[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when using 4chan meant that you're a weirdo who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: 1448714269088.png (141 KB, 513x403) Image search: [Google]
1448714269088.png
141 KB, 513x403
Remember when using 4chan meant that you're a weirdo who likes Japanese cartoons? Now using 4chan is basically synonymous with being a racist right winger who harasses innocent girls on Twitter.

Where did we go so wrong?
>>
That's a square root function if anything
>>
>>393725
It's not a flat surface.
>>
>Remember when using 4chan meant that you're a weirdo who likes Japanese cartoons?
No. /a/ wasn't the only board, dumbfuck.
>>
>>393708
>innocent girls
>innocent
>girls

No such thing
>>
>>393708
/pol/
>>
>>393735
Literally /b/ - Anime/Random
>>
>>393746
This tbqphf (to be quite perfectly honest senpai (family) )
>>
hasnt been that way since at least 2008
>>
>>393775
Yes, Anime/Random, not only Anime.
>>
>>393725
niggers can't into math
>>
>>393746
Found the angry virgin.
>>
We let the idiots who called us "White Knights" and "Moralfags" and other people like that win.

Now we have nobody who's nice to women or doesn't want to burn jews.

Alas.
>>
>>393708
Moot let this place be about anything. He never even so much as made a statement about who it is supposed to be for, and he gave us boards for just about any topic. I say it's his fault.

>>393991
None of that matters. It's not about being racist or not or anything like that. It's about people wanting to fucking _talk_ about it all the damn time.
The views and opinions of 4chan users are probably the same as ever, but this place should have never become a forum for actual debate and discussion on that topic. 4chan was supposed to be a discussion site for hobbyists, not a debate site.
Moot should have never made boards like /pol/.
>>
/pol/ should never have been made

sometimes I wonder if things like even /co/ should have been made
>>
>>394028
If it makes you feel any better, every time somebody accuses me of ad hominem, I call them a faggot.
>>
>>393708
4chan was always full of racism and notorious for raiding other sites. The only thing that's changed is that there are far, far more normalfags watering down the Japanese cartoon aspect. The Scientology protests are what went wrong because it attracted all the normalfags and memeposters that eventually changed the site's culture to what it is now.

/pol/ is one of the few boards that actually somewhat resembles the site's old culture, although it's been in the toilet since Moot's raid earlier this year.
>>
>>394028
>Moot should have never made boards like /pol/.
Like half the boards on this site, /pol/ was made to divert traffic from /b/. All it did was consolidate discussion that was already occurring into one place.
>>
>>394342
When /b/ became a problem it should have been divided into separate on-topic random boards to compliment already existing boards.

Take 2chan's 二次元裏 board for example (basically like a 2D random). We could have had things like that for /g/ or /v/ or whatever to allow more serious discussion on the main boards and fun threads on the random boards.

Containment boards are a bad long term solution. Proof? Just look at the current state of 4chan and the kinds of people that feel like they belong here.
>>
>>394368
>divided into separate on-topic random boards to compliment already existing boards.
Remove the word "Random" and that's exactly what happened. /a/ split off, then got further divided into /jp/, /vp/, /c/, etc. /v/ is a similar story. /sp/ gave birth to /asp/.

>Just look at the current state of 4chan and the kinds of people that feel like they belong here.
Mainstream exposure from the Scientology protests and memeposting on Facebook and Reddit is what caused that problem, not the creation of new boards. /b/ has always been the cancer landing zone and the majority of the site traffic. Like >>394339 says, /pol/ is one of the closest approximations left of old 4chan.
>>
>>394339
>The Scientology protests are what went wrong because it attracted all the normalfags and memeposters that eventually changed the site's culture to what it is now.

Finally someone else acknowledges this. I came here 2006ish... 2007 comes along, this whole Scientology shit happens. Tons of people flood into the site. /b/ pretty much went to shit and then I started finding other boards here to spend most of my 4chan time at....
>>
Keep your imaginary crusades back on /v/
Stop shitting up this board with your concern trolling
>>
File: 1384612942373.jpg (79 KB, 766x428) Image search: [Google]
1384612942373.jpg
79 KB, 766x428
>MUH RIGHT-WING
>MUH RACISM
>MUH HARASHMUNT
>MUH SOGGY KNEES

>>>/trash/
>>
Why the fuck do you care about 4chan's outside reputation?
>>
>>393730
Then they need to add Z
>>
>>394339
It was full of racism in a contrarian kind of way but it wasn't fucking Nazi right wing. 4chan used to laugh a lot at Fox News, Christians and conservatives (moralfags) and /b/s favorite movie/book was fucking V for Vendetta. Now we have legit moralfags and christfags and Fox News watchers around here. /pol/ is nothing like the old 4chan. I'm tired of this fucking meme.
>>
>>393708
>y = mx+b
Get fucked, that's y = e^x
>>
>being a racist right winger who harasses innocent girls on Twitter
what's wrong with any of these things?
>>
>>393708
Yeah, for like 6 months

Did you forget about all the traffic from the original boogeyman GBS treating this place as neo FYAD?

