[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Instead of having minor amounts of people asking for board-specific
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1353875308757.png (188 KB, 300x359) Image search: [Google]
1353875308757.png
188 KB, 300x359
Instead of having minor amounts of people asking for board-specific requests (i.e. splits and rule-changes, temporary and permanent) why don't we re-enable the textboards and allow board meta-discussion on them?
>>
Why does this get ignored every time I suggest it? Is it a shit idea? Definitely sounds like a better idea to me than letting minority factions on /qa/ give Hiro the idea to split boards. Let the meta discussions in the text boards determine the community's opinion of splits, or let them debate it amongst themselves
>>
I think you overestimate the importance of /qa/.
I really don't think any suggestion from /qa/ has ever borne fruit; the new boards were long-standing requests that predate /qa/ itself. I think /news/ was possibly even hiro's own idea.
In an ideal world a text board to discuss a board's culture and rules would be great and would be used to full potential but I think in reality it would be even less popular than the old text boards.
>>
>>395884

I don't see the harm in letting them back on the more popular boards
>>
Is this not a better idea than endless squabbling over which boards should get split by vocal minorities on this board? I refuse to let this thread die without somebody telling me my idea is shit, given valid reasons why it is shit, then several other people quoting them going "yeah dude your idea is shit"
>>
>>395559
Not many people went to the text boards. A sticky would be better.
>>
>>396556

Maybe, but because the text boards were just the imageboards - images. I believe that if we reinstated and added "btw, metatopics for the board go here" they'd surge in popularity
>>
>>397101
>but because the text boards were just the imageboards - images
no
the textboards were much better than the imageboards, you homo.

VIP QUALITY
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.