[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/a/ is alowly turning into /v/ with all the crossboarders
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 810x780) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 810x780
>/a/ is alowly turning into /v/ with all the crossboarders making generals

how do we save /a/
>>
File: enclosed instruction book.png (368 KB, 623x471) Image search: [Google]
enclosed instruction book.png
368 KB, 623x471
>>392946
In case you need any instructions on how to save /a/, check out the enclosed instruction book.
>>
Make a /ag/ board
>>
>/a/ complaining about generals
fuck off, us first, at least there is some degree of moderation on your board

t. /g/
>>
>>393008
>/g/ complaining about moderation
Fuck off, at least some years ago there was enough board unity to self-moderate in the absence of mods
Improving moderation won't change anything, especially if they're opinion of /g/ is the one from the IRC logs

t. ex-/g/
>>
>>392946
nuke it

mods and the userbase encouraging naruto posting instead of publicly executing them like before was the final nail in the coffin
>>
Gather a bunch of IPs and shitpost them to death? It's how it's always been done historically. Some madman will get this analpained and he'll either shoot some schools up or shitpost endlessly.
>>
>>392946
Kill it. It's not worth saving.
>>
>>393051
Narutofags aren't even as bad as Kantai or Monmusume. It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>392946
>/a/ still holds the /v/oogeyman
Werent you people the "last bastion of 4chan"? Why do you keep replying to obvious bait instead of report and most importantly Ignore?
>>
>>393051
I like Naruto and it was a fun manga to read, suck my dick.
Bunch of pretentious fags only hate Naruto because its literally the most popular anime, yet have bleach and one piece threads. Hypocrites.
>>
>>393483
Bleach and One piece didn't have a incredibly obnoxious fanbase that shit up every place they went
>>
>>393484
I'm not incredibly obnoxious and shit up every place I go though.
>>
It's always crossboarders, isn't it? It's not like /a/ was always shit or anything
>>
>>393008
>at least there is some degree of moderation on your board
Sure, if you think having a spastic t/u/mblr cunt moderating your board is a good thing, sure. /a/ is the worst moderated board I've seen.
>>
File: 1428610878093.jpg (827 KB, 2404x1260) Image search: [Google]
1428610878093.jpg
827 KB, 2404x1260
>>393538
2007 and 2008 took a heavy hit on 4chan as a whole and /a/ probably got hit the hardest. The current culture, shaped by the hoards from from exploding vans era, carry on like Tumblrinas and are just as easily "triggered", on top of it the hivemind mentality is fucking atrocious. The current swathe of generals would not have been possible when /a/ was still full on /a/nons and not /a/utists. It was put in a rather apt manner on /jp/:
https://warosu.org/jp/thread/13354464#p13358954

>I really hate this about the way the internet is evolving. Nothing can remain between a small group of people anymore. If someone sees someone having a good time they just walk over and join in, even if they don't fit in with that group they just "open it it up to a wider audience" or in other words invite their friends, kick out the original inhabitants, and then carry on as if they had always lived there. It is seriously distressing to see every community everywhere on internet converging to one "least disagreeable" culture. Can I not exist just because I'm not part of the dominant culture?
>>
>>393547
That's why you need self-moderation and elitism. Make them not want to join unless they learn to play by the rules.
>>
You don't
They ruined /tv/ and now you're next assuming they don't hear about /mu/ first
>>
>>392946
>>393482
>>393538
>>393547
>>393552
I love how /a/ always needs someone else to blame other than themselves
>>
>>393582
/v/ fucked up a lot of boards including /g/ /tv/ /mu/ and /qa/
>>
>>393552
Anon, I was on /mu/ since 2009.

