[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give a legitimate reason why /pol/ shouldn't be deleted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: wofl.png (16 KB, 954x531) Image search: [Google]
wofl.png
16 KB, 954x531
Give a legitimate reason why /pol/ shouldn't be deleted
>>
>>390391
After you give a legitimate reason why it should
>>
>>390394
That's not the point of the thread, my friend
That's okay though, I know some of you have difficulties reading!
>>
>>390391
Remember when /new/ was deleted?
>>
>>390411
I'm sure if the mods were dedicated for a week or two they'd either calm down or go to cripplechan
>>
>>390402
/pol/ is part of 4chan community, as a 4chan user, I will defend its right to exist

your turn
>>
I'll do a quid pro quo -

Shouldn't be deleted because -
>free speech bastion
>a place where you can freely lay out your most hard-cutting arguments and anger towards people who reject your ways of thinking, yet walk away without having a black eye or something if you did that with a real life stranger
>a place to vent feelings you cannot say out loud anywhere because they're too frowned-upon in real life and social media, and outside of 4chan mods tend to treat online spaces as if they were real life, this can allow people to get things off their chest and hence confront things about themselves/others that normally are not allowed to be part of conversations

Should be deleted because -
>if you are in the majority agreeing with each other publicly on things, you don't feel a strong urge to vent because you feel you're already on the "right" side anyway, so basically that pulls towards an imbalanced hugbox of people talking in a way the general public would generally consider huge asshole behavior
>as a result of the above, with a fuckton of assholes not just by internet/4chan standards but easily in real-life hanging around, they are bound to make other boards they visit worse-off with their attitudes and feeling they own the place because they're allowed to exist on 4chan

I think the shouldn't outweighs the should, because I would bet a lot of people have an asshole side of them that only comes out on /pol/ but may be dormant on other boards. If they just freely shit on all other boards and can't control themselves that might warrant a different consideration, but it's hard to say that they're doing that.
>>
File: internet is serious business.png (125 KB, 1974x1248) Image search: [Google]
internet is serious business.png
125 KB, 1974x1248
>>390430
on the other hand, getting triggered by /pol/ and screaming keep /pol/ shit in /pol/, creates an SJW hugbox, which is the entire internet already

if you strongly believe /pol/ is wrong, then you should do nothing but let them condemn themselves with their own words, and let 4chan community at large be the judge

delete /pol/ shitposters are a typical vocal minority, who are used to their whims being abided by, because of their expertise is twitter harassment of public figures
>>
>>390436

>that picture

No.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/middle-ground

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_to_moderation
>>
File: 1398533674009.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1398533674009.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>390436
> telling a faggot to fuck off creates an SJW hugbox
Get lost nigger.
>>
>>390439
entirely missing the point, and those arr tangentally related concepts

if you're thick, I'll explain to you what that picture is trying to convey: DO. NOT. ENGAGE. IN. SHIT. FLINGING. CONTESTS.

>>390441
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>390444

I didn't miss the point. What the picture says and implies is flat out wrong.

You can't just say "both sides are extreme, so they're both wrong and the people in the middle are right!". That's retarded. Because some people are right and others are just wrong. Saying that the truth is always in the middle is fallacious and retarded.

Perhaps if you want to be taken seriously you shouldn't illustrate your point with a picture that's wrong and just use your big boy words.
>>
>>390447
>You can't just say "both sides are extreme, so they're both wrong and the people in the middle are right!"
that's not what it says or even implies at all, it illustrates a pattern internet arguments take, not saying middle ground is always better and morally superior

so you did miss the point, anon

>Because some people are right and others are just wrong
that is entirely dependent on your point of view, there is no objective right and objective wrong, if you thing there is, you don't know what objective means
>>
>>390439
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy
>>
>>390451
you know, adding #fallacy to /pol/, in a similar fashion to [s4s] #fortune, would actually be a lot of fun

flags and IDs are also good, and in my opinion should be enabled on most boards
>>
>>390402
Ah, a personal attack! An unmistakable sign that you can't defend your viewpoint.
>>
File: 1446571791357.png (17 KB, 952x179) Image search: [Google]
1446571791357.png
17 KB, 952x179
>>390430
>free speech bastion

>>390436
>people who dislike /pol/ are sjw's
Ad hominem
>>
>>390421
Other pieces of 4chan community have been removed before
Also no group or board has a right to exist
>>
>>390391
It would hurt /pol/tards feelings.
>>
>>390489
But doesn't everything?
>>
I'm kind of stuck on this opinion actually.
I used to browse /pol/ since 2011 until December of last year when it became absolutely unbearable and it became clear that the majority of the userbase became extreme fucking right-wing SJWs who don't hesitate to shitpost on other boards. People who reach for the JIDF or SJW cards in the middle of a discussion when you disagree with them or when you point out how and why they're fucking stupid, and think they've won the argument from there. Not to mention the fucking GamerGate crisis which led to /pol/'s extreme buttfuck bonanza thanks to moot making /pol/ un-fucking-usable. These are the faggots who need to be kicked out of /pol/ and 4chan as a whole.

But in defense of /pol/, not all of them are like this. Just the faggot crossboarders who can't stand other opinions or who can't counterargue to save their fucking lives and who just reach for memes in response to being told to fuck off and stop being retarded.

/pol/ can have some fairly insightful threads.
I don't believe it's a "bastion of free speech," but I do believe it's important. Unless you're one of the types of people mentioned above, you're alright if you go to /pol/ for actual discussion.

It shouldn't be deleted, but it should be reaffirmed as the board where you go to discuss politics of all kinds, both left and right. Tired of threads getting hijacked by leftists and rightists that have nothing to do with politics on boards that have nothing to do with them either.
>>
if /pol/ was deleted, they would spam shitposts all over other boards (even more than they do already)
>>
>>390483
>1446571791357.png
who is that man? why does he have admin hash?

