[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been browsing this site for 10 years, and like many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1421968804634.jpg (38 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
1421968804634.jpg
38 KB, 400x399
I've been browsing this site for 10 years, and like many people I'm mixed on the changes Hiro has made. Here are some suggestions for how we can improve 4chan on a site-wide basis.

>Remove forced originality from /r9k/.
>Divide existing boards into smaller boards for focused discussion. /tv/ could be unclogged by creating a /got/ and /sw/ board, for example. It worked for /mlp/.
>Enable user-created boards once they've been approved by administrators.
>No mandatory flags on any board. Users can create their own flags or banners that will be displayed alongside the post number, or select from a variety of premade ones.
>Get rid of the antiquated BBS style posting. Each post within a thread will have replies nested with a simple click-to-view system.
>Mandatory user IDs to discourage samefagging. Enable the option to register custom IDs that can be used via password, eliminating the need for tripcodes. These IDs will expire after 6 months of inactivity. Users will be able to send hidden posts to one another based on ID.
>The whole blue/orange color scheme is like TRON or something. Change it to a sensible white background.
>Display a board-tan in the top-left corner of each board, adding some spice to the overall UI and fostering a sense of community.
>Enable an option to collectively hide obnoxious shitposters via a flag/save system. If the overall balance of flag:save is negative, the post will be hidden from view automatically and must be manually clicked to view.
>In addition to the above flagging system, users will be able to purchase a "super save" for a small fee that they can gift to users who make posts of exceptional quality.
>Keep the image uploading system, but remove lowres image previews in case the content is obscene or triggering to users. Instead, make the images auto-upload to a third party website, and display a link to the content within the post.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
>>
File: 20ff5d0e1d22_128.png (45 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
20ff5d0e1d22_128.png
45 KB, 128x128
>>391453
>Remove forced originality from /r9k/.
Don't lurk there, dont care.
>Divide existing boards into smaller boards for focused discussion.
Bandwidth costs money. More boards = more bandwidth. This idea is unlikely.
>Enable user-created boards
As above, though maybe a yearly poll/survey/tar and feathering to select a new board from a shortlist.
>No mandatory flags on any board.
I'm ok with this.
>Get rid of the antiquated BBS style posting. Each post within a thread will have replies nested with a simple click-to-view system.
Goodbye Ctrl+F. No.
>Mandatory user IDs to discourage samefagging.
Nope, because anonymous.
>--- Enable the option to register custom IDs that can be used via password
Nope, because anonymous.
> Users will be able to send hidden posts to one another based on ID.
If you want your supr sekrit ecomms, lrn2IRC
> Change it to a sensible white background.
My eyes, user selectable is fine.
>Display a board-tan in the top-left corner of each board
gb2fakebook if you want to idol worship, community is fostered by lurking moar.
>Enable an option to collectively hide obnoxious shitposters
Great idea till they change IP. Lrn2internet.
>In addition to the above flagging system, users will be able to purchase
As above.
>Keep the image uploading system, but remove lowres image previews in case the content is obscene or triggering..
I wish I had read your entire post instead of point by point till this fucking show stopper.
> auto-upload to a third party website
And who's going to pay for that hosting shitlord? The users you're milking for shekls for the privilege (lel u triggered fgt?) of posting anonymously? (or not so anonymously, as accounts would be inherent somewhere based on your ideas above)

I don't know who you are or why you want to monetise 4chan, but you can fuck right off back to wherever you came from.
>>
>>391468
>More boards = more bandwidth
did you mean storage? because that's the only thing additional boards would take up, the same amount of users accessing a larger variety of resources still equates to the same amount of data served
Fuck more boards though, and fuck user-created boards too, let 8gag have their imagereddit niche.
>>
>>391476
> did you mean storage?
I did, and fucked if I know why I wrote bandwidth. Users split to new boards, hits stay the same but storage increases because two boards worth of rare pepes.

> Fuck more boards though, and fuck user-created boards too, let 8gag have their imagereddit niche.

A this is fine too.
>>
>>391453
I only agree with dividing tv, but turn it into /film/ and /tv/, and flags

Ally your other opinions sound like shit. I don't believe you when you say you've been here for 10 years, you sound like reddit
>>
>>391481
Wait, what the fuck am I talking about, OP is saying to literally turn 4chan into reddit
>>
>>391484
> OP is saying to literally turn 4chan into pay-to-play reddit.
FTFY.
>>
Many of the changes you're suggesting would fundamentally change the kind of site 4chan is. The entire reason hiro bought the site from moot is because he wanted to preserve it, not radically alter it into something different.
>>
>>391453
It took me like half of the post to realise this is bait. 8/10 made me chuckle
>>
>>391468
And then we have to believe that weebs are not retarded, when they unironically respond to bait this obvious.
>>
>>391453
I agree OP, and we should give 4chan an entirely different name while we're at it too.
>>
>>391453
>>Display a board-tan in the top-left corner of each board, adding some spice to the overall UI and fostering a sense of community.
The only good thing that come out of your retarded ass is this. This one is actually a good idea
>>
>>391486
>what is Reddit gold
>>
>>391453
please make a safe for work /b/
that is /swb/
>>
File: doubt.jpg (9 KB, 171x211) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
9 KB, 171x211
>>391453
>I've been browsing this site for 10 years,
>doesn't even have a 13xx filename on his frodo
Also THIS BOARD IS NOT FUCKING /q/ JUST FUCK OFF TO FEEDBACK ALREADY
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.