[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can perpetuating "(You)" culture (the idea that replies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 2015-12-20_20-08-56.png (399 B, 34x21) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-20_20-08-56.png
399 B, 34x21
Can perpetuating "(You)" culture (the idea that replies have any value) be a bannable offense?
>>
>>387814

Surely I'm not the only one that screencaps all my posts that get a lot of replies, right?

My record is 165 btw.
>>
>>387814
I love how people who use this reveal how desperate they are for attention and recognition.
>>
>>387814
Have an (OP) lad
>>387816
>>387832
have some (You)s lads
>>
(you)s are essentially the equivalent of reddit upvotes
>>
>>387841
Not true, you can get lot of negative ones
>>
>>387844
People tend to read the posts with the most (You)s more often
>>
Can perpetuating "(Autism)" culture (the idea that people on 4chan are being serious) be a bannable offense?
>>
All the attention your father never gave you.
>>
Are (You)s part of the stock 4chan experience now? Been using 4chan X so long I don't know what's what anymore.
>>
>>387844
>>387845 this is what i meant
>>
>>387814
This idea existed long before 4chan made "(You)" a thing. It's basically one of the original tenets of trolling. "If you got them to waste time responding to you, you have already won." The only way to defeat a troll is to not respond to them AT ALL. Which is nearly impossible, so you see why they're so successful.

I don't see why you're acting as if (You) is a special thing. If it weren't on 4chan people would behave the same way, just with different words. This was the case before (You)s existed.
>>
>>387895
replies are visible under the post even with the native options, posts with high reply counts are generally worth taking a look at in a 500 post thread.
>>
>>387901
Yeah, and even if that were gone you'd still be able to see which posts get a ton of replies.
>>
File: dsf.png (69 KB, 1898x582) Image search: [Google]
dsf.png
69 KB, 1898x582
(You)s are worth something, the Pepe in the corner of my screen gets happier the more (Yous) I get.

When I see Pepe sad it encourages me to try and get more (You)s.
>>
>>387909
no... please don't reply to me dumb animal

>>387911
please link this extension
>>
>>387911
This can't be real
>>
>>387816
I screenshot all of mine and repost it often.
got a bretty good (You) screenshot today
>>
That habit existed long before the inline extension was even around. They'd just go "here's your reply" to shitty trolls instead of (you). But I don't use extensions and just use vanilla 4chan. So, I don't really get involved in that kinda shit. Ignore it and it'll pass like every other fad.
>>
>>387814

No because replies DO have value.
Even before the (you) thing people capped posts that got a lot of replies.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.