I'm confused

>>390486
>Other pieces of 4chan community have been removed before
all except /z/ have been resurrected
>>
>>390511
>completely ignoring points because of a regular filename
Ans into the trash you go
>>
>>390504
They have on several ocassions denied this
Clearly the good denizens would never stoop to such actions
>>
>>390538
nice projecting

can I hire you to show powerpoint prentations on my wall?
>>
>>390540
>>390436
Allowing you to circlejerk on this website is just as fucking stupid as letting SJWs do it.
But in your words, it's okay when you do it.
>>
>>390541
I'm not part of any circlejerk? /pol/, SJW or otherwise?
>>
>>390391
They'll flood every fucking board with their bullshit.
>>
/pol/ is the best board on 4chan and is consistently funny. It would be last in line for deletion. Libcucks that can't handle the bantz scurry away to qa to complain, and that just makes the whole thing even funnier.
>>
>>390875
They already do
>>
>>390875
Look at how fast this thread filled up with >>390883 pretending that everyone against /pol/ is from /qa/, the den of libcucks. It's already happened and at this point, it's to make it clear to them that their kind is not welcome here.
>>
File: 1450582812719.png (355 KB, 555x770) Image search: [Google]
1450582812719.png
355 KB, 555x770
>>390430
>>free speech bastion
I hate this meme. /pol/ abuses self-moderation to drown out voices they don't agree with.
>>390884
>implying it won't worsen if /pol/ gets deleted
>>
>>390886
>make it clear to them that their kind is not welcome here
Why? Because you don't like conservatism? Liberals are such fucking whiners.
>>
>>390888
It's a pseudo-movement at this point that's too big for this chan and causes too many problems. It's time to apply the final solution to the /pol/ problem.
>>
>>390888
I don't give a fuck about your political ideology, just keep it on /pol/ where it belongs.
>>
File: 1450806996007.png (67 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1450806996007.png
67 KB, 500x333
If /pol/ goes, you go.
Your move, boy.
>>
I love having politics injected into things I enjoy. Not a day goes by where I don't wonder what dumb shit a tranny has said on twitter about video games.
This is good.
>>
>>390919
Dumbshit frogposter.
>>
File: 4chan_servers.jpg (132 KB, 391x311) Image search: [Google]
4chan_servers.jpg
132 KB, 391x311
>>390391
Because /pol/ is a safe space for a bunch of far-right idiots. It's already polluting enough boards as it is, we don't need that shitposting all over the place. As it is, the c u c k meme was cancerous enough.
>>
>>390919
Did you think this would be scary or something?
Your post literally makes no sense, kiddo
>>
>>390402
anything that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

/pol/ stays.
>>
>delete /pol/
>the tards go everywhere and start shitposting aggressively until they get their board back
>>
>>391220
OK then kiddo
>>
>>391240
>delete /pol/
>use heavy moderation for 1-2 weeks
>they calm down or fuck off to cripchan
>>
>>391251
i surely hope so
>>
>>391259
What "right" would be taken away by deleting /pol/?
And heavy moderation now wouldn't work because the problem wouldn't be solved in a week in its current state. Thered be no reason for them to stop, but if their kind was going through an exodus/genocide they'd either get banned so much a rangeban goes on or they run to a different website with a tail between their legs
>>
File: 1428290301021.png (163 KB, 461x259) Image search: [Google]
1428290301021.png
163 KB, 461x259
What is the issue with /pol/ again? If you don't like it then don't go to it. There's /news/ now if if want to discuss current events without /pol/ memes attached.

If your issue is that their viewpoints and memes have infiltrated the users of other boards, then I'm afraid it's too late for a solution. If /pol/ is deleted the posters will simply visit other boards even more often and continue to promote the ideas/words you find offensive.

The only solution for you, then, is to get the moderators of your board of choice to maintain the nice, liberal, hugbox atmosphere you want. Good luck with that.
>>
>>391273
>my right winged hug box is superior to all!
Also if you don't like the thread then simply don't open it friendo
>>
>>391273
unless there's heavy moderation of course
>>
>>391275
No one's stopping you from going on /pol/ and posting liberal opinions. You'll get plenty of replies, mainly shitposts, but a couple of thought out responses.

So what exactly is the issue? The fact that they are expressing thoughts you don't like?
>>
>>391278
If I may direct you to the OP, the thread is asking for reasons against deleting /pol/, not reasons for :)
>>
>>391278
>So what exactly is the issue? The fact that they are expressing thoughts you don't like?

The issue is having off-topic discussions about politics on a board that has nothing to do with politics

Also why do you assume people here are all liberal
>>
>>391279
I already stated my reasons against. We're discussing those reasons against now.
>>
>>391281
oh that's funny it's almost as if your entire post was asking why should we
oh wait it is
>>
>>391282
>but you're a fucking idiot
I'm glad to see you can't construct an argument without ad hominems
>>
>>391284
it's like you ignored everything he said

>smug anime face

oh wait...
>>
>>391283
My reason against was that there is no reason to delete it since it solves no problems and creates new ones.
>>
File: smug_0.jpg (19 KB, 320x181) Image search: [Google]
smug_0.jpg
19 KB, 320x181
>>391287
Yes I did ignore everything he said because he felt like trying to build a basis for his argument with ad homonyms and as such I'll continue to ignore him
I don't waste my time with people who don't know how to properly debate
I mean look, he's still doing it >>391290
>>
>>391289
>my reason was that there was no reason!
Uh huh...
>>
>>391284
Ad hominem isn't "You're wrong and an idiot" it's "You're wrong because you're an idiot".

Please use fallacies correctly.
>>
>>391290
>people aren't agreeing with me and want my board gone they must be liberals

that or perhaps they're just any random joe that just wants to talk about something non-political but keeps noticing the /pol/ leaking

there wouldn't be a need for nuking the entire board if this wasn't such a problem
>>
>>391290
>If you dont like me, then you a liberal
I dont need politics on every fucking board.
Kill yourself nigger.
>>
>>391327
im not rallying against anything.

because of the constant shit-flinging torns leftist on /pol/, /pol/ is considered a board for right-wings so anyone posting right-wing stuff is considered /pol/

deleting /pol/ is just something some people want because /pol/ is like that kid who constantly shits on whatever anyone is saying but never gets punished for it
>>
>>391348
>You don't see me wanting to ban /mlp/ because of the daily thread on /v/, or ban /tv/ because of the shitposts they spam.

/tv/ shit is mostly comprised of baneposting which for the most part stopped.

/v/ doesn't go around spreading their cancer (unless you count /co/ but no one cares about them sadly)

/mlp/ shit is fairly contained well.
>You know what, why DON'T you care about these boards? They spam and force more shit then /pol/ ever does and they aren't worthy of being deleted?

They don't cause people to have massive shitfist like /pol/ does

>>/pol/ is like that kid who constantly shits on whatever anyone is saying but never gets punished for it
>This is the dumbest simile I've ever heard in my life.

but it's true
act like a shit head, people won't want you around anymore
>>
>>391372
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Hm yes wonderfully put together point I completely agree now
>>
>>391379
>gets BTFO
>proceeds to shitpost

this is why people want /pol/ gone
>>
>>391391
i honestly don't know who you are either anymore
>>
>>391385
I'm not even the guy you were talking to I just wanted to point that out stormweenie
>>
>>391405
>lower then
>>
>>391228
>Also, Tumblr shitposting is just as much as a problem as /pol/ is, yet you fuckers never acknowledge it
Not when it's /pol/tards false-flagging it up by pretending to be Jews, blacks, social justice warriors and other ilk so they can say "Oh hey wow there's SJWs on this board, better derail a thread about video games or art or science to promote my own agenda." To say that this doesn't happen is bullshit. They do it on their own board all the time, and that's one of the things that made /pol/ so God awful to begin with.

