[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people on 4chan get offended so easily? Sometimes it feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: 1450631933038.png (330 KB, 471x467) Image search: [Google]
1450631933038.png
330 KB, 471x467
Why do people on 4chan get offended so easily? Sometimes it feels like I'm browsing tumblr.
>>
>>390184
>>
Ironically tumblr is not that easily offended compared to 4chan. It's pretty hilarious to see all the "go back to tumblr" nonsense when I know from years of experience that this site is fifty times worse.
>>
People always got pissy about things, but now I think people are just so used to being able to hide threads and posts that they've forgotten how to just man up and deal with things. So any time they see shit they don't like that passes a filter? Must be a massive epidemic that has to be silenced. Assuming they aren't just baiting equally offended people who cry at any mention of being told to shut the fuck up.
>>
Tumblr has 300 million monthly uniques. 4chan has 8 million monthly uniques.

When something offends somebody, they usually reply to it.

If you aren't getting 37 times as many replies every time you post something offensive on Tumblr in a popular tag than you would on 4chan, that means 4chan is more easily offended.
>>
>>390242
well, for one tumblr is a big site filled with all sorts of people, only a small fraction are triggeable cunts

and 4chan has an anonymous userbase, you can say what ever the fuck you want and it will not matter, so of course people will be more be more prone the others just what big assholes they are
>>
>>390252
This is a good point. I wouldn't expect 4chan to understand something like math, though.
>>
>>390260
When I make a total shit thread on /a/ which gets bumped by all and sundry for three hours it gets 10,000 views, whereas if I post something on my Tumblr it gets no views because I don't have any followers.
>>
>>390271
If you tag your post that doesn't matter. You're not required to have followers for your post to be seen, all you have to do is tag it and it will appear in the tag.
>>
Because this place is full of bitter virgins who hate themselves and they have to relieve the stress somehow.
>>
File: 22 gorillion.png (4 KB, 369x152) Image search: [Google]
22 gorillion.png
4 KB, 369x152
>>390252
>8 million
>>
>>390308
Whoops. I just googled and I guess I found a really old page.

So not 37 times as much. More like 13 times as much.
>>
Anime killed my sister, please delete this
>>
>>390327
As an anime I find this kind of statement distastfeul and highly problematic

this animesogyny must end
>>
>>390184
>Why do people on 4chan get offended so easily?
Most of the people who use 4chan currently are part of the people who came here after 2007. The generation of people who were raised to believe that they are special snowflakes and during a time wherein an Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis was lazily dished out to hundreds and thousands of young teenagers, mostly males, who were raised by single mothers and feminised families that devalued masculinity and prompted selfish entitled attitudes by parents and a schooling system which enforced a sense of believe that if you bitched and moaned about something instead of working for it, you would success to get your way.

4chan when is was in it's infancy were mainly kids who grew up in an era when society told them they were shit and were targets for harassment and ridicule, so we turned to places like the Internet, learning how to use it before it was overly idiot friendly, wherein intelligence, wit and knowledge was rewarded and promoted creative growth. These people are now in their late 20s and mid 30s for the most part and view the current status quo as insufferable manchildren who wouldn't have stuck around in the early 2000s because there wasn't enough instant gratification and attention whoring unless you legitimately had something to differentiate yourself.

