[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Star Wars spamming allowed? Like 90% of the board hates it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
Why is Star Wars spamming allowed? Like 90% of the board hates it.
>>
>>391820
The Force Awakens is fucking shit. There's barely any discussion on the film, most of the threads are just /pol/ bait and memes.

>muh mary sue
>muh character is black woah
fuck off already
>>
>>391825
But she is a Mary Sue.
>>
Its been a week
By now GoT/breaking bads would have died down and same with the flavor of the month capeshit

its getting worse and worse as time goes on not better
>>
>>391876
None of those have as rabid a fanbase as Star Wars. No one will sit in line for weeks to watch any Marvel/DC movie. It's going to get worse but the multitude of threads should go away by the middle of January
>>
>>391825
You are dumber than any /pol/ack if you legitimately believe that calling Rey a Mary Sue is motivated by /pol/.
>>
File: hello.png (96 KB, 859x170) Image search: [Google]
hello.png
96 KB, 859x170
Why aren't they enforcing picture related anymore for anything? Did the contract with Disney end?
>>
>>391820
If 90% of the board hated those threads they could easily drive them from the catalog by making new threads. The fact that the "90%" is getting it's ass handed to it by "spammers" tells me you're full of shit.
>>
>>392126
If there's a board with 100 people in it and 1 of them wants to make a shit thread every single minute the other 99 aren't going to be able to do anything about it because most people can't manufacture a good thread every hour.
>>
>>392107
Because everyone has seen the movie by now
>>
>>392147
What about all the other movies? Big hateful eight spoilers are being left up and same with the the revenant
>>
>>392126
There's no way to maintain environmental balance in the chan if you just allow any movie to have 100 threads on the front page at every given time and do nothing about it

How am I supposed to contribute to the board and discuss important movies if the thread dies in 40 minutes in favour of Star Wars?
>>
>>391820
You tolerated spamming of the same shit up until the film's release, what the fuck did you expect to happen once people actually saw the film? That they'd sensibly stop?
>>
File: 1449036848666.jpg (113 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1449036848666.jpg
113 KB, 960x720
>>391825
>muh character is black woah
>mfw literally no one mentions that the character is black expect for people who have a problem with him being black
>>
>>392141
>wants to make a shit thread every single minute
There's a limit on how often you can make threads, and it's much longer than a minute

> the other 99 aren't going to be able to do anything about it
There's nothing stopping them from making a thread, or posting in other threads

>most people can't manufacture a good thread every hour
Obviously not, but the average anon only makes a thread every day or two. If they can't come up with content for thread, then that's their own fault.
>>
>>392242
Way to make numbers out of your ass dude
I start about 5 threads every day in a single board alone.
>>
>>392226
4chan exist outside of reality, so yes people did expect that.

>>392293
And I'm sure even though you sound like an egomaniacal NEET to me, you consider yourself the exact average for a 4chan user.
>>
stay mad friend :)
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 330x790) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 330x790
>>392218
>maintain environmental balance
>discuss important movies

lol

It's not Star Wars fault that no one wants to discuss "Concussion" or "Creed" or "Spectre". Your shit threads get slid because no one wants to talk about that stuff.

If you want a hugbox discussion protected from the scary free market of ideas make a place for it on reddit or 8gag.

Or you can become a mod and ban discussion of anything you don't like.
>>
>>392307
>4chan exist outside of reality, so yes people did expect that.
What?
>>
>>392317
People on 4chan tend to be unrealistic with their desires, hence living outside of reality.
>>
>>392315
dumb phoneposter.
>>
>>392315
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.
>>
Your excuse for not banning SW spamming is because no one wants to talk about other movies? How so?

I spent a week observing the behavior of this anomaly, day and night, and I noticed that plenty of SW threads stay up for hours and get bumped again to the front page once they reach bottom, while someone else makes yet another SW thread that is generally either a meme or something of extremely low quality content like /pol/ baiting or rule breaking (even the /B/ tier threads stay up if they are related to Star Wars), which is precisely why they are flooding the board at the moment.

People interested in film discussion won't even bother scrolling through the catalog seeking for an interesting thread if the first four pages are filled with Star Wars memes. Not to mention that threads are dying out in 40 minutes now. The actually important and productive film threads (not generated by flavor of the month hype) don't even stand a chance.

