[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the self serving advertising so shit? >468x80 ads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: ads.png (115 KB, 484x796) Image search: [Google]
ads.png
115 KB, 484x796
Why is the self serving advertising so shit?

>468x80 ads cost the exact same as 728x90 banners
>you can't advertise on some boards (pic)
>bitcoin not an available payment
>if you buy a top 728x90 banner it still shows on the bottom which probably counts as two ads shown and expires quicker
>>
>advertising on malwere infested site

wew lad
>>
/rs/ is still on the board advertise list despite it no longer existing
>>
>can't target mobile users specifically
>since bitcoin isn't integrated within rubicon, send Bitcoin address through email and send promo code that pays for the price you paid in bitcoin. Since the promo code expires when refreshing the page, make sure the user cannot exit the page when refreshing.
>update/fix board list

Pls devs
>>
>>388380
>>can't target mobile users specifically
Mobile users need to be banned, not catered to
>>
>>388382
Give me one reason why mobile posters deserved to be banned
>>
>>388388
The majority ban evaders and heavy shitposters are mobile posters.
>>
>>388394
Prove it

>inb4 no reply
>>
>>388382
What if I'm tethering the internet from my mobile phone?
>>
>>388398
If mods/devs wanted to ban mobile users or serve specific ads to mobile users, it would be based entirely on your browser user agent. They can't tell your browser based on your IP.

But if mods really wanted to get thorough with the bans then they can IP ban any IP when a mobile user connects to 4chan with a mobile user agent.
>>
>>388395
Its 100x faster and easier to reset your mobile ip then it is to reset a modem. There isn't any stats for this, its just common knowledge that its easier and that most shitposters will always end up using phones to do it because of how easy it is
>>
>>388401
I don't think you realize how ridiculously easy it is to spoof User agents - even on a phone.
>>
>>388402
>unplug and plug modem

Oh wow what a feat
>>
>>388403
How else would tell if you're on a mobile?

I could see working for advertising since no one will bother
>>
>>388404
A modern still takes time to boot up. A mobile is literally sliding your finger on the screen hitting a button twice and you already have a new ip
>>
>>388406
>modern
How did I fucking make that mistake, fuck. modem*
>>
lol
>>
>>388403
A dedicated shitposter will always find a way. Most low-quality mobile posters--hell; most desktop posters don't know how to spoof user agents.
>>
>>388295
>468x80 ads cost the exact same as 728x90 banners
Don't you get more views for the smaller ad?
>>
>>388295
>>388369
>>388491
Are mods lurking here? Shit just got fixed. Pls implement the other stuff
>>
>>388553
Why would you think this
>>
>>388935
Because it says so
>468x60
>$20.00 for 100,000 ad views
>728x90
$20.00 for 80,000 ad views
>>
>>388943
Well shit I didn't see this. It should say that it's at a discount in the description.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.