[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Word Filters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 4chan.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
I am posting regarding the word filters.

I am wondering if the discussion of some of the reasoning behind the following filters could happen. Many users wonder if these filters are valid.

t.b.h becoming desu
f.a.m becoming senpai
s.m.h becoming baka
C.U.C.K becoming KEK

I personally do not see the point in these global filters and I believe that they hinder the freedom of speech that 4chan has always been known for.

Mods or admins adding to the discussion is strongly desired.
>>
yeah, at first i thought it was a stupid joke aimed at r9k, it's gone on way too long...
>>
>>391601
word filters are mostly for fun.
If they really wanted to stop the use of the words, they'd make them auto-bans
>>
>>391601
additionally, 4chan was never actually about freedom of speech. It's a privately owned website and is not protected under free speech laws.
>>
>>391622
what is even the purpose though, they evidently aren't trying to completely stop usage of those words, what are they trying to do. also, they don't even indicate anywhere on the site that those words aren't allowed.
>>
>>391650
I don't mind seeing these words filtered, they were used to shitposting spam, they served little to no purpose. They're the emoticons of words.
>>
>>391650
I just said, it's for fun.
those words were getting used a lot, and they made wordfilters that turned them into other silly words. If it dissuades people from using them, that's fine. If it doesn't, that's fine too.
>>
>>391601
>muh freedumbs ;_;7
>>>/pol/
>>>/8gag/
>>>/stormfront/
>>
>I don't like fun >:^(
>>
>>391601
For the last time.

You do not have free speech on a private enterprise, nor have you ever possessed it.
>>
It's abuse of power. That's why it happens, the admin and mods just wants to show that they rule this place.
It's like a mad dictator using his power just for the sake of it.
>>
>>391889
>That's why it happens, the admin and mods just wants to show that they rule this place.
That might be because they do rule this place. If you don't like it, you can always leave.
>>
File: Capture.png (4 KB, 370x68) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
4 KB, 370x68
>>391601
>hinder the freedom of speech that 4chan has always been known for
>people still think this
Is also that moot post of him saying 4chan wasn't about free speech, but I can't seem to find it.
>>
>>391650
they're trying to discourage use of said words because they're retarded
>>
>>392046
spotted the cuck
>>
File: >muh bastion of free speech.png (17 KB, 952x179) Image search: [Google]
>muh bastion of free speech.png
17 KB, 952x179
>>392026
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.