[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question: 1. Why have these rules if they're rarely enforced?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: rulez.png (29 KB, 561x303) Image search: [Google]
rulez.png
29 KB, 561x303
Question:

1. Why have these rules if they're rarely enforced?
2. Why have these rules that make basically any and every post a bannable offense?

I'm starting to think there's a disconnect between what mods think 4chan is supposed to be and what many users think it's supposed to be. I just wish there was more communication on what is and isn't allowed.
>>
>>387671

>you will not post the following outside of /b/:
>image macros

Uh, so technically anyone posting a picture outside of /b/ can be banned?
>>
File: 22940102.jpg (65 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
22940102.jpg
65 KB, 407x405
>>387671
Mods rely mostly on users to report posts, most users choose to reply to low quality posts rather than report them and this results in those sort of post not often getting deleted.

>>387674
This is an image macro.
>>
>>387692
And you just posted it outside of /b/. Oh shit.
>>
What's the meaning of trolls and flames?

Do not post trolls? Does that mean no trolling or no pictures of actual fairy tale trolls?
No flames? I don't get it.
>>
>>387716
You cannot post the bartender from Undertale.
>>
>>387725
You shouldn't be posting Undertale in the first place.
>>
>>387755

why wouldn't we post about the fan voted greatest game of all time?
>>
>>387671
Moot only enforced those rules directly on the three boards or so he was fond of.

The mods quickly learned he didn't give a shit about what happened on the rest of 4chan.
>>
>>387761

What 3 boards did moot care about?
>>
>>387766

/a/ /sp/ and /h/
>>
Off topic shitposting in decent threads is the only thing on all of 4chan that bugs me. Off topic threads full of off topic shitposting don't bother me, though.
>>
>>387773

I don't even blame the shitposters anymore. I blame all the retards who cannot not respond. I'll hide the post of the one retard randomly dropping "muh wife's son" but then 20 replies show up.
>>
>>387671
The first part of rule 3 is bullshit and I've been banned by many a butthurt mod for it. Just fucking read what it says one more time.

>trolls
Posting anything the mods don't like even though it's entirely on topic can be called a "troll" and you will be banned.
>flames
Telling someone they are retarded/ to fuck off is bannable.
>racism
Racism is bannable (hilarious, the 4chan userbase is completely racist).
>catchphrases
Memes are bannable.

Second half is fine, first half should be scrapped because it's a free pass for mods to delete anything they don't like. Sounds like reddit, don't it?
>>
>>387788
You're an idiot.
>>
>>387794
Mod or janitor? I blew some of your staff out so hard he had to delete the thread on /wsr/ today. Back to answering your reddit modmail you insipid faggot.
>>
>>387671
The answer to both your questions is so that mods can ban you for almost any pretext if they think you're being a shitbag.
>>
>>387797
>I blew some of your staff

That doesn't surprise me.
>>
>>387788
"Off topic posts and low quality posts are not allowed"

There, I just fixed rule 3.

>"fuck off nigger"
This comment might lead to a ban, not because of racism, but because it's an off topic/low quality post.
(saying "nigger" should be allowed as a part of on topic comments)
>>
>>387801
>Off topic posts

So what, on /sp/ during halftime we're supposed to sit in silence?

>low quality posts are not allowed

Define low quality in an objective way that you can easily communicate to and train new janitors with.
>>
>>387803
I started spending more time on /sp/ since /tv/ became useless, and I have to say the "bantz" there is more in the spirit of old-school 4chan than most of the sorry shit on the rest of the hobby boards.

There a new meme every week instead of hammering the same one into the ground for months on end.
>>
>>387803
It's up to the janitors to decide that.

You can't objectively say that "fuck off nigger " is a low quality comment, but most would say that it is. Probably.
>>
>>387671
They're a wildcard for mods to delete anything they want.
>>
>>387803
Something along the lines of stuff like "REEEEEEEEEEE", or "XDDDD FUCCKINGN EPIICCCCC MAN HAHAHA X-----DD" etc.
You get it?
>>
>>387855
But that's already covered by rule 3.
>>
>>387855
your "examples" betray your misunderstanding of rule 3

filtered
>>
>>387671
Good question. I'll ask my wife's son who's a janitor here and get back to you.
>>
>>387884
>wife's son
(you)
>>
>>387692
I believe they are called "memes" now.
>>
>>387671
The rules are intentionally vague for a reason, moron. 4chan is a dictatorship not a democracy, so the mods can ban you for whatever they want
>>
If you want a democracy, go back to reddit. 4chan is a Chucktatership.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.