[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who sets up alarms in his phone to be reminded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1354766412643.jpg (37 KB, 686x576) Image search: [Google]
1354766412643.jpg
37 KB, 686x576
Am I the only one who sets up alarms in his phone to be reminded when bumping a thread when it's about to hit the last page?
I'm an important part of a bunch of Generals on /a/ and while some of them are very active, others (those that rarely appear, only every now and then) take a lot of effort to keep alive, so I wanted to know if I was the only one doing this.
>>
>>395525
I guess being the cancer that's killing 4chan is a full time job.
>>
>>395536
>g-generals are cancer guise

Yeah yeah whatever I wasn't asking your kind.
>>
>>395525
>I'm an important part of a bunch of Generals on /a/
Wow, aren't you such a badass.
>>
>>395525
If I make a general about how much of a cock sucking fag you are will you keep that on alive as well?
>>
>>395525
I wrote a greasemonkey script that does it when a thread hits page 10 for threads like that that I need to keep bumped. I just write an on topic reply to somebody, fill out the captcha, and then set it to not post until the thread hits page 10.
>>
>>395573
That's fucking fantastic, mind to share it?
>>
>>395525
Pretty good bait, have a (You) for your effort.
>>
>>395579
>>395545
>>
If you have to bump a thread just to keep it up, then it wasn't worth keeping up at that point. If no one has anything to say, then shut yer trap, and let a dead thread lie. Someone will make another one when they actually feel like talking about it again.
>>
These people are everything wrong in this world.
>>
File: >general.png (20 KB, 596x892) Image search: [Google]
>general.png
20 KB, 596x892
>>395525
Kill yourself
>>
>>395525
>I'm an important part of a bunch of Generals on /a/
You need to see a psychiatrist. I'm worried about.
>>
I've never done that, but is there a way to do it without a phone? There's a thread I'd like to keep alive for a very long time so this would be useful.
>>
>>395820
Kill yourself as well
>>
>>395824
I'll kill you first.
>>
File: kbtV8zN.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
kbtV8zN.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>395525
>im important
Hehehehe
>>
>>395573
Genuinely interested in this, sounds useful.

And fuck all these anti-Generals tryhards.
>>
>>396108
>And fuck all these anti-Generals tryhards
Fuck off newfag
>>
>>395576
>>396108
All you have to do is

document.getElementByID('page-count').value

document.getElementsByValue('Submit')

and an if/then with a timer that checks every 5 minutes or something.
>>
>>396108
The board has been anti-general since the very first one popped up. It's only that years pass and newfags have never seen the board without them that they were accepted.
>>
File: Generals.png (134 KB, 220x356) Image search: [Google]
Generals.png
134 KB, 220x356
>>
File: bill.jpg (35 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
bill.jpg
35 KB, 500x502
If anything about a website "falls apart" because you stop working hard to maintain it as a normal user, then perhaps what you're actually doing is maintaining an aspect of the site that was never meant to be there in the first place.
>>
>>395525
Is it really you punky brewster? You made /qa/ fun. Put you trip on again.
>>
>>396814
>The board has been anti-general since the very first one popped up

hehe... yeah...
>>
>>396824
I realized that a long time ago myself. A website shouldn't rely on me specifically to be "good". So I don't worry about affecting things.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.