[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a voting system on boards? I'm sick of telling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: 704.gif (17 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
704.gif
17 KB, 300x225
Can we get a voting system on boards? I'm sick of telling people to go back to /pol/, I would rather just be able to click a downvote button rather than engage them in "discourse"

A voting system would push quality posts to the top and bury annoying memesters and naziboo cuck spammers. It would improve the quality of every board.

Discuss. /pol/fags fuck off.
>>
>>388605
We already have this, (you)s are upvotes
>>
This is a great idea. I'd love this place to further emulate the superior, intellectual website that is Reddit.

I'm also in support of global IDs, user accounts and shadowbans
>>
sage goes in all fields
>>
>>388617
Bump goes in just this field.
>>
>>388605
Just report their replies then.
>>
>>388626
But not every /pol/ tier reply is bannable. I would rather just be able to vote their stupidity away rather than have to get into why they're so stupid.
>>
File: 1399343864596.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1399343864596.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>388605
>>388628
>>
>>388632
hello, /pol/
>>
Wow, stormniggers sure are upset, huh? Like to take the energy to write up these "clever" threads because people don't like you
>>
How would 4chan feel about adding upvotes and downvotes but NOT having them affect the shape of the page? Just having the score number on the post and nothing else to indicate "People like this post" but not burying or hiding any posts that get the upvotes or downvotes at all.

I find that there's no way to AGREE with somebody on 4chan. "I agree with everything you've said" contributes nothing to the conversation. The only time anybody has anything to say on 4chan is when they disagree so they can call you a faggot and tell you to go back to reddit.

I think Canvas had the right idea with its 12 stickers, but the implementation was too cringey with its "Le Monocle Man" and "#1" and worst of all "NYANCAT STICKER THAT I SAVED UP FOR".
>>
>>388605
Kill yourself.
>>
>>388723

That's why people just emptyquote or go "this". Then again, why do you need to give each other a reach around every time you agree?

"I like chocolate."

"OH FUK I AGRE I GOTS 2 STIKR/UPVOTE DIS SHIT OMG WERE LIEK DA SAME PERSIN WOW".

Nobody fucking cares. And nobody cares if people disagree either because look at the state of the site. It's anonymous to avoid said circlejerking over what's accepted and what's not. That's kinda the only real advantage an imageboard has over a regular registration forum these days.
>>
>>388727
Emptyquotes and "This" are pretty rare.

Meanwhile: https://desustorage.org/qa/search/text/fuck%20off/ https://desustorage.org/qa/search/text/Kill%20yourself/

If you honestly think agreeing and disagreeing should be held to the same weight then you should want something to balance this. However, if you actually enjoy "the state of the site" as it stands and want to keep this circlejerk where everybody's wearing sandpaper gloves, just admit you prefer negativity.
>>
>>388738

>If you honestly think agreeing and disagreeing should be held to the same weight then you should want something to balance this.

How does allowing an upvote/downvote system with numbers really do anything, though? Sure, people will see how many people liked/disliked a comment. But so what? What does that do to balance anything?

>However, if you actually enjoy "the state of the site" as it stands and want to keep this circlejerk where everybody's wearing sandpaper gloves, just admit you prefer negativity.

I don't really give a shit. It all comes in waves anyway. Sometimes 4chan is really good and you can find lots of positive stuff and good conversations and content, and sometimes it's so fucking bad it gives you cancer. That's just the nature of the site. This too shall pass.
>>
>>388738
>Emptyquotes and "This" are pretty rare.
The fuck? Are you retarded?

I can't speak to every board, but for sure if you post a epic meme one-liner on a /g/ thread that agrees with the board hivemind the entire thread will be flooded with "this" and "/thread" upvotes by the time it finally hits page 10, especially if it's a low hanging fruit thread like an OS war or some shit.
>>
File: Computer_Lain_3.png (545 KB, 628x468) Image search: [Google]
Computer_Lain_3.png
545 KB, 628x468
>>388628
Well then it's your fault by getting triggered by stormweenies
>>
>>388614
I hope to dear god that you're being sarcastic
>>
File: 1439425929876.png (455 KB, 680x681) Image search: [Google]
1439425929876.png
455 KB, 680x681
>>
File: 1407650989004.jpg (62 KB, 619x543) Image search: [Google]
1407650989004.jpg
62 KB, 619x543
>come to 4chan
>get triggered by free speech
>>
>>388758
Ah! I didn't know /g/ was like that. I've never been since I don't often have any tech support questions.
>>
>>388724
>>388829
>>388780
>>>/pol/
>>
>>388605
Report then for offtopic
>>
>>388605
no, the site is full of normies if we do that the normies will upvote stupid jokes or only positive opinions transforming this shithole in plebbit
also I hate stormfaggots too, report and hide their shit
>>
>>388605
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. Fuck off, you'll make people actually seriously spout this shit
>>
>>388605
I think >>388723 has a better idea.

>>388628
Just ignore the post then? It doesn't affect anything and they're usually told to go back to /pol/ anyway.

>>388779
What about that post makes you think he might not be?

>>388927
It's a bad idea because circle jerking will get worse after anon figure out what the most popular opinions are and threads will be cluster fucks.

>>389000
You're using that meme wrong.
>>
>>389280
>You're using that meme wrong.
>meme
Fuck off
>>
>>389282
>>389282
Someone doesn't know the definition. Anyway, OP's not actually shitposting, ironically or not. I'm not saying it isn't a bad idea, but it doesn't fit the definition.
>>
>>389282
I appreciate your telling people to fuck off when they use the word meme. May I recommend that you tell them to fuck off and call them "phrases" or "sayings" or "idioms"? Much better words than memes.

>Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.
>You're using that meme wrong.
>>meme ¶ it's called a saying.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (100 KB, 400x382) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
100 KB, 400x382
>>389286
>I appreciate your telling people to fuck off when they use the word meme.
>call them "phrases" or "sayings" or "idioms"? Much better words than memes.
Why does the word meme annoy? Using a different word doesn't change what it is.
>>
>>389295
"Meme" annoys me because it's basically the thoughtform version of the word "thing" and it means too many things.

Nationalism is a meme.
This sentence is a meme.
Millhouse is not a meme is a meme.
Tulpas are memes.
Floortiles are memes.

We've got so many more specific words for these concepts. "Image Macros", "Pop Culture References", or "Deviantart Charts" or whatever. Calling everything a meme sounds like you don't have a functioning vocabulary.
>>
>>389297
>"Meme" annoys me because it's basically the thoughtform version of the word "thing" and it means too many things.
It isn't and doesn't. Google's definition: "an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations." If it's used for anything, it's being used incorrectly.

>Calling everything a meme sounds like you don't have a functioning vocabulary.
Yeah, but I'm referring to a meme as a meme. I'm not one of those people who just call anything they don't like a meme.
>>
>>389299
"If it's used for anything else, it's being used incorrectly."*
>>
>>388723
>he actually uses reddit
>he actually used canvas for more than one day
>>
>>389299
>Google's definition
That's the second one faggot, the first one is
>an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.

Then for fagkis
>A meme (/ˈmiːm/ meem) is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture".
>>
>>389305
When people say "meme x", they mean the second definition. No one I've seen on 4chan uses the first definition.
>>
File: Selection_059.png (28 KB, 783x433) Image search: [Google]
Selection_059.png
28 KB, 783x433
>>389299
•I'm putting a bullet at the start of my post because it looks like you're incapable of reading things that don't have a bullet preceding them. Try to read every word in the box. There's a definition and then the bullet point provides an example.
>>
>>389306
4chan should stop using the word meme in this way. It's just as old and tired as the word "EPIC" and reddit says "meme" too.
>>
>>389306
Nigger, that shit is a meme in its original sense. When that anon said it meant 'thing', he meant it. Try calling everything a thing and see how far you get. The word meme has been stupid since day one
>>
>>389310
>Nigger, that shit is a meme in its original sense.
"Meme x"? Yeah, and it's a really shit meme.

>When that anon said it meant 'thing', he meant it. Try calling everything a thing and see how far you get.
That's not what I'm talking about.

>The word meme has been stupid since day one.
That's an opinion.
>>
File: agm-0001-autists.gif (200 KB, 540x400) Image search: [Google]
agm-0001-autists.gif
200 KB, 540x400
>>389313
>>
>>389319
Why shouldn't greentext be used to talk about the post in parts?
>>
>>389326
His entire post was one single coherent point. Taking it apart into pieces makes you look like an autist that can't synthesize the point.
>>
>>389332
Whatever, man.
>>
>>389332
>>389332
It's called fisking and it's been around a lot longer than 4chan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Fisk#Fisking

It's especially autistic since none of the people who do it on 4chan have the debate/rhetoric/writing skills to do it properly and most of the time they end up doing something like this:

>Point I disagree with
Nope, you're wrong.
>>
>>390998
I did not know the name! Thank you. I will remember that in the future!
>>
>>390998

Thanks, anon. It's nice to have a name for that autism.
Almost everyone that does it always does so poorly. It existed on forums before 4chan.

Fucking quote pyramids. That shit was a pain to read. Never worth it either.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 300x350
>>390998
>WAAHHH I'M GETTING DESTROYED, BETTER SAY HE HAS AUTISM HAHA
>>
>>388605
Nice try faggot. But if they refuse to accept my infinitely superior idea then they sure as hell won't take yours.

My idea is to give the OP banning options. That way you don't have tolerate all the shitposters in the thread. Plus it eases the mods' job.
>>
>>391015
He wasn't even replying to me.
>>
>>391019
>My idea is to give the OP banning options.
Are you mentally fucking retarded? Holy shit, there is so many fucking things I could pick at it with what's wrong with this idea. But, I'll go with, that goes against how the site works, you fucking moron
>>
>>391097
Every addition to the site goes against how the site works.

And they're talking about banning from their own thread, not from 4chan at large.

Why are you in FAVOR of being a little bitch and throwing tantrums in threads you don't like?
>>
>>391130
>Why are you in FAVOR of being a little bitch and throwing tantrums in threads you don't like?

>He said something mean to me in MY thread!
>I'll ban him from posting that'll show him!

That anon is right you're retarded if you think giving OP any kind of power over their thread is a good idea.
>>
Oh boy it's another "/pol/ pretends to be clever by false flagging" thread! My favorite!
>>
>>391141
>thinks calling OP a faggot contributes anything worthwhile
>Thinks his time isn't better spent in threads he likes.

Negativity is negative you know.
>>
>>391130
OP is a conversation stater, not a topic setter. He is a nobody mook and once he makes a thread his existence means no more. This will only encourage people to rush to make threads for things first so they can be in power and encourage circlekering and generals. Use your fucking head before you speak you fucking moronic /qa/tard. Go to fucking reddit if you want that sort of stupidity

>>391143
No its
>THAT ANON HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION TO MINE HOW FUCKING DARE HE
>ban him
>>
nothing.
>>
>>388605
>What is sage
>What is bump order
>What is (You)s
>>
>if he doesn't like /pol/ he is from reddit!
>Riddit! Riddit! Riddit!

someone post that "/pol/fags are the new furfags" image
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.