[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd consider Moot the most sadistic person on the internet,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: joe-son-random-task-10122011.jpg (95 KB, 602x375) Image search: [Google]
joe-son-random-task-10122011.jpg
95 KB, 602x375
I'd consider Moot the most sadistic person on the internet, if he wasn't just a gullible young idiot who genuinely thought it was a good idea to give the ponyretards a board.

No if he was genuinely an evil ruseman then he would have saved every IP on /mlp/ for 3-6 months and then created a disgusting reddit system where every other board can ban, edit, kick, mock, downvote any confirmed brony who has ever posted on /mlp/ for 6 months.
That would have been what the pony fanbase deserved. It would have been /fur/ 2, but funnier and more interactive. Dumb moot has softened up to the sjw and now gave his imageboard to a random japanese kid.

But this. This is bullshit. They're killing themselves with their own cancer, greentext, 40 useless generals, complete disinterest in the show and world design. The many other boards are capable of discussing the cartoon show in an informative manner than these autistic retards.
>>
>generals
After so long I can see why people hate them so much. Generals, and general-like threads are one of the worst things on 4chan.

It happens in every thread when people run out of things to say about something. It devolves into hardly related stupidity and pointless posts just to keep a thread up. Why keep a thread up if it's almost completely pointless and nothing on topic is being discussed? Because they like the basic topic, they believe they are obligated to drag it through the dirt to keep it up. If they had brains, they would just drop it after the on-topic interest in the thread has obviously died. Respect is a willfully abandoned art because it requires self-control and effort. Though, I can see many reasons why people will often throw it to the side on 4chan. Respect what you claim you enjoy. Give it some real thought before posting in a thread about something you enjoy.
>>
I don't get it why /mlp/ wasn't /fur/ 2.0
It would have actually been better for the fanbaee if they removed /mlp/ instead of letting it fester like a cancer.
>>
>>390966
The sjw is using the negro as muscle against you!
>>
File: 1375745212809.jpg (33 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1375745212809.jpg
33 KB, 251x242
>>390988
>It happens in every thread when people run out of things to say about something. It devolves into hardly related stupidity and pointless posts just to keep a thread up. Why keep a thread up if it's almost completely pointless and nothing on topic is being discussed?

Exactly. This is why /vg/ is completely redundant. It's just tripfaggots and larping. They're glorified chatrooms. It's really not hard to tell the difference between a discussion thread and a general.

Making a sub board is just lazy and almost always unnecessary. What is necessary, however, is actual moderation. People are crying about splitting up /tv/ into like six boards but what they don't realize is that the real issue is the posters not the content. This sure as fuck didn't do much for /v/, if anything it made the real problem that much more apparent.

But back to generals, I have to shoutout to the Doom general on /vr/. If only because I feel like "general" is a misnomer, because they actually talk about fucking Doom and share a lot of cool mods and shit. Don't get me wrong though, /vr/ is still unnecessary and this doesn't justify it existing. The board is dead half the time and when it isn't the post quality is still not much better than /v/'s. If the goal was to make a thread about an old video game and have a reply once every three days then... mission accomplished.

Boards like /co/ need generals removed pretty badly, but I think that board is beyond help at this point because it's essentially tumblr-lite. You know this because every time you point it out, they get super defensive and spout "le tumblr boogey man xDD" at you, possibly in a desperate attempt to fit in.

Anyway. There's my two cents about generals, I guess.
>>
>>390988
Generals are everywhere on 4chan. Even on /a/ there's always quite a few generals but they're just in denial.

I saw someone start a thread once calling it a general on /a/ and everyone insulted them and complained until a new thread was made that they all jumped over to which literally ended up being nothing but a general still.
Basically every show that has a thread created for it every time the old one dies has exactly the same posting patterns as general threads. They just don't call them generals so they can sleep at night.

Boards with a high frequency of non-general threads are more whimsical aren't they? Or am I wrong?
I think a lot of people would mistake it for "low quality" since you'd have threads started for things which nowadays are usually just posted in some general.

I'm just saying that I think a lot of people mistake the familiarity and safety of generals for "quality", and you'd see a lot of complaints about low quality threads if generals were strictly banned.

I would personally love it though, and I think it would actually lead to true higher quality over all even if a lot of people wouldn't realize it.
>>
>>391129
>a lot of people mistake the familiarity and safety of generals for "quality"
Bingo. That's what I was thinking, I just couldn't find the right words for it.
>>
>>391129
>I would personally love it though, and I think it would actually lead to true higher quality over all even if a lot of people wouldn't realize it.
This, with more threads moving the shittier threads would be pushed off the board faster.
>>
It's a containment board, you retard. He made /mlp/ to save /b/ and /co/ from them. If the board is deleted and the people are banned they'll just return back after a ban evade. You are stupid.
>>
>>391823
Hello ponyfag janitor.
>>
>>391129
>Even on /a/ there's always quite a few generals but they're just in denial.
More like quite a lot.
>>
File: 1450120725387.gif (325 KB, 509x480) Image search: [Google]
1450120725387.gif
325 KB, 509x480
>>390966
>calling Hiro a random Japanese kid

You do understand that he is the creator of 2ch, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x2448
>>391888
>I fear respect on the interneck
>>
>>391888
> that meaning anything at all
>>
/tg/ and /co/ would make for a much better fandom than the current ponyfags. It wouldn't be bad to ban every confirmed autistic retard on that board and allow only sane rational people to discuss a little girls toy commercial.
>>
>>391129
>Even on /a/ there's always quite a few generals but they're just in denial.
/a/nons hate them and their userbases with a passion
>>
>>391093
>They're glorified chatrooms.

What do you think 4chan is newfag?
>>
>>392509
4chan sure as hell isn't meant to be
>>
>>392509
You're straight out of /adv/, aren't you newtard?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.