[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASSEEEEEE let there be some form of self-moderation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: thumpimage.jpg (134 KB, 1000x467) Image search: [Google]
thumpimage.jpg
134 KB, 1000x467
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASSEEEEEE let there be some form of self-moderation.
Even if it's not OP banning users in threads, there has to be more judgement and adtion-oriented moderation.

Listen to me Hiro, if you can hear me, if not then the users of /qa/ will spread my suggestions.
>>
>>392681
I know this is a bait thread but

>OP banning users in threads

Why do I keep hearing this? Does anyone actually believe this is a good idea? If so, just how retarded are you?
>>
>>392681
>let there be some form of self-moderation.
What are filters
>>
>>392681

25 reports gets a post deleted
50 reports gets a thread deleted
#'s would need to be lowered for slower boards of course
>>
try using filters and hiding posts
>>
>>392685
everyone on 4chan thinks they're more reasonable and even-handed than everyone else on 4chan and won't abuse it like the rest of the "common rabble"

honestly I could see it working out in more serious, niche threads that actually have a purpose but I have no idea why these retards think that will ever work in threads about more popular subjects
>>
File: 1410045542841.jpg (697 KB, 1958x2937) Image search: [Google]
1410045542841.jpg
697 KB, 1958x2937
>>392681
>>
>>392737
Your shit is as bad as reddit.
>>
>>392681
>self-moderation

It's called filters.
>>
>>392730
This.
It will encourage people to create multiple redundant threads about every subject. The only things that won't are the circlejerks, and even they might when anons outside the circle want to break it up and discuss the subject without the jerk.
>>
Backseat moderation is already pretty annoying, and when the backseat mods know for a fact that there's someone capable of handing out (Very local) bans in the thread, they're only going to get worse.
>>
The zenith of USER MODERATION is ignoring things you don't like.
>>
Lioe I said before. This should only be enforced on really stupid boards like /b/, /mlp/, /a/. Or on /co/ if it's about that adventure time and steven universe thread.
>>
>>392714
You realize people would just spam reports for any posts they don't like by going through a bunch of IP's. Especially if they were on a phone.
Giving backseat mods actual power is an awful idea from every angle.
>>
>>392685
I like the idea. Everyone controls their own thread and if you don't like it, go ahead and create your own. The good threads will still get the most posts. Explain why it'd be a bad idea.
>>
>>393454
>Everyone controls their own thread
You mean everyone controls their own stupid circlejerk.

It's a fucking stupid idea that goes against a basic way of how the site is meant to be ran. The op is a conversation starter, nothing more. He should not exist for anything else, but that. 4chan is a dictatorship, the users shouldn't be given fucking powers like that, it'll only cause the site to crumble on itself
>>
There was a board kind of like that years ago where users could elect their own mods. Guess how well that worked out.

Here's a hint: not well
>>
>>393454
>make thread about how great thing is
>delete/ban people who say anything negative about thing
>said people make threads about how thing sucks
>delete/ban people who say anything positive about thing
>repeat
>>
the only self-moderation that is necessary is for you to ignore stuff you don't like and post more stuff that you do like.
>>
>>393459

It'd actually work great on the /d/ board, when a spammer decides a thread that has "NO FUTA" all over it should have futa.
>>
>>392681
I know this is thrown a lot for no reason but this would make us literally reddit.
>>
>>395096
Yea no. Its a garbage feature and would still be abused there. Getting upset about futa is still also retarded as hell. The spammers definitely would be fucking annoying and deserved to be banned, but the fetish is so versatile that it can be applied with pretty much everything else. There was a fucking reason /d/ was made in the first place
>>
Literally /z/. Fuck off, redditor.
>>
>>393521
Sounds like quality and balance to me.
>>
Just bring back visible sage
>>
Just give more priviliges to the 1% of quality people who actually deserve it and have what to do with moderator powers.
>>
Nothing is good on this planet, not even on the internet.
>>
>>393454
>Explain why it'd be a bad idea.
There's all ready a place where anyone can create their own board, and there are many mostly dead boards.
>>
>>392681
We actually have an extremely effective form of self moderation available to us right now. It's called STOP FUCKING REPLYING TO BAIT YOU SHIT.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.