[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is phoneposting allowed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: wa.jpg (27 KB, 600x515) Image search: [Google]
wa.jpg
27 KB, 600x515
Why is phoneposting allowed?
>>
Ad revenue.

A slow community is an unprofitable community.
>>
So I can shitpost omw to work or on the toilet
>>
>>389041
Why is PC posting allowed?
>>
Art and hobby boards like /ic/, /toy/, /p/, /o/, /k/, /out/ and /n/ need phoneposting. You could disable it on the other boards though.
>>
>>389041
Do you mean ban people from posting detected using an Android, iOS, Blackberry, Windows Phone, Ubuntu, Debian, Windows 8.1, etc.? All of these systems run on mobile devices such as tablets and phones.

Please try to understand what you are actually asking for, you stupid fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 625x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 625x442
>it's an anon gets triggered by image.jpg thread
>>
>>389209
i rename images to image.jpg just to rile people up. It's an interesting kind of feel
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>389041
Why are you being a whiny little faggot?
>>
Cause the majority here post from phones now
>>
>>389444
Thats why the quality of posts is so bad. No good posts come from phones 99% of the time.
>>
>>389444
And that's why it needs to be banned
>>
>>389459
>>389468
So you want them to ban the majority of there traffic?
>>
>>389471
High posting speed has never been 4chans friend. If banning mobile posting will heavily slow the site down, then so be it. It was quite nice when it wasn't sonic and it will also remove a good portion of low quality posts and shitposting
>>
>>389471
Make it read only for phone. Maybe people will start lurking again before badly posting.
>>
>>389471
Most of you are newfags anyway, so that would be good.
>>
>>389478
>>389477
Well the fact that Hiro and Moot have posted from their phones before, I highly doubt he would ban people for it
>>
File: 1398533674009.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1398533674009.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>389483
>the fact that Hiro and Moot have posted from their phones before
>>
>>389477
>>389478
>>389481
>>389459
>>389468
Not everyone is a neckbeard who sits in front of a computer screen all day
>>
>>389483
Who the fuck cares if they post form their phones. They don't go shitposting and making a thousands posts a minute
>>
>>389488
>neckbeard
Opinion discarded

You shouldn't be using 4chan at work or in a public place in the first place
>>
>>389488
There are lots of other websites on the internet for them to post on.
>>
>>389489
>>389491
>>389497
>"WAHHHH I AM SAD THAT THIS PLACE ISN'T A SECRET CLUB!"
Jeez you guys are annoying
>>
File: sekrit club hurr.jpg (187 KB, 1012x471) Image search: [Google]
sekrit club hurr.jpg
187 KB, 1012x471
>>389500
>>
>>389488
Yeah, you're just a normalfag who stares at his phone all day.
>>
>>389500
Why are you here if not to experience in the culture of the secret club know as 4chan?
>>
>>389505
I never said I defended those retards. This site has garnered major publicity over the past 12 years and more recently has been getting more publicity ever since the whole Fappening incident. This place was destined to become more active and the fact that people can use it on there phones is hardly the problem. People will shitposting regardless of what they use. Plus, times are changing. All sites are going mobile. Where you like it, or not that is what is happening and there is nothing you can do to stop that.
>>
>>389523
>there is nothing you can do to stop that.
Is there a way to disable the mobile phone version of 4chan? That would stop that very fast.
>>
>>389523
People posting from their phones is the problem. It encourages low quality posting and people use it mainly as a portable shitposting machine with incredibly easy way to dodge bans. There's no reason for it there and pretty much every anon who doesn't mobile post doesn't like it there. It also makes the mod job 10x harder. Just because the rest of the internet is changing, it doesn't mean 4chan needs to change with it. In actual fact, if 4chan never changed with the natural flow of everything outside of it, it would still be pretty close to its prime

Banning mobile posting would decrease the posting speed for the site pretty heavily and thats a good thing
>>
>>389468
99% of the shitposters are American.
We should range-ban North America.
>>
>>389488
Hey retard: the "neckbeards" who have been using the Internet for longer than likely you have been alive are using their mobile Internet connected devices in ways you don't even know how to go about with desktop access. Good luck trying to block mobile users using SSH.

>>389529
>It encourages low quality posting and people use it mainly as a portable shitposting machine with incredibly easy way to dodge bans
It doesn't and ban evasion is just as fast and easy to do from a home connection as it is on a 3G/4G connection. Not to mention people post from their mobile devices at home using their home connections over wifi. What you don't understand is those of us who used 4chan back in 2003 and onwards are more likely to browse and post here while away from home on a mobile connection using a phone or a tablet than the newer users and post-2007 scum.

>That would stop that very fast.
Jesus fuck; you are clearly part of the lowest common denominator that started using the Internet some time during the 2010+ era.

No, you fucking idiot; it doesn't work like that.
>>
>>389595
>Good luck trying to block mobile users using SSH.
Those sort of people aren't even the types to spend most of their time posting low effort bait and shitpost. If they are, they normally would be the type to at least put effort and thought into it and there has never been any problems with those sort of people

Mobile posting does encourage low quality posting. Typing out long posts is fucking hell, so people opt into doing short fast low effort posts instead of well thought out ones. Reseting a modem is piss easy, but it still takes time to boot. A ip reset on a phone is literally seconds. If you are as oldfag as you are trying to make your post look like, you should know how fucking lazy your average shitposter is and how even lazier your modern on is. Most shitposters aren't very dedicated and just move elsewhere if you put a wall in-front of them. Putting a simple 5 minute wait in-front of modern ones is enough to stop them because of how short of a attention span they have. Banning mobile posting or at least make it fucking stupid hard, is something that would decrease the sites posting speed. Something that it needs to happen

>What you don't understand is those of us who used 4chan back in 2003 and onwards are more likely to browse and post here while away from home on a mobile connection using a phone or a tablet
I seriously doubt that, I'm going to need something to back that up. I'm from that era myself and I am yet to see any reason to post on 4chan when I'm out of the house. I'll browse it when I'm bored as fuck, but I'm not going to post. If I'm at home, I'll just use my pc
>>
phone posters should not be allowed to create threads period
>>
>>389134
>implying every owner of an android, iIOS, blackberry, ubuntu, debian and windows 10 shouldn't be banned to begin with
>>
I post from my phone (im doing so right now) but a few times my LTE ip has been banned and the person is always a recognizable tripfag or namefag with the reason being ban evasion, so people do abuse it.
>>
I post from my phone because I don't want to use my computer desu
>>
>>389505

>people who unironically think the owner of this shithole would ever deliberately cut down massive amounts of traffic calling others delusional

o i am laffin
>>
>>389595
>Good luck trying to block mobile users using SSH.
What app are you using for X forwarding on a phone? I want it.
>>
Imo if one were to mull this over even semi seriously, I'd say banning image posting from phones could improve things.

>they can't start threads
>they have to actually say something other than "mfw ____"
>>
>>>/v/321213834
>>
I post from my phone when I'm too tired to use my laptop after a day of work desu. It's great to post from under the sheets.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.