You know who really can't handle opinions? Faggots who scream about how you should go back to Tumblr for not believing that you should be constantly warring against SJWs in every single thing you do, that you constantly have to be crusading against leftists all the fucking time and that you should be willing to derail and spam threads with right wing political bullshit and then scream about free speech and leftists when people tell you to shut the fuck up and stop making a thread about politics when it's about something entirely irrelevant. I like how you're screaming that people acknowledge /pol/ but not Tumblr. It's because it's certainly not Tumblr spamming shit about cuckoldry, Jews, nigger nigger nigger, Ben Garrison and other /pol/ shit outside of /pol/.

And furthermore, people are told to go back to /pol/ not because they're right wing, but because it's fucking annoying to get into Jew and/or black and/or feminism discussion #5858385035 on /tv/ when A) we've heard it all before and B) it is not the politics board.

tl;dr, all politics belong on /pol/, stop viewing everything through the lens of your victim complex to justify whining and moaning about how everyone who wants you to keep your politically-oriented shit on /pol/ is just wanting to create a hugbox for SJWs when /pol/ is trying to turn all of 4chan into their own personal hugbox of bullshit themselves.

>>391259
There are no "rights" to use 4chan, you entitled faggot.
>>
>>391273
>If you don't like it then don't go to it.
The issue is that they come to us, not the other way around.
>The only solution for you, then, is to get the moderators of your board of choice to maintain the nice, liberal, hugbox atmosphere you want. Good luck with that.
Jesus fucking Christ, what a dishonest faggot you are. "Oh, I don't want right wing SJWs on my board, I must want my board to be a liberal paradise!"

Can /pol/tards never discuss anything honestly or do they have to reach for these old tried false dichotomies?
>>
>>390391
A Swedish person has talked to Hiro and he has now decided to delete neo-nazi propaganda boards. We don't want to be a part of a movement that helps extreme right wing and Nazis grow even further (just look at what's happening in Sweden, SwedeDemocrats?) etc.

We take a strong stand against fascism and the most worse thing we could do is doing nothing.

Hope you can help us live up to these goals.

// George
>>
>>390898
You know that only will lead to your loss and our victory. We even get a free nation and the world will know your terror and you shall be forever judged because of it.
>>
>>391122
What part of it is far-right?
>>
>>390391
Shit thread, come back with arguments next time.
>>
>>391432
>If you are talking about the sarcastic shitposting, then yes, that NEEDS to be banned and sent into its own board, and NO its not SAID board that needs to be deleted.
Yes, this is what I'm talking about.

>tl;dr: You just wrote an entire post of absolutely nothing, shutting down nothing with opinions I agree with.
That's right, cop the fuck out and stay gone, nigga.
>>
>>391438
Yes you should come back with arguments instead of going "shit thread"
>>
>>391419
>he disagrees with me! He must be right-wing!

Does it ever occur to you guys that people is fucking fed up with all the shit that's happening and it isn't related to /pol/ in any way?

If YOUR issue is with your board getting bombarded with shitposters like you claim, give me a good reason to NOT delete the infected boards instead. Same stupid logic and problem solving.
>>
>>391447
>What the fuck are you trying to prove?
Keep copping on out,

>>391450
Not what I said in the slightest.
Did it ever occur to you that in spite of what's happening, that doesn't give you the right to spam your personal politics all over the fucking chan, nigger? I'm not even advocating for the deletion of /pol/, you dumb shit. Man, you're a retarded nigga.
>>
>>391450
Fuck off Tumblr belongs on 4chan not /pol/!
>>
>>391451
You made strawman arguments and you got one back. Sucks doesn't it.

I just said, if the issue is people shitposting on YOUR boards.. then the problem is your boards.

Politics isn't something easy to contain, it is everywhere in every category. I have the feeling that only certain politics is told to go back to /pol/, but that kind of posts doesn't belong on /pol/ either and is considered shitposting there as well.
>>
>>391454
>Strawman
Doesn't mean what you think it means.
The issue is, keeping /pol/ on /pol/.
If it's /pol/ shitposting on other boards, it's not the other boards' problem, faggot. Fall back, faggot, you're in the danger zone.
>>
>>391448
Shit thread, come back with arguments next time.
>>
>>391456
Shitpost
>>
>>391455
What is the shitposting made of exactly? Is it regular political talk that you cry about? What?
>>
>>391455
>faggot
>fall back faggot
>you're in the danger zone

Did you steal this from some edgy anime?
>>
>>391458
Your whole life is a shitpost, end it already.
>>
>>391478
So the issue is people going off topic no matter if it's political or not?
>>
>>391372
>Or shitposting about the new Star Whores movie, which is still active WITH baneposting.
which hasn't been so bad people want the entire board gone

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
i'v rarely every once in a blue moon when the planets align seen a mlp thread outside of /mlp/ or /trash/, And when i do it gets 404'd immediately

>Where has daddy /pol/ touched you recently? In other words, give me some examples of /pol/ shitposting, and I will give you examples of the other boards shitposting as well.
everytime /co/ talks about a cartoon about black people

>Granted, this argument is fucking stupid, because you still believe that boards need to be deleted instead of shitposters, right?
no you retard, i never said that.

I just gave you reasons why people want it gone

>Thats why we need to ban shitposters, right?
But no, chucklefucks like you want ALL rightwing discussion banned, even if it is contained.