>Sometimes it feels like I'm browsing tumblr.
Socially retarded people who were raised on the world revolving around them is exactly why there is such a problem with hugboxes on legacy boards, with a high level of forced conformity. By curtailing to this safe but intellectual and creative vacuum, it gives the manchild a sense that they are part of something strong, unique and immune from outsiders. They can deflect everything that is wrong onto the boogeyman of the other while keeping all the assume positive traits and applying it to themselves personally, regardless of the lack of personal involvment.
>>
>>390246
>they've forgotten how to just man up and deal with things
That has social roots.
These people aren't the people who were around when 4chan.org was 4chan.net.
It is a new hoard of people who found 4chan through mainstream media.
These are the same special snowflake generation as the teens and young adults making blogs about their headmates and fuck knows what else, on Tumblr.
It is largely a problem with America but at the same time Americans are the largest userbase demographic here, making the problem exponentially bad. It is the whole culture that once looked up to outlandish but strong and independant stars on the silver screen, which shifted into worshipping extremely selfish and self entitled rich people who made a complete dick of themselves on reality TV, promoting dependence and lack of self responsibility. The family structure broke down for a lot of families to make way for feminism and the power divorce courts provided women. Basically an entire generation of kids who were encouraged to grow into spoiled teenage girls.
>>
>>390464
Quoting this for truth. You're absolutely right.
>>
>>390473
That's because I've been here and seen it all happen.
It feels hollow, for the most part. Like watching the cubby house you and your friends built after school and was used for years as a carefree escape, was overrun by kids from another town who were dropped right to the base of the tree in their parents SUVs, which they trashed, burned down,erected a fence around the edges of the scorch marks, with huge flags and a signpost telling others to come. The worst part was that they told us we can't relax here any more and tried to claim to not only have been the people who built the tree house which was burned down but that they invented all tree houses and the only way to play in them was to do exactly what they did or else you didn't belong there.
>>
>>390475
I imagine the worst thing for you all is that any kernel of truth you let go of in discourse is met with idiots memeing at you with buzzwords and stupid Pepe pictures.
>>
File: 1406461657848.jpg (248 KB, 1000x663) Image search: [Google]
1406461657848.jpg
248 KB, 1000x663
>>390464
>Most of the people who use 4chan currently are part of the people who came here after 2007. The generation of people who were raised to believe that they are special snowflakes
Fucking this.
/v/ is now full of them.
>>
>>390184
Normalfags and stupid children take everything 100% seriously. Whatever you say to them, they're going to take it at face value and make a scene.
Normalfags and stupid children are the most vocal populace on 4chan as of 2015.
Put 2 and 2 together.
>>
>>390535
It's funny because boards like /a/ and /jp/ legitimately believe they have the majority on 4chan.

Normalfaggots do. Very, very stupid normalfaggots.
>>
>>390536
>It's funny because boards like /a/ and /jp/ legitimately believe they have the majority on 4chan
If anything, they believe the opposite.
>>
>>390543
That's not what I just saw in another /qa/ thread.
>>
>>390545
/qa/ isn't /a/.
>>
>>390555
/a/ clearly posts on /qa/.
>>
>>390535
>>390536
>muh normalfags
kek you /a/utists get so easily triggered too
>>
>>390607
Get the fuck off of 4chan then.
>>
>>390651
Way to prove his point.
>>
>>390476
/a/ is probably the worst for this.
It went from being the best board to being the worst hivemind.
>>
File: 1320475646534.jpg (39 KB, 266x478) Image search: [Google]
1320475646534.jpg
39 KB, 266x478
>>390184
4chan has become a place for people to conflate one's ego.

Don't think this is an insult to 4chan. Every place on the web has become this way. It's just different places on the web have different ways to ensure that their ego remains completely unscathed and they can think as highly of themselves as possible.

I don't know when the change happened. I'm going to say that it happened elsewhere long before it ever got to 4chan. But now, because the majority only posts on 4chan for self-validation, every little argument is a thing to be attacked on and a thing to get offended over.

What used to be a simple dumb exchange now lasts hundreds of posts because the idea and the post is no longer what is being defended. They just want to defend the concept that they're allowed to have an opinion. So shitposting is abound when someone gets angry or someone disagrees with an opinion.

in my opinion, this is what has made /v/ completely unreadable. Not shitposts, not off-topic posts, but posting solely for the reason that people are treating /v/ as an extension of their own ego instead of a place to talk about video games.

In b4 >projecting.
>>
>>390464
You have a point, but the preaching really dulls the argument.

I'm sure there are a lot of reasons that the new userbase are socially retarded.
>>
>>390682
>preaching
Nigger what?
>>
>>390684
> during a time wherein an Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis was lazily dished out to hundreds and thousands of young teenagers, mostly males, who were raised by single mothers and feminised families that devalued masculinity and prompted selfish entitled attitudes by parents and a schooling system which enforced a sense of believe that if you bitched and moaned about something instead of working for it, you would success to get your way.

I consider that 'preaching' because that's not specifically a new generation problem. That's been something people have conflated with the end of western civilization for decades.
>>
>>390673
What point was that?
That this site doesn't belong to /a/?
Fuck off with him.
>>
>>390687
>I consider that 'preaching' because that's not specifically a new generation problem.
This is a unique issue at this point in modern history due to the means of the treatment and diagnosis of Autism Spectrum disorders specifically, which have had a negative impact on the lives of thousands upon thousands of young males.
>hat's been something people have conflated with the end of western civilization for decades.
Less than 50 years ago ago western societies had dramatically different norms in respect to family values and education. The No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 and rapid rise of social media, mobile technology, Internet access and reality TV programs have had a dramatic impact on kids born and growing up during the 2000s which is dynamically different than the decades prior to it.

