[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be the downsides of activating the /r9k/ robot on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1445720263676.png (1 MB, 1024x1265) Image search: [Google]
1445720263676.png
1 MB, 1024x1265
What would be the downsides of activating the /r9k/ robot on all big boards (/v/, /a/, /tv/, etc.)?
>>
>>390659
It should be turned on for thread creation for at least a year or two, it'd fix a shittons of problems
>>
bumperino t͏͏b͏͏h
>>
>>390659
But why?
>>
>>391048
To prevent garbage template threads and shitposting.
>>
File: grid-cell-6839-1422840963-49.jpg (60 KB, 600x396) Image search: [Google]
grid-cell-6839-1422840963-49.jpg
60 KB, 600x396
>>391069
It doesn't do that.
>>
The /r9k/ filter is a good idea, but it's a bit too strict. It's sometimes hard to have a legitimate discussion because you'll keep getting blocked because someone said something slightly similar to what you're saying, 5 months ago.
>>
>>391069
Explain the wagecuck threads every day
>>
>>391069
It hasn't done anything good for /r9k/. Nothing changed at all. The filter was gone for way too long and this culture of whiners and feelers grew and made /r9k/ their home. With the robot back in, they simply will not leave and realize that the robot was brought back specifically to get rid of them

>>391112
This. I want to see it go into effect on /tv/ and /v/ and see how the shitposters react to it.
>>
>>391069
the robot just has people make lengthier bloxoriginal post

it'd still be shitposting but with "original comment" and "blox" everywhere
>>
>>391112
Turn it on only for OP's or have it forget things after a certain amount of time then.
>>
>>391112
>The /r9k/ filter is a good idea, but it's a bit too strict.

The robot is too lax, not too strict. There should be whitelisting of both too rare (solving the blox evasion) and too common words. The robot is a good start, but only that would be an improvement. I actually wrote a proof-of-concept piece of code for this.
>>
>>392163
it should also reset all blocks on a weekly or biweekly (2 weeks) basis, otherwise you run the risk of literally exhausting most word combination possibilities for short posts
>>
>>392261
>the risk of literally exhausting most word combination possibilities for short posts

This is exactly the point. Ad hominems, memeing, and so on, must go in their entirety.
>>
>>392287
>>392261
Note, it is all about the boundaries of the cutoff. It's basically about the register you want to enforce. If you draw the line at word rarity of, say, 'rather', you just get a regular board. If you set it at, say, 'distribute', you get a seriously scientific board. For me, the ideal is somewhere in between, e.g. around 'prepare'.

Of course, this would require nontrivial lemmatization, so that 'prepare', 'preparing', 'preparation' are reduced to the same root.
>>
I'll be the one to say it: the robot is a reddit-tier feature that only fedoras like.
>>
>>392290
(I believe that the dictionary lookup overhead could be seriously reduced by caching and, again, perhaps a compiled PHP module in the worst case.)
>>
>>391227
This. The robot can't force people to post better, it just make people post bad but differently.
>>
>>391865
this tbqhmf (to be quite honest my family)
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.