[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can't create threads without including a comment For
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1448508182108.png (438 KB, 743x447) Image search: [Google]
1448508182108.png
438 KB, 743x447
>can't create threads without including a comment

For what purpose?
>>
Discussion.
>>
If you don't have anything to say, why make a thread?
>>
Same reason why moot removed the email field, page 0, visible sage, subject replies, and buttons.

There is no reason. Or maybe he's just stupid. Probably the latter.
>>
>>386257
Because this is an imageboard and images alone never had an issue initiating discussion.
>>
To stop annoying faggots spamming combo threads.
>>
>>386263
Low effort threads only bring shit quality discussions to the board.
>>
I miss the days when a textless OP would appear out of the blue, as if it had fallen out of the sky, or 4chan had stumbled across it by chance. Where did it come from? Did someone place it there, and if so, why? Where might it go? Mysteries like these wove magic into the enchanted tapestry of 4chan.

Alas, it could not last, as posting became rationalize, science advanced, and the magic went out of the world.
>>
>>386269
Images with no text aren't really synonymous with low effort threads.
>>
>>386261
this
>>
>>386261
The weirdest thing about all of that is that I don't even recall a single person asking for those changes and they're all fucking terrible.
>>
>>386280
I guess that depends on the board. What kind of discussion can you have when there's no topic in the OP unless the image is some kind of meme or off-topic thread?
Maybe you can try using a blank post or one character.
>>
>>386244
To make it slightly more troublesome for frogposters and other shitspammers to spam a million threads, idiot.
>>
>>386298
>What kind of discussion can you have when there's no topic in the OP unless the image is some kind of meme or off-topic thread?
Depends what the image is. On boards like /co/ or /a/ people would post textless threads with an image of something funny/shocking/stupid that happened in the previous episodes of a series and that would be enough to get the thread rolling. It's probably nice to TRY and add some sort of comment, but it'd also be nice to have to the option to just post an image.
>>
>>386309
I don't know /co/ but /a/ hates when someone make little effort in the OP. On /lit/ or /g/ the thread will die without replies.
>>
File: ..jpg (34 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
34 KB, 450x300
>>386261
Can we convince hiro to add all them back?
>>
>>386261
...There was good reason for a lot of those. Not all of them, but most.

You're probably new.
>>
File: 1419458941956.png (201 KB, 250x356) Image search: [Google]
1419458941956.png
201 KB, 250x356
>>386335
>...
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.