Of course you don't, because you're not actually an oldfag

There was absolutely no way this place was going to stay a weeb haven without either a paywall keeping the underage out or tripfag elitism a magnitude greater than what you saw at first
>>
>>394339
>4chan was always full of racism
No it wasn't, it was filled with shock humour and the like. There is a big difference between 'niggers like watermelons and fried chiken' 'jews like money haha' and "KILL ALL THE SUBHUMAN NIGGER AND JEWS". 4chan was more apolitical if anything

Normalfags who get upset about anime and moralfags do need to go however
>>
>>393708
>Where did we go so wrong?

That's a strange way to spell right.
>>
>>395097
I think your political opinions are tainting your view of what this place is.

4chan isn't some bastion of the far right, its a mix of everything. If fox isn't being mocked as often its because most have found something even more retarded to laugh at (at the moment it's the SJW safe space crowd).

This is a big part of the cancer that is floating around these days. Everyone is coming in and looking for allies/enemies for whatever agendas they have when the best of times are had when everything is done for the lulz.

Instead we get cancer that came here mistaking some trolling event for a politically motivated 'movement'.
>>
>>394339
I bet you think weev is actually a nazi
>>
File: 2005b.jpg (50 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
2005b.jpg
50 KB, 750x600
>>395117

As soon as 4chan became just a bit popular, its anonymous nature attracted the edgy faggots (anarchists, Nazis, pedos, etc.) of the internet who now had a space with a decent amount of traffic to say and post whatever they wanted without consequences. Stop pretending it was all jokes even if a lot of it was. If anything 4chan is a lot more tame than it used to be.
>>
>>395133
>Stop pretending it was all jokes even if a lot of it was
It was, thats a clear fucking difference. The shit was all down in jest and for the lulz.
>>
>>394339
>/pol/ is one of the few boards that actually somewhat resembles the site's old culture
As someone who was actually there, no it fucking doesn't. /pol/ lacks the creativity for starters. /jp/ is a hell of a lot closer to pre-2007 4chan than /pol/ ever was.
>>
>>395133
Paedofriends were there from the beginning, anon. We came from SA, remember?
Stop trying to rewrite history.
>>
>>395133
On a latter now, just how fucking new are you? A motivational image of a capped post by a fucking namefag? Goddamn they were part of the cancer that killed /b/.
>>
>>395133
I assure you, we pedonazis were here from the very start.
>>
>>395140

I think I first came here in 2005 or 2006, definitely before /b/ day. The first thread I saw on /v/ was a raid on a cripple's channel on Youtube I think. No reason really, people were just having fun messing with a cripple.

It just baffles me how people complain about 4chan now when I remember seeing much worse shit every day when I was younger. CP, gore spam, constant suicide threads, harassing phone calls, but no the real issue is people being slightly racist on /pol/, and making troll accounts on Twitter.
>>
File: 1412790692079.jpg (81 KB, 568x674) Image search: [Google]
1412790692079.jpg
81 KB, 568x674
>>395139
>implying 2D = 3D
>>
>>395145
4chan's popular now.

The new millennials are incredibly sensitive too. It's all about censorship and privilege, instead of free speech and liberty.
>>
>>393708
In the german media, 4chan has the reputation of being a page which is filled over the brim with trolls.
>>
>>393708
>we
lol
>>
>>395136
No, YOU were 16 fucking years old.
>>
>>395233
Everyone else was 16 as well, and that includes moot
>>
>>395265
I completely agree.

Therefore, fuck you. It's not anybody's fault that we grew up.
>>
>>395133
The only thing I would ever consider to be the "true face of the internet" is hacker culture, and not the hollywood version, but where it means the neutral act of circumventing limitations.
Where people come together and share knowledge and teach others how to find knowledge and think for themselves.

You could call other things like 4chan "internet culture" but not the true face of the internet.
All those things listed in that pic are more about showing true human nature rather than being anything specific to the internet.
>>
>>393795
Are you legit retarded?
>>
>>395314
How would he know if he were?
>>
>>393708
Is this the same barber who can notoriously JUST FUCK someone's SHIT UP? Where is this barber and do all his customers come to him with these requests?
>>
>>395265

moot and a lot of the mods were underageb& but the userbase was mixed, some teens, some in their 20s or older. I know a guy on another forum who's in his 40s now but he used to post here in 2004, you can even see him namefagging in some the text board threads that were archived. So he was probably in his late-20s or 30s when he posted here at the time.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.