[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how would things change on 4chan if pepe's were made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: morbo-31.jpg (15 KB, 307x260) Image search: [Google]
morbo-31.jpg
15 KB, 307x260
So how would things change on 4chan if pepe's were made into a bannable offense across all boards? I myself believe post quality might improve. What do you believe?
>>
Not really no
>>
nothing would improve
frogposting is not the cancer, it's the people that shitpost with them, treating cancer's symptoms so not cure cancer, and they will simply find something else to shitpost

the self loathing "4chan is my personal blog and garbage dump" "culture" is what should be attacked, not memes that hurt your feelings

tldr fuck off back to reddit faggot
>>
>>392179
nice blog
>>
Frogposting makes it easier to see which posts to avoid
>>
>>392179
This exactly.

>>392180
That doesn't even make sense retard
>>
>>392179
then how do we fix it then?
>>
Froggot
>>
>>392201
stop coddling retards and their shitty "memes" by replying to low effort shitposts and shitpost threads

thinking before you post and encouraging others to do the same
>>
>>392094
I don't even see people who use it for the sole purpose of trying to be annoying. It peaked and is slowly dwindling down.
>>
>>392186
thanks for sharing your feelings
>>
>>392201
All of 4chan's problems would be solved if the existing rules were actually enforced, and consistently so.
>>
>>392094
This

Newfags that first come to 4chan (usually via /b/) see anons shitposting with pepes,banana faces etc. all the time, which then leads to them thinking that's the accepted normal way to post on 4chan. So when they leave /b/ and migrate to other boards, most take that shitposting mentality with them.
>>
>>392094
it will just be replaced with another maymay that has 9000 variations
>>
>>392247
You do realize there's like 1000 more "memes" just like those created every day on boards like [s4s] just ready to take the place of the banana or pepe right?

I bet it won't even take long until getting a crappy meme onto some list of bannable 4chan memes becomes like a trophy.

Just like this anon said >>392179 there's no point going after the symptom when another just like it will pop up. Better to spend your effort thinking about identifying and fixing the root of the problem.
>>
>>392244
4chan would be much better if instead of changing rules, the user base just suddenly died from cancer.
>>
>>392247
My homeboard is a shitposting board, and yet pepe shitposts make up around 10% of shitposts on the board at any one time, the 90% majority is instead composed of circlejerks, bait, blogposting and low-quality "4chan is my personal garbage dump XD" horse shit that contributes no interesting discussion or content to the board as a whole. And I'm willing to bet that at the VERY LEAST a plurality of you whiny /q/posting reddit faggots enable, participate in, or even start those kinds of shitty low-effort threads on your own boards, probably deluding yourselves into believing it's "board culture" or some other kind of "quality" post.

Why don't you easily triggered retards channel your anger into something constructive instead, like self-moderating your shitty boards and scaring all of your dreaded bogeyman migrants off of it? It would do the site a much greater service than whining about a KC tier meme you don't like on a super secret hidden /q/ that nobody reads.
>>
Banning won't solve anything. We need to stop giving them the attention they crave. There's always that one guy with no self control who has to reply "dumb frogposter" and then they both shit up the thread by continually replying to each other. If he hadn't replied it would have ended there.

With the word filters people just ended up posting "to be honest family" instead of giving it up. If pepe is banned they will just find something else.
>>
>>392362
Pepes are not posted for the exclusive purpose of making people angry. Some people just like them.
>>
>>392094
Frogposting already is bannable. It doesn't help since people can evade bans in thirty seconds or less.
>>
>>392363
but they sure as fuck are good at that, I still keep a folder full of 300 smug toads around to nuke shit threads from orbit
>>
>>392244
This.

Frogposting, and other "ebin maymays" are "Garbage outside of /b/," which is already against the rules, so no new rules are needed, they just need to be enforced.
>>
>>392094
Frogs aren't any worse than shitty smug anime girls.
>>
>>392362
>We need to stop giving them the attention they crave.
"Ignore it and it'll go away" may sound good on paper, but, unfortunately, it doesn't work.

When people come onto non-/b/ boards and virtually shit on the floor, we shouldn't just pretend we didn't see it. It needs to be cleaned up, and the offender kicked the fuck out.
>>
Pepe posts on /a/ almost always get deleted, so at least they have the right idea over there.
>>
>>392541
Where do you people even come from?
>>
File: 1451046722996.jpg (11 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
1451046722996.jpg
11 KB, 328x277
>>392600
You will never know
>>
>>392362
The 'ignore it and itll go away' doesn't work dude. It doesn't work in reality, even more so on a website that has a constant influx of newfags. When newfags see the idiots, they think its the way to act. There is nothing wrong with one or two people calling the dumb frogposter a dumb frogposter. What matters, however, is not given the retard the satisfaction he wants by replying to the reply he gives to you calling him out.

There is nothing wrong with calling out idiots. In actual fact, you really should do so. What matters is knowing to ignore them after that initial reply
>>
>>392539
literally half of this site is "Garbage outside of /b/" including your retarded "This." upvote shitpost

>>392609
frogposting is mostly (You) driven just like any other shitposting meme, and acting like a triggered redditor only vindicates them
>>
still feeling like banning pepe would be good/
>>
>>392094
Yes. Most people who still post le facebook frog are complete normalfaggots or redditors.
>>
>>393973
Still find it funny how quickly pepe went from being an acceptable meme to something despised so quickly. Seemed like it happened almost overnight to me.
>>
>>394013
I think it was because the advent of the smug variant made it more conducive to low-effort shitposting from all demographics, rather than just autists on imageboards.

I was never personally that annoyed by the smug toad, I enjoyed all of the OC it spawned on KC and 4chan /int/ in its nascent phase. But now I cringe when I see it nonetheless, mostly because it's been co-opted by retards.
>>
>>392094
technically that is a rule
but mods tend to not care
>>
People would try to push the line and there'll inevitably we arguments about what constitutes a Pepe, for example you could argue OPs image is a Pepe.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.