never said that. I don't care what you do so long you keep politics in the politics board
>>
>>391372
>Where has daddy /pol/ touched you recently?
Why does /pol/ always resort to this condescending bullshit when they're told they need to chill the fuck out on the shitposting?
"Oh, a problem? Time to react with snark and condescension and pretend like everyone else is offended when it's us who are coming out of the woodwork to moan and complain that bad opinions of our collective trigger us."
>>
>>391280
>Also why do you assume people here are all liberal
Because nobody had this anti political crusade going when /pol/ was a tiny ridiculed minority on this site and most of the tangential off-topic politics on unrelated boards favored the Left. Sure you'd get told to fuck off if you went full SJW mode, but nobody bitched if your political posting was sane and rational. Now that the current mood has swung in favor to the Right it suddenly becomes pertinent to ban politics site wide for some reason, even when they're not blatant /pol/ shitposting.
>>
>>391559
Pretty sure "HEY A BLACK GUY IN STAR WARS HOLY FUCK THE JEWS ARE DOING THIS" is blatant /pol/ shitposting.
>>
>>391559
>Because nobody had this anti political crusade going when /pol/ was a tiny ridiculed minority on this site
that doesn't make someone liberal you fucking idiot
>>
>>391530
Sounds like a personality disorder
>>
>>391567
It's even funnier considering they laugh at Tumblr for getting triggered by text on a screen but God help them if they see a black guy in Star Wars. They play tough until something offends them.
>>
>>391559
>/pol/ is constantly posting niggers and jews on threads outside their board
>people get fed up and tell them to fuck off
>/pol/ goes full victim mode and reees "FUCKING LIBERAL SJW FUCK OFFFFFF"
>>
>>391568
why is /co/ considered tumblr if /pol/ is constantly bitching about things they don't like and then playing victim complex
>>
>>391571
The same reason why anyone else is considered Tumblr. They disagreed with /pol/.
>>
File: we did it ghazi!.jpg (453 KB, 990x717) Image search: [Google]
we did it ghazi!.jpg
453 KB, 990x717
>>391417
You act like SJWs are this total non-existent boogeyman when they actively shitpost all over 4chan, including this board.
>>
>>391568
If you react negatively to their shitposting they'll ask you if you're triggered. If you ask them if they're triggered they'll tell you to go back to tumblr for using the word.
>>
>>391573
Why are you so obsessed with what women shitpost about on reddit
>>
>>391573
And you can like SJWs are this total onmipresent boogeyman when /pol/ actively shitposts all over 4chan, including this board. This goes both ways. Both /pol/ and the left wing need to fuck off to their respective areas. SJWs go offsite, /pol/ on /pol/. Politics belong there.
>>
>>391573
They're just screeching banshees no one cares about except /co/ /v/ and /pol/
>>
>>391577
>can like
Act like, my bad.
>>
>>391573
And how is this proof that actual SJWs even give a shit about 4chan? Could have been one of you faggots for all we know trying to conjure up some evidence.
>>
>>391465
Shitpost
>>
>>391571
/co/ is to tumblr as /v/ is to twitter as /pol/ is to reddit as /r9k/ is to facebook
>>
>>391562
You're right, that is either blatant /pol/ shitposting or someone pretending to be. Either way, my point wasn't about allowing that, but the trend of having a reasonable opinion that doesn't align with mainstream liberal sensibilities getting labeled /pol/ shitposting anyway.

>>391565
It makes perfect sense. If you were sincere in wanting no politics on your boards you would have been bitching about it regardless of who was doing it. Nobody likes full on SJWs, but I've seen an partaken in countless threads that at one point had political discussions without shitposting where most people aligned somewhere on the Left. Hell, I'm pretty leftwing myself, but I've noticed that people screaming for "no politics," rules often do it because their side is not in favor at the moment.

When /pol/ was small and impotent nobody cared about carving all politics off the site. Now that their ideas are unfortunately gaining traction and other boards are taking them seriously instead of the politics they were already discussing it suddenly becomes a problem. It looks very suspicious to say the least.

>>391569
I'm not part of /pol/ and I don't go there, but the spread of their bullshit wouldn't be happening if there weren't enemies driving people who normally wouldn't give /pol/tards the time of day into their arms.

It's a perfect microcosm of what's happening in the real world honestly. Trump and the European hard right wouldn't have half the support they have right now if it weren't for the opposite wing driving moderates and unaffiliated parties into those desperate choices.
>>
>>391582
>/pol/ is reddit

nah, /pol/ is tumblr
>>
>>391584
>It makes perfect sense
no it doesn't.
>>
>>391584
>but the trend of having a reasonable opinion that doesn't align with mainstream liberal sensibilities getting labeled /pol/ shitposting anyway.

"...But the trend of having a reasonable opinion that doesn't align with mainstream /pol/ sensibilities getting labeled Tumblr anyway."

Do you see where I'm going with this?
>>
>>391587
>>391586
Fuck off back to tumblr
>>
>>391588
>Can't argue.
>Better scream Tumblr.
The inherent inferiority of the rabid right wing occupation on 4chan becomes more apparent by the post. As much as I hate Tumblr, /pol/ is starting to act a lot like it in regards to reactionary derailing name-calling.
>>
File: ghazi survey november 2014.png (227 KB, 1439x2386) Image search: [Google]
ghazi survey november 2014.png
227 KB, 1439x2386
>>391576
>women
GamerGhazi is full of white men.

>>391577
No argument there. I want /pol/ in /pol/ and SJWs elsewhere too. I also want the ability to have rational political discussions related to topics on appropriate boards without either of these groups, but that's a dream that's not happening.

>>391580
Several posters on that board describe themselves as former 4channers who "grew up." The post in and of itself is proof they care about what happens here.
>>
>>391593
>GamerGhazi is full of white men.
Why the fuck do you care? Why do you have this shit saved on your computer?
>>
>>391593
So because someone on the internet says something that fits your narrative, you believe in it. You believe in a bunch of generally anonymous people who can say anything, rig any survey, just to give the impression that they really believe those things on a single user basis. No. That's not proof. People here on 4chan pretend to be SJWs all the time, that doesn't mean they are.

Same case anywhere else.
You have no definitive reason to believe these people are old 4channers, that they're mostly white males, or anything else. Stop believing everything you read on the internet solely because it fits with what you're saying. You're smarter than that.
>>
>>391562
That's even shitposting according to /pol/ you shithead.
>>
>>391593
This gut is right I'm an sjw see here's the proof
>>
>>391598
And yet it was all over /pol/, you shithead.
>>
>>391568
You're retarded if you think the only issue is "hurr a black guy in star wars"

There's been black guys in Star Wars before and no one cared. The only issue and discussion is about whither or not it's actually possible even for a stormtrooper to be black. What you're doing is just strawman.
>>
>>391598
>not ALL /pol/!
>>
>>391604
Oh you mean that argument that gets shut down by anyone who knows about Star wars pointing out that storm troopers aren't clones?
>>
>>391569
>tell racists to go to a political board

Here's the fundemental issue. You think blankly racism has anything to do with a political ideology and you think /pol/ is spilling over. It's not, people are just racist in general where no one can judge them.
>>
>>391604
Except that it isn't, because it was namely /pol/ on /tv/ bitching and moaning because "he only got the part because he was black!" or "that Jew JJ Abrams did this!" in spite of the fact that there were blacks in Star Wars before. It's not a strawman, it's what actually happened. But you can keep crying.
>>
>>391608
And people are just left winged without being from tumblr
>>
>>391611
Nice ad hominem
>>
>>391600
It's all over 4chan according to you you fucking retard

>>391605
Look reply above
>>
>>391604
But that's wrong, you idiot. It's funny how people who haven't seen a movie since Schindler's List came out who know absolutely nothing about Star Wars debate an untrue "fact" that it's impossible for Stormtroopers to be black, and try to shove their Jew-loathing politics down our throats because they live in such a fear that the SJWs will get to us firs in spite of the fact that it's very near possible to hate both groups.
>>
>>391614
Nice ad hominem dood
>>
>>391607
Yes, exactly. That's why the discussion started in the first place. I figure you haven't had any discussion about blacks being in Star Wars before this movie? Yet there has been some.
>>
>>391611
Last time I checked, /tv/ was still a part of 4chan.
To answer your next post in lieu of someone else, you're fucking stupid for believing everything you read solely because it allows you to act like an asshole on boards that don't care for your politics.
>>391614
Except that I was talking about /pol/, not Star Wars, you dumb faggot.
>>
>>391597
The people who post there are deadly serious about their mission statements and the place itself is notorious for banning even a whiff of dissent. They're not joking and as such I take what they say about their own motivation, actions and internal surveys seriously.