They're already there. It's already happened
>>
>>393552
>>393618
>>393667
Go tip your tinfoil hat somewhere else
>>
>>392946
>muh crossboarders
/a/utists still thinking you can't go to more than one board
>>
>>393552
>>393618
Do you have any proof of that you paranoid freak
>>
>>393582
>>393680
Retarded weeaboos always shifted the blame on someone else because they have no responsibility
>>
>>393582
Generals are the making of themselves, moderators encouraging them and site-wide welcoming of forum-like discussion. I know that, it's just the retards complaining on /qa/ that don't.
>>
>>393687
>>393722
look through the catalog you insipid /v/ermin and stop polluting every board with your shitposting
>>
>>392950
Criminally underrated post
>>
File: 1355719694820.jpg (1004 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1355719694820.jpg
1004 KB, 1280x1024
>>393008
Count the generals in /int/ (although /int/ is shitty for more reasons than just generals these days)
Let's be honest here, the lack of action against generals has created an environment where it is now a tumor attached to every board.
Generals need to be killed ASAP for any attempt to salvage the board communities. They have been tolerated for way too long and new users must assume that chat rooms are just a normal part of imageboards
>>
File: 1377333482123.gif (481 KB, 1070x586) Image search: [Google]
1377333482123.gif
481 KB, 1070x586
>>392946
>>>/a/135292265
Also sage should become visible again so idiots remember that it exists, all bans should be public to improve transparency, and people who are banned shouldn't be able to browse the boards they are banned from.

Popular things are popular and there is nothing wrong with them being discussed a lot, but the moment the threads start linking themselves to previous threads as if there's some sort of continuity it becomes a message board "megathread" and starts to suck life out of the rest of the image board that still tries to act as an image board. General threads are a feature of message board forums and have no place on an image board. Even creating /vg/ was a mistake, though it's gotten so big that it's probably not safe to get rid of it now.

If nothing else, we really, really need visible sage back. People are dumb and if they can't see something they'll forget it exists.
>>
>>392946
It was always bound to happen. The only thing stopping it was /v/ not knowing what animes to watch. /wsr/ ruined EVERYTHING.
>>
Make your own chan and ban everybody you don't like.
>>
>>394706
Why do you think announcing sage is against the rules?
>>
>>393667
/mu/ was good up until 2011-2012 when we finally got some mods (remember mealfriend? remember gorespammer??), after that a large portion of tripfags (lazare, CLT, Cease, JakeGyllenhal) lurkers, and >tfw posters migrated to tumblr for some easy aesthetic pussy but stayed for the shitposting and easy replies. After that /mu/ went down the tube when nigglets from /b/ that spammed the shit outta Kanye and Kendrick, sjws sent by the said tripfags, and plebbit all showed up.
>>
>>394840
mu turned to shit when they started unironically following rap and pop
>>
>>394842
The whole reason /mu/ fell to the shitpile it is now was because of mods pushing out all the feelfags that weirded out the normies and banning the auto-spammers that started up anytime meal or hip-hop was mentioned in passing
>>
>>394842
This generation's music is awful. I'm an old man.
>>
>>392946
nuke /a/
or kanji captcha
>>
>>394872
>kanji
Please anon, that belongs on /jp/. The only thing /a/ would need is kana
>>
File: Selection_073.png (40 KB, 1039x674) Image search: [Google]
Selection_073.png
40 KB, 1039x674
>>394875
Kanji captchas sounds really fun.

I like writing shit into Google's handwriting thing and getting the characters.
>>
>>394872
>>394875
They should put anime/manga capcha.
Show a pic of an anime or manga and you have to type the title (or the name of the character) or choose it from 3 or 4 alternatives. So newfags who only watched 20 shows stay out.
>>
>>394881
Every board should have some silly challenges to post that are based on the board. /a/ should have to answer shitty anime trivia. /g/ should need to brute force the answer to some easy NP-hard problem. /soc/ should need to suck off a peripheral USB dildo we mail to you.
>>
>>394875
the amount of kana is too little so they can bypass that easily, either >>394881 or kanji should be viable.
>>
>>394885
Most shitposters would find something like kana hell. Look at the fucking sad panda. Kanji is too far, so its either kana or the trivia
>>
>>394887
I disagree as >>394878 demonstrates that kanji is just ever so slightly more difficult than kana in that there's more to write into Google.
>>
>>394896
How about putting some words(in kanji or in kana) and you have to type the reading or the meaning? Or maybe you have to choose it from a set of possible answers.