It isn't preaching; this is reality. The past decade and a half has been an entirely new point in western history in terms of the ability to access knowledge and social media. Less than two decades ago something like PewDiePie or whatever his name is on Youtube would quite literally have been impossible. I think you are vastly understanding the impact social media, Internet access and education policy has had on people born and raised who were accessing the Internet as kids and young teens during the post 2007 era. The entire game has been changed and the face of the Internet has been changed in a way it can never return to in less than a decade. The rapid change in the entire digital landscape is something which has taken societies centuries. We went from the equivalent of the steam engine to landing people on planets in space over the course of less than twenty years in respect to digital social media.
>>
>>390184
Go back to Reddit
>>
>>390693
Back in high school it was really cool to be able to send a text message to someone. Kids in high school now are filming themselves using their mobile phones, treating their classrooms and teachers like complete shit so they can upload that video footage on video sharing websites for an audience potentially in the millions. I swear this shit has done more harm to kids than anything we used to do as kids that kids aren't allowed to do now. It's fucking insane.
Little wonder people come here in droves thinking that acting like complete cunts is appropriate and flip their shit when someone tells them to stop acting like man spastic.
>>
>>390472
The family structure has broken down in the entire world but this is a problem mostly exclusive to America. Something else must be causing it.
>>
Not taking it easy should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>390184
Among 4chan's inhabitants are a very vocal minority that are hellbent on having 100% free speech (aka they want to post jew memes without the mods deleting them).
These people are delusional, conspiratorial, immature, and (hopefully as it would be even more sad otherwise) underage.
They are incapable of seeing the "wrong" opinions, which is anything left of their beliefs, and will tell you to leave or claim they're being invaded/shilled/slided. It's even more laughable when they tell anyone that disagrees with them to go back to their "safe space" as if they haven't made 4chan their own personal hugbox.
They can't be reasoned with, the only thing they're useful for is watching them sperg out over dumb shit like gamergate for entertainment.
>>
File: Beer-Blaster.jpg (85 KB, 580x290) Image search: [Google]
Beer-Blaster.jpg
85 KB, 580x290
>imageboards
>>
>>390680
You are almost certainly projecting because there is no reason to post that spiel of unfalsifiable truisms unless you predicate your ego on being "oh so insightful" and observant.
>>
>>390464
>all dat victim complex
Way to drive OP's point home.
>>
File: 1430661887068.png (101 KB, 1585x1527) Image search: [Google]
1430661887068.png
101 KB, 1585x1527
>>390689
>What point was that?
That you /a/utists get so easily triggered?
>>
>>390464
Literally hurr my generation sucks: the post
>>
>>390680
>4chan has become a place for people to conflate one's ego.
Well, it's pretty understandable how one might conflate ego with consciousness, qualia, and tulpae, because they're all unprovable bullshit. >>>/x/
>>
>>391025
That's not even what he said, retard.
>>
>>390464
internet tough guy: the post
>>
>>390464
>wherein intelligence, wit and knowledge was rewarded and promoted creative growth

growthhttp://archive.is/3CGjy
>>
File: 4chan history.png (75 KB, 1531x581) Image search: [Google]
4chan history.png
75 KB, 1531x581
>>391190
desustorage.org/q/thread/774269/
>>
>>390464
Hahaha this upvoted hahaha reddits gotta see this btfo post hahaha fuck aspies haha
>>
File: 1396919271696.jpg (52 KB, 526x300) Image search: [Google]
1396919271696.jpg
52 KB, 526x300
>>391118
>>391203
>>391011
What?
>>
>>391302
Just more newfag retards who think that [s4s], /r9k/ and /b/ are all there is to this site so their first response to anything they can't understand is to meme it up.
>>
>>390184
bump
>>
>>391118
>>391203
>>391011

>I'm just going to insult him! That'll show him!
>>
Americans are naturally intolerant of things.

Add that to the fact that the internet naturally brings the worst in people making them huge dicks

Then add the fact that anonymous communications brings even worse things in people by letting them be dicks without real social reprisal

And then add the fact that the moderation can't possibly handle flamewars due to the sheer size of the site so people think it's free for all

You end up with the worst kind of faggots you can have, who get impossibly mad at the mere presence of things they don't like.

Ironically, on that respect, Tumblr is not very different.

And the Internet was always filled with faggots, case in point - >>390464 - delusional semi-oldfag that believes 00s internet was not filled with utter retards.

This
>Socially retarded people who were raised on the world revolving around them is exactly why there is such a problem with hugboxes on legacy boards, with a high level of forced conformity. By curtailing to this safe but intellectual and creative vacuum, it gives the manchild a sense that they are part of something strong, unique and immune from outsiders. They can deflect everything that is wrong onto the boogeyman of the other while keeping all the assume positive traits and applying it to themselves personally, regardless of the lack of personal involvment.

is true tho'
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.