>>391596
It's a convenient thing to have when someone such as >>391576 discusses the topic in a way that isn't true.

I might ask you the same. Why do you care that I saved that when there are all sorts of silly crap saved and reposted all over this site?
>>
>>391608
/pol/ is always going on about stupid shit like that though so it's only natural to believe it's /pol/ spilling out

I don't think that every guy who says something offensive is from /pol/ but that's the reputation it got and screaming bloody murder every time someone tells anon to go back to /pol/ is also something associated with /pol/
>>
>>391609
Or it was /tv/ people
>>
>>391611
>I believe everything I read on the surface if it's agreeable with my claims.
>These things cannot be false.
>Or falsified.
Sounds like you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>391609
Or maybe /tv/ is full of racist people. Delete /tv/ because they spill all over /pol/
>>
>>391623
Right, because /tv/ is infamous for talking about Jews, liberals, shills, JIDF, cuckposting and other things entirely related to /pol/, I forgot.
>>391625
Huh, it's almost like there's always going to be a devout group of extremists wherever you go and that the interne gravely condenses like-minded people who hold ideological circlejerks and that because of these things, people are now more prone to meeting up. Right wing circlejerking also leaks into real life, can I attribute that to /pol/ too?
>>
>discussing anime that happens to have a lot of gay fanart
>self-admitted /pol/ user goes on weekly rants about how gays are mentally ill
>posts get deleted but he keeps coming back
when will it end
>>
>>391629
Nobody said Tumblr isn't here.
People ARE saying that /pol/ shitposters are more prevalent. Nice try though.

Also don't get so fucking mad when you espouse the exact same memes and other nonsense on other boards that /pol/ does and get called /pol/, retard.
>>
>>391629
I love this argument every single time that somehow /pol/ shitposting doesn't exist on this website yet every single person shitposting with /pol/ Jew nigger SJW librul nonsense isn't from /pol/ and as a result of that we need to let /pol/ run rampant all over this site and turn 4chan into /pol/chan.
>>
>>391634
>The people who are saying that /pol/ shitposting is more frequent are fucking liars
Yep, that's why it's all over the place. Maybe you're the fucking liar here.

Also, nice "hurr you don't even know this website" claim. Any other appeals to emotion you want to make?
>>
>>391631
You get the same stuff in reverse trying to discuss things on /lgbt/ or on /d/ before it imploded after the /aco/ disaster.

>discussing global fetish fantasies
>self-admitted feminist rants about everybody's ideas and how misogynistic they are
>thread gets deleted, but next one gets the same shit treatment anyway
>>
>>391631
Fuck off degenerate
>>
>>391634
>/v/ has several off topic throughout the day just about women in gaming and random transexual comics topped with random the railing up of threads debating stupid shit
And I'm sure you actually believe SJWs are making these threads instead of shitposters.
>>
>>391639
Hi /pol/
>>
>>391644
I'm pretty sure that you screaming fallacy doesn't A) make something a fallacy nor B) make it false.
>>
>>391651
>>391654
>Just because something is all over the place doesn't mean it's true or logical
But it does, because it's a matter of people posting political shit outside of /pol/, regardless of intent.
>>
>>391647
He did explain why it's bullshit though since there's a lot of this idea that any rightwing shitposting is automatically and 100% /pol/ all the time whereas leftwing shitposting gets written off as false-flagging or ironic shitposting that most likely has nothing to do with other boards or sites.
>>
>>391651
>Go fuck yourself
>>391654
>you honestly need to hang yourself
You sound upset
>>
>>391657
Except that it's not that it's right wing, it's exactly how it's expressed.

When someone's screaming "HOLY FUCK A NIGGER IN STAR WARS THAT KIKE JJ ABRAMS IS A FUCKING HEEB GODDAMN FUCKING CHOSEN OY VEY BE A GOOD GOY AND ACCEPT OUR LIBRUL PARADISE XDDD," I have every right to insinuate that this person needs to go back to /pol/ for two reasons. A) because this shit belongs on /pol/ regardless and B) because this is how /pol/ oftentimes expresses itself. Stereotypes are born from kernels of truth.
>>
>>391657
On /v/ it's most definitely ironic shitposting
On boards like /co/ it could be actual left-wing shitposting
>>
>>391662
>And if you actually cared about keeping political shit off of the other boards the why don't you call out the left side as well
It's funny because I just did.

What is it with you and this persecution complex?

And furthermore, you can't just say the other side is false flagging and lies, because I want them both to fuck off back to their respective corners of the internet or 4chan. Politics go on the politically-oriented board.

Stop being such a victim, you bitch.
>>
>>391671
>With your logic if I see someone trying to defend feminism and derailing a thread based on that I'm going to assume that they are from tumblr and not they are just some random idiot trying to derail a thread
Except with my logic I would tell them to go the fuck back to /pol/. Nice try though.
>>
>>391671
>trying to defend feminism and derailing a thread based on that
That sort of implies that the thread's topic is anti-feminism which really only belongs on /r9k/ and /pol/
Not /v/
>>
>>391661
And what about when there are opinions that aren't completely composed of your /pol/ strawman that get told to go back to /pol/ anyway?

>>391674
1) It doesn't imply that at all. That anon just mentioned derailment by people defending feminism. That could be anything from someone responding to another poster or injecting politics that wasn't there in the first place, something feminists are very good at doing which brings me to 2) With the amount of politics driven into every industry by those with agendas, it's not really that crazy to see threads made with the impetus being a pushback or complaints thereof.
>>
>>391706
>And what about when there are opinions that aren't completely composed of your /pol/ strawman that get told to go back to /pol/ anyway?
Examples please
>>
>>391707
I got told to go back to /pol/ after responding to another poster on /lgbt/ who was asserting it's bigotry to sexually reject people of other races or genders with the argument that having sexual preferences is a normal thing and attributing them all to bigotry is misusing the word.

I've been told to go back to /pol/ after telling an anon on /gif/ ranting with babyboomer strawmen that dehumanization and reasoned prejudice are hallmarks of hateful totalitarianism.