Anyway this kind of capcha would at least reduce the number of dubfags o /a/.
>>
>>394896
Again, kanji is a bit extreme and would fit /jp/ better. Despite the amount of the media I've consumed, I haven't been bothered to learn kanji myself yet. I have no particular interest in having to hand write characters into google everytime I post, even more so since I post a lot. A kanji captcha would effectively kill most of your posters on /a/ because most anons have the same sentiment. The goal is to curb and kill shitposting and idiots, not kill the board. Kana is enough that it'll stop idiots and crossys, but won't effectively kill off all the posters
>>
>>394907
Why do you think the board should cater to you?

Maybe you're a shitposter.
>>
>>394835
I imagine because of "SAGE IN ALL FIELDS". Producing no useful response. Now mods use it as an excuse to get rid of posts they don't like that would've had a noticeable sage in the field originally.
>>
>>392946
/a/ is shit just like /v/, let it die so the weeaboos can fuck off back to reddit
>>
>>394916
This is my favorite meme. I wish I could share it with my facebook buddies.
>>
>>394915
They don't need an excuse. Rule 3 and Rule 6 exists so they have an excuse to ban/delete anything they like. At the end of the day the admins are humans, not machines, so they can do whatever they like and the rules are just a set of guidelines to try to help you out, not a constitution that they need to follow.
>>
>>394912
Why do you think the board should cater to you? I post mostly in manga threads and certain airing threads, so sadly for you, I ain't a shitposter.

Kanji sure as hell won't help the board at all. It'll kill all its poster base and it'll be left with djt rejects and retards. It sure as hell won't somehow help its posting quality, if anything, it'll lower it. /a/ is also still the best place to talk about anime/manga in english without actual retardation. If you want to post in kanji, just fucking use 2ch. Site changes shouldn't be made at the cost of actual fellow anons and a kanji captcha sure as hell isn't helping anything and is only sacrifice fellow anons so you can act like a smug arsehole later on
>>
>>394929
Do you define "Shitposting" as DELIBERATELY making low quality posts, or just making low quality posts in general? If it's the second one, then you're a shitposter. Everybody is. If it's the first one then most of the people you accuse of being shitposters aren't shitposters either.

I consider completely killing the userbase a good thing. The "culture" of every single board on this website is dreadful. If the only people who can post are people who are willing to go through a modicum of effort, or spend money on a 4chan pass, good. I view 4chan as a nice house with thousands of shrieking rats in it.

What is djt? Dow Jones Transportation index?
>>
>>394937
Get out. Please. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>394940
You first.
>>
>>394937
You actually have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>394940
>>394946
moot put up a definition of shitposting that's a little broader than "posts I think are low quality and don't like."
>>
>>394937
>Do you define "Shitposting" as DELIBERATELY making low quality posts, or just making low quality posts in general? If it's the second one, then you're a shitposter. Everybody is. If it's the first one then most of the people you accuse of being shitposters aren't shitposters either.
Then who IS a shitposter?

>I consider completely killing the userbase a good thing. The "culture" of every single board on this website is dreadful. If the only people who can post are people who are willing to go through a modicum of effort, or spend money on a 4chan pass, good. I view 4chan as a nice house with thousands of shrieking rats in it.
Why do you come here?

>What is djt? Dow Jones Transportation index?
Now THIS is a shitpost.
>>
>>394946
Oh, daily japanese threads. I added those to my filters over a year ago and forgot.
>>
File: tumblrURLjusttotriggeryou.gif (187 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
tumblrURLjusttotriggeryou.gif
187 KB, 320x240
>>394948
>Why do you come here?

