[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>look down on emoticons >unironically do shit like ERP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 139528764248.png (574 KB, 689x569) Image search: [Google]
139528764248.png
574 KB, 689x569
>look down on emoticons
>unironically do shit like ERP and stuttering

Explain this shit.
>>
The various types of mindless shitposting the whiny meme elitist /a/ reject types on /qa/ like is "board culture," so it should be worshiped and coddled by the community.
>>
>>390127
Stuttering like the speech issue or something else?
>>
File: 1449578746807.jpg (49 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1449578746807.jpg
49 KB, 500x375
Emoticons are made pointless by virtue of the fact that this is an image board, and a picture can convey much more than a few characters od text. On the other hand, stuttering cannot be substituted with an image.
>>
>>390127
It's an image board. Want an emoticon? Post it yourself. This new moot shouldn't have to give them to you.
>>
>>390134
>>390127
This isn't a chatroom, even leddit looks down on emoticon, kindly take your shit back to facebook or wherever the fuck you guys came from.
>>
>>390890
b-baka ^_^
>>
>>390127
Only cancerous trapfags and crossboarders do that shit.
>>
>>390859
>>390890
>>390991

The point is that ERP and stutterspeak are even worse, not that emoticons are okay, you fucking homos, stop pretending to miss the point.
>>
>>390890
You're right, so take your cancerous stutter shit and roleplaying back to Facebook with it.
>>
>>390127
b-be nice
>>
>>390127

There's exceptions. We use shit like lenny face, ;_;, and :^). We use reaction images, text art, etc..

Really I think the difference between that and the usual emoticons is that a lot of shit like xD, :), emoji, and :D are used in a passive-aggressive way that is offputting to your average anon who comes to this site to avoid that kind of shit.

It really depends on the context. Not to mention that we have reaction images. It's hard to justify emoticons when you can just post an image.

Usually. There's the faggots that get triggered by emoticons regardless but those are the same people that whine about anime.
>>
>>391085
I haven't seen the lenny face on 4chan in a long time but other than that I agree with you.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.