I mean, I even got told to fuck off back to /pol/ for disagreeing with someone on /v/ over whether Bioshock Infinite is racist for depicting a realistic end to a bloody revolution.
>>
>>391714
Why were you on /lgbt/
>>
>>391715
>>391715
Because it's an open board with interesting things to talk about with other anons whom I might share many things in common with? Why else does anyone go to any board?
>>
>>391736
I was mainly asking if you went to /lgbt/ because you're LGBT or if you just went there to argue.
>>
File: gotcha.jpg (31 KB, 362x344) Image search: [Google]
gotcha.jpg
31 KB, 362x344
>>391417
>It's because it's certainly not Tumblr spamming shit about cuckoldry, Jews, nigger nigger nigger, Ben Garrison and other /pol/ shit outside of /pol/.
How would you know!? >>>/tumblr/
>>
>>391706
>And what about when there are opinions that aren't completely composed of your /pol/ strawman that get told to go back to /pol/ anyway?
Like /pol/ doesn't act like that. Fuck off, you dishonest faggot.
>>391736
So let me get this straight. You went to /lgbt/, started your /pol/ horseshit, then went to /gif/ and started the same thing, thinking that these were appropriate places to do so.

This is why you were told to go back to /pol/.
That and, amazingly, people are going to disagree with you! Isn't it great when you learn that 4chan isn't your personal Tumblr?
>>
File: kKpByVF.png (30 KB, 1821x262) Image search: [Google]
kKpByVF.png
30 KB, 1821x262
>>390394
>>390411
>>390421
>>390430
>>390436
>>390489
>>390503
>>390504
>>390875
>>390884
>>390919
>>391122
>>391220
>>391228
>>391240
>>391273
>>391282
>>391290
>>391348
>>391387
>>391629
>>391639
>>391657
>>391671
>>391706
All of these alleged "reasons" to keep /pol/ are trumped by the no bully rule. It's 4chan's biggest open secret that /pol/ is actually a festering ground for meanies, and being mean is against the rules.
>>
>>391827
This type of shitposting where you link a million posts for absolutely no reason should be permabannable.
>>
>>391828
It was actually a lot of hard work reading the entire thread to find all the /pol/ retards so I could btfo them. My post is a legitimate reply. Also, nice counterargument.
>>
>>391829
You didn't blow shit out at all except out your asshole, son. Get the fuck back to [s4s].
>>
>>391830
Exceptional counterargument, meanie.

Can we get a mod in here?
>>
>>391833
>WAAAAAAAH PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT /pol/ AGAIN BETTER ACT LIKE THEY'RE OFFENDED AND NOT ME
Yep.
>>
>>391827
>That said, 4channers enjoy more freedom in terms of what they can say/discuss compared to the vast majority of websites

BTFO tbhfam. Don't use moot to justify your offended feelings.
>>
>>391835
>I-I'm not /pol/ guise!
>I'm only being an apologist for them!
Epic, simply epic. Go back and read my post. >>391827 4chan has never been about "free speech". Your days are numbered, kiddo.

>>391839
The issue is not that moot said it so much as the precedent it sets for moderation on this site. You're a confirmed newfag if you don't know moot has used that very post as rationale to ban /pol/-tier shit in the past (Gamergate)
>>
>>391843
Funny how I never said anything in defense of /pol/ beyond that it's not entirely full of faggots.
I'm >>390503. Yeah, the userbase got extremely cancerous and the crossboarders act like total faggots. But it shouldn't be deleted, not because of "free speech" (which doesn't exist on 4chan, as 4chan is a private enterprise and you can be banned for anything ever, as you have no explicit rights to access the site), but because if it's killed the worst of their shitposters will spill all over this site.
>>
>>390919
>>>/f/ucking kill yourself, frogposter
>>
>>391843
Gamergate was banned for being perceived as a women harassment movement i.e. rule number 4. Also because it brought in a hell of a lot of underaged redditors, which brought the quality of the entire site down. Not because people said some stuff that offends people like you.
>>
>>391835

>WHAA
>WHINING
>tantrum

These are all /qa/ memes aren't they? Everyone I don't like is whining and the best argument most of you can come up with is greentexting >WHAAA

>a board of whiners projecting against each other

This is actually hilarious, ain't even mad. Keep it up guys.
>>
>>391966
Said the faggot reaching for the greentext the very post he starts bitching about it.
>>
>>391967

Lol greentexting "WHAA" is kinda different than greentexting a description of your guys' shit flinging war about /pol/

This board is like /b/ in the sense that nobody is right and everyone is just riding eachother's dicks.
>>
>>391968
"Each others'" is two words, retard.
And it's others', not other's. Retard.
>>
>>391970
"Each other" is singular, actually.
>>
>>391970

>resorting to correcting my grammar

Thanks for prooving my point. No one cares about actually having a discussion here, which is probably why mods don't step foot in this board.
>>
>>391973
Said the guy who literally came into the discussion with ad hominem faggotry and screaming about how retards, RETARDS, argue, when you're also retarded.
>>391972
Go look it up.
>>
>>391975
Yes, I have every right to enter a thread on /qa/ and point out this kind of crap. Are you here for a middle school comeback war where you guys throw shit back at each other or are you here to actually argue positions?
>>
>>391975
Well, have you looked it up yet?
>>
>>391978
Not when your bullshit contributes to the aforementioned bullshit rhetoric you're pointing out. You've immediately forfeited your superiority the second you started shitposting and had nothing substantial to say even in the same post. You basically said "Hey I'm here to tell everyone that they're wrong and stupid and I'm under no obligation after having made this statement to show you how, you're just stupid and that's that, xD." So you're a shitposter, you're not here to argue a position either. Just add shit on shit, but the difference is that your shit doesn't argue either position, just the moral high ground in being a neutral "observant" party.
>>
File: silly_goose.gif (624 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
silly_goose.gif
624 KB, 400x300
>>391979
Have you both decided what part of YouTube comments you want to return back to?

>grammar nazis on 4chan
>>
>>391982

That's a lot of assumptions in one post. I'm merely pointing out your stupidity, not taking a higher ground. You probably don't even know what the point of this discussion is right now, do you? Pretty much just a shit-flinging war and now I'm part of it by trying to point it out to you. So be it.
>>
>>391986
Except it's not an assumption, it's going off of what actually happened. Shut the hell up and argue a point or get the fuck out, shitposter.
>>
>>391983
I just think it's silly that he could make such a basic mistake while correcting someone else's grammar. I agree that being a bitch about grammar is one of the gayest things you can do but the only gayer thing is being wrong when trying to correct someone.

Especially when "each" is an inherently singular word. It literally quantifies "one thing".

>each boy's apple
>each girl's book
>each anon's post
>each other's throats
>>
>>391988

>argue a point

Alright. How does constantly turning someone someone else's post back on them a valid argument?