To test my abilities.
>>
>>394950
So you ARE shitposting. One more reason to have kanji capcha.
>>
>>394952
But I can solve those.
>>
>>394953
Sure you can.
>>
>>394937
Holy shit you are a fucking idiot. Please just fucking kill yourself and go to fucking I don't know, fucking reddit. You'll probably like it better there if you hate every single piece of culture on this site
>>
File: Sx264VW.png (111 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
Sx264VW.png
111 KB, 225x350
>>394954
Well, show me an image of some Kanji and I'll type it back for you.

>>394957
People who disagree with you are a big problem, huh? You want them all gone, right? Me too.
>>
>>394958
>be Muslim
>go to Europe
>"Man I wish these Christfags would leave, I hate this place"
This is you.
>>
>>394960
>Be white
>Come to America
>"Man I wish these Indians would leave, I hate this place."

So? People do it all the time.
>>
>>392946
First, officially purge the gooks and RWBYfags.
>>
>>394962
That makes it right, right?
Just go back to where you came from, faggot.
>>
>>394966
You first.
>>
>LET'S GET RID OF SHITPOSTERS
Okay, let's do something that affects you as well.
>NOW HOLD ON A MOMENT LET'S NOT KILL THE ENTIRE BOARD!
Oh, you mean you want your own personal hugbox.

Here's an idea. Make your own chan and ban everybody you don't like.
>>
>>392946
Generalfags heavily depend on their original cancer hangouts like tumblr and reddit.

Make links to tumblr, reddit, facebook, and livejournal as bannable offenses which cut down the ability for generalfags to maintain their generals since they would be inconvenienced.
>>
>>394937
You are so retarded it hurts
>>
>>392946
>generals are the only threads on /a/ that contain some actual discussion
>they make autistic waifufags upset

Lmao
>>
>>395013
>>generals are the only threads on /a/ that contain some actual discussion
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 1437201195902.jpg (9 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1437201195902.jpg
9 KB, 184x184
>>395013
>generals
>containing any form of actual quality discussion
Why are generalfags so stupid?
>>
>>395015
>>395014
>People who are different from me are wrong.
>>
>>395016
>People who are retarded are retarded
>>
File: >general.png (20 KB, 596x892) Image search: [Google]
>general.png
20 KB, 596x892
>>395016
>flinging shit with other shit flingers is quality discussion
>>
Welp not only crossboard shitposter now we have like 2 korean "comic" threads on /a/ too
At this rate they will bring chinese comic if hiro doesnt take some actions.
>>
>>395013
>generals are the only threads on /a/ that contain some actual discussion
So I told /v/ermine to post pure bullshit, HE ACTUALLY DID IT THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>395014
>>395015
>>395024
Kek you know it's true
>>
I love how all the /a/utists ITT are such know it alls thinking they could actually moderate a site on their own
>>
File: 1429247137212.jpg (143 KB, 543x522) Image search: [Google]
1429247137212.jpg
143 KB, 543x522
>>395028
Meanwhile in the real world
>>>/a/135208020
>468 post
>50 posters
>Literally 9 post per poster
>/v/ will defend this
>>
>>395021
>not liking Chinese cartoons on a Chinese cartoon website
>>
>>395062
careful what u wish for, cause that day gonna come really soon
>>
>>393482
Animeme disease.
It's a common disease related to watching anime, it makes the diseased lose neurons and dick size plus gaining weight.
>>
>>>/a/135307066
That shit's allowed now?
>>
File: 1351216518752.png (117 KB, 627x620) Image search: [Google]
1351216518752.png
117 KB, 627x620
>>394937
So basically you want a message board forum where mods delete posts that don't meet a threshold of "quality."

>What is djt? Dow Jones Transportation index?
Oh, so you don't even go on /a/ or /jp/. So why are you here? You can get your shitty forum discussion on AnimeSuki or MAL or whatever the fuck websites people post on these days.

