling up a string of buzzwords.
>>
Would filters even help?
The problem is that the userbase is shit with a terrible mentality.
Even if people stopped throwing around SJW and Reddit they would simply use another bogusman to shitpost.

How would you even approach that if you wanted to fix it?
Its getting really fucking boring at this point.
I'm not visiting this site to read about reddit, yet I'm confronted with it all the time.
>>
>>398365
Mods/hiro need to remind people that blue boards, or at least most of the blue boards (/int/ isn't really about anything) are actually supposed to be about topical things, and are not different-flavored venues for cross-compatible meta shitposting. People treating them as just different flavors of the same shitposting patterns they do elsewhere should be tarred and feathered for lack of a better description.

They should be free to shit up boards specifically designed for be mountains of diarrhea such as /b/ and /r9k/, as those are meant to be septic tanks anyway and it's clear some of these people are physically messed up in the head and need some place to pathologically shitpost. However, at the very fucking least the blue boards should be as free of the meta shit (reddit, tumblr/SJWs etc) as possible, and I think that's an at least somewhat workable goal.
>>
File: 1436904125033.jpg (102 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1436904125033.jpg
102 KB, 500x600
Turn containment boards into actual containment boards.
We know that 4chan is capable of issues automatic bans based on what you post, and we know that 4chan is capable of banning you from specific boards instead of the entire site.
So there is no reason whatsoever why we shouldn't turn containment boards into actual containment boards. Make it so if you post on a containment board, you are automatically banned from every single non-containment board (but can still post on other containment boards) for three days.

Make a new global rule that disallows posting screencaps of comments, posts, threads, etc. from other sites. So 4chan screencaps would still be allowed, but all the shit from Twitter, Reddit, Imgur, ANN, MAL, etc. would be ban on sight.

Make a new global rule that states you're only allowed to post archive version of news articles. This would both significantly reduce shilling accusations and get rid of a few actual marketers.

Disallow uploading any filename that contains the term tumblr. Disallow any post containing the terms imgur, tumblr, reddit, SJW, fedora, cuck*, misogyn*, homophob*, racis*, etc. Make an exception and allow these terms on related boards, e.g. /pol/.
Disallow uploading gifs sitewide - but give people a month before you implement this change so they can convert existing gifs into webms.
>>
>>398391
Most of those are REALLY bad ideas that help shitposters more than they hurt them. This is some always-online DRM level shit. You're not serious, right?
>>
>>398391
>Disallow uploading gifs sitewide - but give people a month before you implement this change so they can convert existing gifs into webms.
Your other ideas are good for a temporary amount of time until the website has cleaned its shit up, but this one can fuck right off you stupid tripnigger. I'm not converting thousands of gifs I have for something so stupid. Webm's aren't a replacement to gifs and this sort of thing should only be considered when there is a newer standard that replaces gif
>>
>>398370
You're a gentleman and a scholar.

Also, wordfilters are always fun. Who needs bans?
>>
>>398391
>Disallow uploading gifs sitewide - but give people a month before you implement this change so they can convert existing gifs into webms.

Your ideas make some sense but this one is stupid. It wouldn't filter anything since anybody can make webms anyway, it would just be annoying to convert all our .gifs.
>>
File: 1437314054925.png (47 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1437314054925.png
47 KB, 200x200
>>398559
Consider the following:
1. Retards who post those godawful tumblr gifs are generally too stupid to convert their gifs to webms.
2. Retards who browse on Safari on their iPhone would be inconvenienced since they couldn't load webms.
Surely spiting these shitters would make converting thousands of gifs to webms worth it?
>>
>>398575
>1
Filter tumblr naming conventions

>2
Ban mobile posting

This is a major inconvenience in attempt to fix something that can easily be done with other methods
>>
>>398575
>tripfag
>>
Which words gets you autobanned these days?

I remember getting banned for dsfargeg on /b/ many years ago.
>>
>>398575
Let's just ban you instead.
>tripfag
>anime reaction images
>>
>>398311
>>398391
Hello Reddit.
>>
>>397147
nice selfie
>>
File: autobahn-060605.jpg (175 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
autobahn-060605.jpg
175 KB, 960x540
>>397138
No. It should result in an autobahn.
>>
>>398605
Hello, /u/swaglord.
>>
>>397138
I propose wordfiltering SJW to SPOOKY SCARY SKELETON.
>>
>>397138
The thing is, no one is going to stop saying it. It's literally a fall back argument that gets anyone mad easily.

Here's an example every day that is seen on /tv/:
>Don't agree with my opinions? You're from Reddit.
>Wait you actually like this? Found the Redditor.
>You watch films, movies, cinema? You're literally Reddit.
>Reddit this, Reddit that, Reddit Reddit Reddit.

It's never going away because people can't ignore things being talked about that they don't like.
>>
>>397138
if you love reddit so much why dont you go there instead of shitposting
>>
You know you guys can filter all that shit in your settings right? i haven't seen any posts that include the words: tumblr reddit cuck sjw meme feels etc in many moons
>>
>>399634
...then how did you find this thread?
>>
>>399636
Because im on mobile at the moment unfortunately. Settings dont seem to last.
>>
>>399625
Posts can be auto blocked without banning, just stalled until the filtered element is removed. For example, you can't do a sage and also put in your name as "sage" at the same time. Try it. You get "Error: Upload failed." It's not a ban or anything, just a halt to the post going through. That's a filter block. It should totally be done with "reddit" and any permutation of it people try to work around with, at least on blue boards only, especially the ones where scapegoat/bogeyman terms are abused to fucking hell and back as a substitute for actual discussion/arguments.

Many of the popular red boards are designed as catch alls for various shitposting so I guess it's fine to remain there, but really there is no excuse for reddit/sjw/tumblr/cuck to be accepted as stock responses across several blue boards as stand-ins in place of actual discussion. It's a cheap shitty cop-out tactic and terrible low quality content. If people are too vapid to actually bother typing out real replies in favor of calling everything reddit, they weren't doing much good for 4chan in the first place.
>>
>>398062
>Having Reddit cookies in your browser should result in an auto ban.
Reddit newfag spotted
>>
Reddit and tumblr should be wordfiltered to 4chan because it's funny.
Leave SJW as it is but I personally use appchan to hide all posts that use it.
>>
>>397138
Proposal: Putting "neckbeard", "virgin", "pissbaby", or "manchild" anywhere in your post should result in an auto-ban.
>>
>>398305
desu is already filtered baka desu
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.