>Says the guy who
>calls me a shitposter after shitposting
>corrects grammar
>you're taking a moral high ground but I won't point it out for you

All because I pointed out something pretty basic: the entire premise of any argument on /qa/ is to accuse the other guy of whining while throwing insults at them, while projecting to them that they're the ones doing it.
>>
>>391989

He probably doesn't care about grammar at all, he's just selectively being literal. That's what makes the rekt even harder on him.
>>
>>391990
>Alright. How does constantly turning someone someone else's post back on them a valid argument?
How isn't that a point? Also, this series of posts proves you've been in this thread, had something presented to you after you presented it to them as an answer, and you're mad that you couldn't answer the question as it was posed.

Stay pretty mad.
>>
>>391992
Either that, or baiting.
>>
>>391990
>the entire premise of any argument on /qa/ is to accuse the other guy of whining while throwing insults at them, while projecting to them that they're the ones doing it.
You can do better than that, since you're also doing this. "I'm here to do the thing I'm bitching about guys, I'm above it all!" F***ing idiots.
>>
>>391993

More assumptions. Come on buddy, don't fight it, I'm just here to point out something pretty simple. I want to add to that greentext list:

>calls people mad

It's like a record. The next course of action is to stray so far from the topic at hand just to maintain some sort of status. Don't be in denial, friend, you're just shitposting and you're shitposting while accusing me of shitposting after pointing out your shitposting.
>>
>>391996

How's he doing the thing he's bitching about? You're the only one proving him right faggot
>>
>>391997
>Waaaaaaaaah, stop assuming!
It's a plausible assumption. Assumptions aren't inherently incorrect. Sorry you can't argue.
>>
>>391998
Get off your phone you bitch.
>>
>>391999
>Waah

He did it again! Oh, /qa/, you need to pick some better things to greentext. :(

This is what I'm pointing out, friend!
>>
>>392002
>Implying your incessant nagging and crying isn't a reason to bust out a good old "waaaah!"

>Waaaaaaaaaaaaah stop doing things I don't liiiiike! Goooooooooooood!

>Jeeeeesuuuuus!
>>
>>392003

Oh dear god I think I broke him! All I'm doing is pointing out how watering everyone else's opinion to "whaa" and "whining" and "nagging" is prevalent, you know. I didn't mean to break you.
>>
>>392004
>MOOOOOOOOM!
>MAKE HIM STOOOOOOOOOOOP!
>>
>>392005

Hehehe I actually liked this one.
>>
>>392006
>GOD, MOM, IT ISN'T FUNNY!

>

>HE'S STILL DOING IT, MOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
>>
>>391998
>no answer
>>
>>392008
Get off your phone you bitch.
>>
>>392009
Lolwat the fuck does this mean?
>>
>>392010
Stop using your phone to avoid the cooldown timer so you can samefag more effectively.
>>
>>392007
>I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I
>I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I
>TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE

I just fucking rekt you bitch.
>>
>>392012
>BETTER BITCH ABOUT GREENTEXT AND THEN DO IT MYSELF!
>>
>>392011

Doesnt the cooldown timer go by IP rather than device?
>>
>>392013
>BETTER POINT OUT SOMEONE'S GREENTEXT AND DO IT MYSELF
>>
>>392014
When people say that they usually mean you're using your phone's data plan to samefag. Which only newfags who have never proxied or change their IP before would do.
>192.16.1.1
>change MAC address
>bam
>>
>>392016
>BETTER POINT OUT SOMEONE'S GREENTEXT AND DO IT MYSELF AFTER SOMEONE POINTS OUT THAT I'VE DONE EXACTLY THAT WHILE BITCHING ABOUT IT IN THE SAME POST I DO IT IN
>>
File: 6.gif (871 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
6.gif
871 KB, 525x525
>>392020
>>
>>391747
I didn't go there for either reason. I've been with people of both sexes but realized a while ago it's not for me.

>>391790
You didn't read my post very well did you? All of those instances I was responding to things already injected into the threads with opinions that are I think are hardly controversial.

I wouldn't go to these places to start "/pol/ horseshit," on account of not visiting the board to begin with.

>That and, amazingly, people are going to disagree with you! Isn't it great when you learn that 4chan isn't your personal Tumblr?
And yet, you are condemning me for disagreeing and responding to things already within those threads.

You're proving my point.
>>
>>392127
>All of those instances I was responding to things already injected into the threads with opinions that are I think are hardly controversial.
So you have carte blanche to shit up threads with political shit because others are doing so.

Nope. Report that shit and move on.

>And yet, you are condemning me for disagreeing and responding to things already within those threads.

I'm condemning you for politics outside of /pol/, retard. If the other retards who you were responding to were stupid enough to confess in this thread I'd be saying the exact same thing to them.

>You're proving my point.
The statement of every lazy idiot thinking they're winning internet fights and that saying this is an automatic victory card.
>>
>>392007
>>392013
>>392020
>>392007

Wow this is embarrassing to read.
>>
>>392305
>Wow, mom, I have no argument.
>>
>>392306

Wow you're awfully defensive, how am I supposed to argue against a bunch of greentext huh? And why do you want people to argue with you in the first place?
>>
>>392308
>Wow, mom, you can't just tell me what to do.
>>
>>392309
Oh you're trolling... well I thought I'd point it out anyways. Merry Christmas, don't stay up too late!
>>
>>392311
And have a happy go to Hell.
>>
/pol/ is just an elaborate /s4s/. It's pretty funny actually.
>>
>"but, muh racism!"

defending your racism and right-wing views is just cringey

these people need to leave 4chan. its not 2007.
you people are the reason moot left 4chan.
>>
>>392413
>its not 2007
What year is it?
>>
>>392464
Le ebin maymay xD! Back to >>>/tv/, troglodyte.
>>
>>392413
>moot left 4chan
who?
>>
>>392468
I don't wanna

>>392470
remember there was that one guy who liberally got cuck held by games journalism
>>
>>392472
>remember there was that one guy who liberally got cuck held by games journalism
not really, no

some tripfag on /v/? don't really care to be honest
>>
>>392299
You may interpret anything even vaguely political as "/pol/ horseshit," but I doubt most of 4chan would over the stereotype that has built up surrounding the place. The communities that inhabit a board are as much an influence on people's view of it as the board's name and mission statement.

Unless you want to hire a PLA sized horde of moderators or get everyone on 4chan to suddenly stop caring about politics eliminating them from unrelated boards altogether is a pipe dream. The most you can hope for is smart moderation to clean up the most egregious examples of such.

And when I said you were proving my point, I was referring to what others have touched on with uncontroversial comments being labeled /pol/ for running against those with a blatant agenda. I wasn't aware your idea of what constitutes /pol/ shitposting is any and all politics to begin with and not the rightwing view most people have of the board.
>>
>>392631
>being labeled /pol/ for running against those with a blatant agenda.
You mean just like /pol/ does?
You should stop, you're not even ahead anymore.
>>
>>392632
Yes, absolutely. Getting told to go back to /pol/ when espousing an uncontroversial opinion against accepted leftwing thought isn't that much different than getting told to go back to Tumblr or such for uncontroversial opinions against accepted conservative thought.