>>395013
Hey, you know how we used to talk about popular things? We'd start a thread on a particular topic: the new episode, an announcement, how much we want to fuck the shitty fanservice character, etc. That goads people into having a real discussion and bringing up talking points instead of just sitting in the thread because it's warm and comfy and is a safe space to talk about your feelings, and maybe sometimes the topic at hand if you feel like it. General threads are imported directly from message boards. If you want them go there.
>>
File: file.png (24 KB, 300x323) Image search: [Google]
file.png
24 KB, 300x323
>>394872
There's
https://github.com/infinity-next/brennan-captcha/commit/4c5fff37f2a611522de0d15d1c2e88974b8af0cf

I don't see anything in board config page to change the captcha (had to edit the config file by hand for the screenshit), but I assume it's going to be added.
>>
>>395195
Although it looks like it still needs work before deployment. That looks like it could be solved by a robot.
>>
/jp/ please get the fuck out, literally everyone on /a/ hates your trash posting and has your shitty tripfag general filtered
>>
>>395019
What exactly is the point of having quality discussions on places like 4chan? I'm serious. Your thread's going to be gone in a couple hours and the conversation is going to be closed. You want to have a deep, meaningful, serious discussion that reaches a conclusion and forms a consensus in that time? Do you think there might be a better place to have such a debate? I don't know, maybe one where the userbase can vote on which posts make the most sense to them like?

4chan's format lends itself better to smalltalk, which is what generals tend to have. "How are you?" "Good, thanks." and then you leave. And then you come back and do it again a few hours later.
>>
>>395230
>4chan's format lends itself better to smalltalk, which is what generals tend to have. "How are you?" "Good, thanks."
The fuck? Do generalfags really believe this?
No, /a/ is for discussing naime, not for "How are you?" "Good, thanks." Good god, anon. Get the fuck out.
>>
>>395230
>hi everyone i am from reddit
>>
>>395234
>naime

You're so upset you're typing too fast and not revising before you hit submit.
>>
>>395234
YHBT, see the Reddit reference.
>>
>>395241
Nah I do that all the time.

>YHBT
What?
>>
>>395244
He was just telling people to go back to reddit.
>>
>>395195
Looks good, but how do you know it gonna be added?
>>
>>395267
It's open source, worst case you can add it yourself and run your own instance. I don't think it would have been made if they weren't planning to use it, though.
>>
File: 1415509493697.png (399 KB, 636x468) Image search: [Google]
1415509493697.png
399 KB, 636x468
>>392946
/a/ has always had "generals" about the currently running shows and manga. That's the nature of the board. People just freak out about it now because of the /v/ boogeyman.
>>
>>395277
>/a/ has always had "generals"
>i have been here since 2011 and i want the whole world to know!!!
>>
>>395279
I've been here for nine years, but nice meme.

