[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Filter posters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 1450637170915.jpg (52 KB, 511x509) Image search: [Google]
1450637170915.jpg
52 KB, 511x509
Why can't I do this?

You have internal IDs you use to manage bans / warnings / posts / threads so why not have an option to filter IDs?

Make no mistake I don't mean you would show IDs, I mean if someone posts some insipid bait or shitposts extremely hard I should be able to conveniently hide the rest of their posts forever.
>>
>>388981
Dynamic IPs may muddy it
>>
>>388981
Yeah, let's make 4chan into the biggest hugbox in the entire world.
>>
>>388981
>why can't 4chan be more like reddit
Gee I dunno
>>
>>389003
It already is, lad.
>>
>>389010
You can disagree with the majority as long as you have some arguments to back it up.
>>
>Needing a filter for a single poster in a single thread
>>
>>389015
>implying you can argue with spammers / trolls who exclusively post bait
>>
>>389003
>post something the reddit hivemind doesn't like
>they downvote it all the way to the bottom of the thread/board
>post something the 4chan hivemind doesn't like
>they shitpost/derail downvote it straight to page 10

>>389015
>b-but you can argue your point a-
No. You really can't. The hivemind here isn't interested in a serious discussion anyway, they're interested in shitposts and memes, and that's all you'll get back if you try to "back it up," especially if your backup is something that doesn't align with the hivemind politically, emotionally, or ideologically.
>>
>>389092
>>389099
People would just use this to block off anyone's opinions they don't like, not just shitposters. If you are too /pol/ for someone or too SJW for someone then you will be filtered and only posts that agree with their beliefs will be seen. That's literally a hugbox, sure it isn't great now but it's way better than an actual hugbox. Filters in general are stupid because you aren't fixing the problem you are only hiding it. The real 4chan is still full of shitposters.
>>
>>389108
>People would just use this to block off anyone's opinions they don't like
how does that affect me at all

stfu kid, if someone filters someone else i don't care and if i filter someone it's because they post inane garbage 20 times for every 1 constructive post they make
>>
>>389113
>it's because they post inane garbage 20 times for every 1 constructive post they make
How would you know if they are anonymous? You can't see a posters history for all you know they just shitposted that one time. If you want to be able to block people then maybe you should try websites like facebook and twitter.
>>
>>388981
>You have internal IDs you use to manage bans / warnings / posts / threads
Those are called IP addresses, friend.
>>
>>388981
The ability to filter a single anonymous poster would completely remove the ability to post without each post being assigned to an identity. All it would take is to select one post and put it in your filter, then go and see which posts were hidden. Filters can be turned on and off which would allow users to effectively identify each poster in a thread more or less the same way a temporarily assigned identification tag/label or username in a chatroom/IRC does.

Basically you are asking for the people running 4chan to remove anonymity from the user experience. Well done retard, this kills the 4chan.
>>
>>388981
Found the redditor
>>
We just plain need IDs, and the samefagging in this thread proves it.
>>
>>389152
Agreed, that would be a great idea. Tired of all the stupid samefags on this site.
>>
>>389152
>We just plain need ID
No we fucking don't.
>and the samefagging in this thread proves it.
Which samefagging?
>>389154
Stop being facetious.
>>
>>389152
>>389154
Fuck off samefag
>>
>>389156
>>389160
Fuck off samefag
>>
>>389152
>>389154
>>389156
>>389160
>>389161
Fuck off samefag
>>
File: Capture.jpg (95 KB, 704x726) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
95 KB, 704x726
>>389161
Acting like a retard in an attempt to prove your point that there are too many retards on this site is, as I pointed out, facetious, and on top of that incredibly fucking juvenile.
/qa/ isn't a place to flamebait and act like a retard. /b/ exists more or less entirely for teenagers to goof off so I suggest you use it.
>>
>>389168
Fuck off samefag
>>
>>389007
>>389143
Reddit does not actually have this as a feature.
>>
>>389108
I actually think OP's idea is stupid, I'm just chiming in to shit on that retard who thinks 4chan is some neutral paradise where all arguments and viewpoints are held equally and viewed with an open mind as long as they have enough of "muh precious chart collages" to back them up.
>>
>>389117
>How would you know if they are anonymous?
hmm maybe by the image hash or the OP text that he uses?
>>
Requesting permanent IDs on /v/. Too many shills all day long spamming their clickbaits and "generating interest"
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.