Why should I stop? I'm not advocating for shitposting here, just noticing that "go back to /pol/!" serves little to no function beyond being an in-house "go back to reddit!"
>>
File: the martian.png (671 KB, 559x828) Image search: [Google]
the martian.png
671 KB, 559x828
>>392631
>mission statement
>>
>>392674
it's not that it's conservative stuff, it's political stuff that comes out of nowhere when two anons are talking about something completely different
>>
>>392674
You don't seem to understand that nobody's arguing because it's conservative. They're arguing because it's political where politics are entirely irrelevant.
>>
>>390883
It is fucking hilarious. /Pol/ is the best board, hands down
>>
>atheists wanting /pol/ to be deleted because it's the only Christian board on 4chan
Nice try, Satan
>>
>>392959
>comes out of nowhere
That's not always the case. When a thread is based on something that's currently a hot-button issue or incapable of being discussed without them in context then it's going to happen on some level.

At the end of the day, you're not going to realistically get any and all political discussions off unrelated boards. For some topics they are intertwined and trying to discuss them without any political bent is silly.

Political shitposting should go I agree, but that's not something endemic to politics. That's shitposters using a popular topic to shitpost. Anons start and carry on heated arguments full of trolling and shitposting over the most trivial things and it often derails threads, political discussions aren't alone in that regard.

>>392960
>nobody's arguing because it's conservative.
I'm too pragmatic to think it's for that reason. Off-topic tangents of political persuasion have always happened on 4chan. It's annoying when they consume threads completely or derail the topic at hand, but small back-and-forths have always been around.

I have numerous positions myself but I'm only ever told to go back to /pol/ if I voice a more conservative flavored one. I've never been told to take myself elsewhere when posting more leftwing leaning positions in the flow of natural discussion.
>>
>>390430
pol is not a free speech bastion, its everything wrong with democracy, if the wrong thing or hateful things are shouted enough at each other they egg it on
If this was a joke it would be 10/10 bait
its fucking scary that people actually believe their shit
It wouldnt even be a problem if they stayed in their little hugbox, but then they shit up other boards with their nonsense as if it was fact, as if it was 4chans creed
>>
>>393755
>Not knowing /pol/ is satire
>>
File: 1450833117855.png (10 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
1450833117855.png
10 KB, 1000x600
>>390391
Because without it, there would be no board on this site where dumbfucks like this >>393755 are called out on their bullshit.
>>
>>393964
Yeah he sure is getting proven wrong by this post
>>
>>393755
In my opinion people pushing the idea that those with different ideas represent dangerous wrongthink is what's actually wrong with our current democracies.

Letting people see the shitty ideas for what they are inoculates the populace against them. It keeps the bullshit from rising to the top. It keeps the ideologues honest because they have no other choice.

Contrast that with what many people seem to want in this day and age where unpopular or politically incorrect ideas are not only scrutinized, they're buried, shunned and chased out of the discussion entirely, sometimes with rather draconian means. When this happens you make martyrs of them, not fools and your methods only serve to drive others into their arms.

/pol/ and places like it are making headway and surging with people who would otherwise never give it the time of day because the internet as a whole has seemingly decided to purge dangerous ideas instead of exposing how stupid they are. You have no one to blame but yourselves for this mess.

>>393983
He is, because if there weren't a realistic and tangible threat of this site being overrun by /pol/'s classical enemies if it goes then half the people defending it wouldn't be doing so.

I defend it despite never going there and finding the memes that come from it incredibly stupid, because the alternative is condoning a mindset that deems certain ideas too dangerous for existence.

I know exactly what will happen if /pol/ gets binned and the posters flooded from it driven off this site. It'll be another repeat of what has happened to countless sites in the past five years or so. That is why I defend it even though I loathe it.
>>
/pol/ was a mistake.
>>
delete /qa/
>>
>>390391
free speech
>>
File: kKpByVF-1.jpg (126 KB, 1440x207) Image search: [Google]
kKpByVF-1.jpg
126 KB, 1440x207
>>395596
>>
>>390514
into the trash it goes is a /pol/ meme.
>Ans
>>
>>390391
Containment board.
If you remove /pol/ the other boards will get flooded with their autism.

/Pol/ used to be good then it just started to attract people who lowered the posting quality heavily over time then then there was moot fucking around that ruined the board.

The early days are pretty much dead at this point.
>>
>>390430
>free speech bastion

I never understood the people that say this
>>
>>395990
I'm pretty sure after /pol/ really started taking off the political diversity on 4chan decreased rapidly. Before most people on most boards didn't care about politics, but some boards still managed to develop their own unique strains of political theory.

Now politics on all boards are three-way shitfights between /pol/, SJWs, and mods who delete everything.
>>
>>395994
No, the politics are exactly the same
Stormniggers are just louder now and assume everyone is with them except for their super duper scary boogeyman reddit/tumblr/sjws
>>
>>395990
>If you remove /pol/ the other boards will get flooded with their autism.
They already are
>>
>>395994
If anything /pol/ taking off has brought in more people seeking to antagonize it since /pol/'s enemies tend to thrive off of being a victim to the point they invoke that dynamic for sympathy.

People did care about politics before, but they were not injected into everything and they were less vitriolic. Having political discussions on things those discussions were related to happened all the time. Now that everything has been made political however it's a lot more polarizing and heated.

The only realistic solution I see is to remove the blatant shitposting in the same way you'd do any other kind, but there's no reason to get rid of politics altogether.

>>396028
They're louder now because their ideas are gaining traction with people who see their enemies as the greater threat.

Case in point, your reference to /pol/'s enemies as "super duper scary boogeyman reddit/tumblr/sjws," when those kinds of people are not imaginary boogeymen and are, in my opinion, quite frightening in how quick they attack things like civil rights when they do not suit their agendas.

I have no illusions as to what most diehard /pol/tards represent either. I know quite a few espouse ideas that are as batshit or loony, but in the real word /pol/tards are nobody's who get laughed at, ridiculed and have no political power. SJWs on the other hand have immense power and position and have major policy makers itching to accommodate them and their ideas.

That last part is the most important, because it's exactly why people who would normally never sympathize with /pol/ are echoing its rhetoric and contributing to this idea that /pol/ is everywhere on this site.
>>
>>396167
>but in the real world /pol/tards are nobody's who get laughed at, ridiculed and have no political power

Most /pol/acks are just libertarians and republicans, who spice up their ideology through anonymity and memery. The actual nazis are just a small minority of /pol/.
>>
>>396175
Fuck off kike
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.