Look, I'll agree that the quality of the board is declining, but it's not because of generals. There were always general discussion threads about anime as it's running.
>>
>>395284
Yeah, the day an episode or chapter came out and maybe the day after that.
24/7 threads with no actual discussion? Nope.
>>
>>395288
Okay, I'll agree with you then. I misunderstood the thread.
>>
>>395284
I haven't seen much of a decline honestly. The moe shit that's gotten so popular in Japan really changed /a/. Moe is what's in, and /a/ adapted to it. It still remains the best board on 4chan
>>
>>395308
I made a thread about backlogs and about how many anime we've watched.
Half of the replies was under 50, some even boasted having finished almost 20 different shows.
If this isn't a sign of decline, I don't know what is.
>>
>>395315
Its still better than most boards. The community is loyal, shitposting isn't tolerated, hating on loli's will get you banned, basically its still a better board
>>
>>395328
Oh yeah I won't deny that.
>>
>>395315
Those kind of threads tend to be newfag magnets so I don't think they're really representative of /a/.
Just the other day in a MAL thread there was a faggot talking about how there's barely a hundred anime worth watching and watching a lot of anime makes you retarded. I'd hate to think people like this are common.
>>
>>395347
t. harem aficionado
>>
>>395381
There is literally nothing wrong with harems.
Everyone who dislikes harems is a legitimately bad person and should deeply reevaluate his life.
>>
>>395329
Even the newfags there catch on quickly believe it or not.
>>
>>395347
And I'm sure he got chewed out hard
>>
>>395381
I've been watching harems since the 90s and I still enjoy them. It's a perfectly fine genre and if you don't like it there are plenty of others you can watch.
>>
>>395381
Nothing wrong with harem anime as long as you don't self insert.
>>
File: 1446131407829.jpg (84 KB, 550x551) Image search: [Google]
1446131407829.jpg
84 KB, 550x551
>>395407
>he doesn't self-insert as one of the girls
>>
>>395413
But I'm not cute, how could I self insert? [spoiler]I'm also not a girl[/spoiler]
>>
>>395347
Anime discussion attracts the most needlessly elitist idiots, I've noticed.
>>
>>392950
too many toasters
>>
>>395415
Why should either of those things stop you?
>>
>>395417
You need to go to other sites anon.
And what's bad about elitism?
>>
>>395415
I don't understand the question.
>>
>>395420
It's true on all sites.

And it's bad because they're the "anime sucks except for a couple things" elitists that have probably not even seen more than five anime tops.
>>
>>395420
People don't like it because it makes them feel bad about themselves for not knowing what everybody's talking about. Elitism is good in communities since it filters out the unwanted trash and forces a prospective newcomer to learn the norms and values before being accepted.
>>
>>395422
That's not elitism, that's just Sturgeon's Law.
>>
>>395422
Dude that's not elitism, that's autism.
>>
>>395428
>>395425
I believe they are all synonyms.
>>
>>395435
Well, everything is synonymous with autism on 4chan.
Autism autism Autism autism autism autism Autism autism.
>>
>>395435
I believe you should go back to your sjw hugbox >>>/v/
>>
>>395443
DUDE

SJWS

LMAO
>>
>gg discussion banned, literally only time discussion was ever banned on 4chan
not even chanology was banned, /v/ is sjw central
>>
File: le millenom girl.jpg (30 KB, 290x481) Image search: [Google]
le millenom girl.jpg
30 KB, 290x481
>>395441
>>395443
>>395454
>>395460
le millenom girl
>>
File: borat.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
borat.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
In my board there is problem
>>
>>392968
not a bad idea
>>
>>394965
/a/ already does that on its own.

>>395013
Generals are the ones full of stupid waifufags.
>>
>>395468
le millenom girl
>>
>>395795
>>395468
Is this game worth getting? I played the shit out of the first EO, so if there isn't much new content I'll probably just go for the new game.
>>
File: millenom technicolor.gif (328 KB, 1085x1160) Image search: [Google]
millenom technicolor.gif
328 KB, 1085x1160
>>395895
I haven't played the remakes. The games they were re-releasing are from one damn generation ago and I don't want to support that.
Also some of the dungeons/classes are locked behind story mode, which itself locks your party into the classes of the characters.
You can still play outside of the story, but it's obvious that the bulk of the "remastering" went to the story mode.

Maybe ask the /vg/ DRPG thread about it, assuming that /vg/ has a thread featuring video game discussion in it
>>
>>395895
It's certainly got a lot of new content but it IS the same game in a lot of ways. They redid the music and the graphics are fancier, and they casualized the story for the "EO has no story abloo bloo" plebs by actually giving you more story directly. Which still has its appeal.

I mean, if you haven't played EO2 at all, you'd be better off getting that remake. Or you could just get EO4 for an experience closer to the original EO.

One thing that bugs me about the remake is that they didn't update any of the old art. So the new characters are very inconsistent with the old ones, because the style changed a fair bit around EO3.

Anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFB1MwaVr0c
Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.