So while it's generating a lot of traffic for now it's extremely silly to think that it's a good decision to keep this situation going, since these spammers are merely internet tourists and do not care for the quality of the board, unlike the hard-working regulars that may not be as overwhelming in number as this flux of consumerist bees, but you can be sure as hell they actually do care about quality content.
>>
>>392633
>The actually important and productive film threads

This line made me cringe
>>
bump
swaglorde is sending his drones from -s5s- to stop hiro from seeing this
>>
>>392867
Bump

How is that guy still allowed to be a mod?
>>
File: but that's wrong.jpg (28 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
but that's wrong.jpg
28 KB, 600x600
>>391820
>Like 90% of the board hates it.
90% of the board are the ones discussing it while 9% ignore it and 1% bitches on /qa/.
>>
>>391820
>Like 90% of the board hates it.

They're all contrarian. I've yet to see any good criticism on /tv/ other than shitposts.
>>
>>392205
>Big hateful eight spoilers are being left up and same with the the revenant

Because the screeners for those came out days ago.
>>
>>392917
He's a nice mod
>>
>>391820
Are you suggesting the posters on the television & films board stay within their designated sub-board, when they want to talk about a television show or film? Like, if 4chan could have sub-boards within the larger boards... that is what you would want? Maybe, like, if we did it as threads, and making posts of that topic outside of those threads meant you were a spammer and needed to be lambasted and/or banned??

You're mistaken.
>>
They are flooding the board with 90 threads at once about the same film , of course I'll complain. I'm just doing my duty as an user of these boards.

People used to complain about smaller things like /GoT/ and your usual flavor of the month capeshit that never caused any problem at all. I've never once complained about something like that (I tend to ignore the threads)...I'm doing it now because it's that bad. Anyone that says just hide and ignore the threads is either retarded or extremely sardonic because there's no room for other kind of discussion unless it's related to SW.

>just wait for the spam to pass
I'm doing this, and I'm also complaining because it's clearly wrong m8.
>>
There was a strallpoll that got posted, and THIRTY THREE percent thought TFA was 9/10 or HIGHER.

Fucking disgusting. I'm sick of the stupid star wars thread, and I'm sick of sharing my main board with retard normies with garbage taste for rehashed trash movies with zero originality. Mods need to clean up the fucking board.
>>
>>391820
>>394709
>>
>>391820

/tv/ is always filled with things that 90% of the board hates.
>>
>>391820
no, that's the problem. The board is full of capeshit and tween fantasy loving tumblrinas, and has been since /tv/ became a gateway board to 4chan around 2013. If hiro wants a solution he needs to nuke the board completely and start afresh in 6 months
>>
>>396023
>The board is full of capeshit and tween fantasy loving tumblrinas, and has been since /tv/ became a gateway board to 4chan around 2013

this guy knows whats up. /tv/ has become what /sp/ was around 2011
>>
>>396012
This can be applied to every board. Everyone hates pretty much everything.
>>
>>391876
/got/ was the biggest shithole on 4chan tbqh
>>
>on-topic posts
>spamming

4chan is not your safe-space.
>>
File: Lando Calrissian Han Solo.jpg (168 KB, 775x500) Image search: [Google]
Lando Calrissian Han Solo.jpg
168 KB, 775x500
>>391820
>Why is Star Wars spamming allowed? Like 90% of the board hates it.

Why hasn't a Star Wars General been mandated?

It's literally impossible to have have a discussion on /tv/ nowadays, without it being driven to Page 10 within 15 mins by the tidal wave of recycled Star Wars shitposting.
>>
File: BLM2.jpg (45 KB, 307x500) Image search: [Google]
BLM2.jpg
45 KB, 307x500
>>391820
because there's a massive influx of >>391825 types flooding the board with "LOOK AT HOW BRAVE I AM FOR STANDING UP FOR THIS HUGELY SUCCESSFUL MOVIE"

for any single thread actually complaining about SW7 there's 10+ threads like these

they are called "warriors" for a reason
>>
>>396868
this is the best solution imo. Because making a star wars/capeshit board sounds horrible
>>
fuck star wars
>>
File: wat.png (1 MB, 1637x902) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
1 MB, 1637x902
>>391820

look at this shit

this is fucking retarded

but one game of thrones thread? not allowed
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.