[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sw/ - Star Wars board? please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11
File: 2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg[1].png (109 KB, 2000x1207) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg[1].png
109 KB, 2000x1207
I mean.. just look at /tv/ right now

http://strawpoll.me/6305407
>>
>>386199
>waaah make a straw wars board!
That shite belongs on /tv/
No one is going to make a board for a movie.
Fuck off now.
>>
>>386206
>inb4 his defense is "b-but /mlp/!!!"
>>
>>386206
There's a pokemon board, bro...
>>
>>386199
This your first time browsing /tv/ after a big movie was released, you stupid newfag? Wittle babby want his bottle?
>>
>>386757
Hello reddit.
>>
>>386751
Which was a terrible idea since pokemon hype only lasts a week every other year and could easily be contained on /vg/.
>>
the real solution would be to just completely ban both star wars and capeshit but that shill money too good for hiro
>>
It just came out, and it's the biggest movie of the decade. Of course it's gonna take over the board.

However, I was against all of the pre-release threads. For months and months, they were plastered all over /tv/.

Considering they're releasing a lot of these movies, and spin-offs, there could be cause for concern.

I would say that pre-release threads need to be contained into 1 or 2 threads.
>>
>>386763
not at all, huge fandoms that are invading others boards deserve their own board because they are to many for 1 thread, that's why there are so many sw threads on /tv/ right now
>>
>>386199
You're fucking retarded.
A huge movie just came out, give it two weeks newfriend.
Are you going to be crying for an /nfl/ board during the Super Bowl too?
>>
>>386937
>invading
Or maybe popular things are just popular.
>>
>>386199
Maybe you just need thicker skin to weather the storm.
>>
>>386199
>make a new board for a hype train
Fuck off dumb /q/posting faggot.

sage
>>
>>387069
>hype train
>has been going on for several months and will continue until the next movie which then is going to keep going on until the next episode
Found the shit posting star wars ape.
>>
>>387111
What about the millions of lifetime fans too? A sw board is not a bad idea at all
>>
>>387047
>maybe you just need to spread your asscheeks wider for the big disney cock
>>
>>387041
Or maybe marketing agencies are working with the mods to turn /tv/ into one big advert for their shitty movie.
>>
>>386763
If /vp/ didn't exist 25% or more of /v/ would be pokemon threads for months on end surrounding the release of a new game for it. on the other hand, /tv/ gets inconsistently spammed with series all the time, that is just the nature of how TV episodes and films are released. TFA is nothing new.
>>
give me one reason why there shouldn't be at least a sticky for Star Wars related discussion on /tv/

pro-tip: you can't
>>
>>387533
Because stickies get clustered and overpopulated
>>
>>387537
>what are post caps
>>
aren't there like 4 other movies in the works?
i actually think this board should happen
>>
>>386206
>tumblr
nort surprising you are a fuckign retard
>>
>>386206
>>386225
>>386757
>>386989
>>387069
>>387047
kek it's easy for you to say that when you obviosuyl don't use the fucking board
>>
>>386199
hi :^~>

>>387240
>>387240
>>387240
>>
>>386206
Can you retards suggest a better solution?

Because the mods sure as fuck won't try to contain them in as few threads as possible
>>
>>386199
go back to reddit
>>
>>387580
OH the irony
>>
>>387556
but... I do.
And unlike you I didn't just start using it last week.
A major movie came out. Give it time dumbass, it's not like /tv/ is permanently Star Wars. If you had been using the board for more than a week or two you would know that.
>>
>>387533
Overcrowding. There would be a dozen posts a second. Multiple stickies on the other hand...

Sticky 1: TFA discussion with spoilers (for those who have seen the movie)
Sticky 2: TFA discussion without spoilers (for those who haven't seen it)
Sticky 3: General Star Wars discussion
>>
They aren't going to make one
They have another fast accessible board that gives huge ad impressions now
>>
File: CFWi-dXWgAAicYa.png (25 KB, 112x112) Image search: [Google]
CFWi-dXWgAAicYa.png
25 KB, 112x112
>>387555
>nort surprising you are a fuckign retard
Lol. Have another cat, courtesy of me.
>>
>>387624
sure thing buddy
>>
File: Untitled.png (31 KB, 969x413) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31 KB, 969x413
>>387651
no really
>>
>>387564
Chill out nigger. The biggest movie since 2005 just released of course /tv/ is gonna be filled with star wars shit. It's not like it'll be star wars forever. It's like when a big video game releases and /v/ goes crazy for a few weeks.
>>
The board is almost completely submerged in Star Wars threads and the janitors do nothing to control the situation. But what about an anime thread? Gone within minutes (normally they're left alone). Threads criticizing moderation? Oy vey shut down nearly instantaneously. A thread about some entertainment being for manchildren? Deleted.

On 4chan janitors either do nothing or they do stupid things, and rarely anything else.
>>
star wars is a movie, so it's /tv/ related. stop crying because people dont reply to ur garbage celeb cuny threads.
>>
>>386901
>It just came out, and it's the biggest movie of the decade
That's not avatar ;0
>>
>all of these /v/tards telling /tv/ what's best for them

Fix your own board first.
>>
>>387917
>he has a home board
>>
>>386763
It wouldn't countain it, besides generals are cancer since all kinds of retards will try to post all at once and any discussion will have to share space with it.
>>
>>387643
>being happy about being called a retard

Good to you.
>>
>>387917
/tv/ is worse and I'm completely correct
>>
>>386199
We didn't make an /mgs/ when MGSV was released. Just wait it out and it will eventually die down goddamn.
>>
>>388030
I was browsing /v/ when it was released. It was nowhere near this bad.
There are literally 70+ threads about stars wars right now
>>
>>386199
Every 4 years, most threads on /sp/ are made in relation to the world cup, does that mean we should make a world cup board? No, that would be fucking dumb. Same goes with Star Wars, there's an influx of posting about it because of the new film. It will die down eventually, get over it.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaa.png (10 KB, 385x212) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaa.png
10 KB, 385x212
>>388030
>eventually die down

kek'd
>>
>>388873
You have no idea what /tv/ has to contend with though. It's not like /k/, /pol/, /fit/ and /out/ shitposters migrate to /sp/ every time there IS the World Cup, or Superbowl though.

This happens every fucking time theres a capeshit film. Every fucking time.
>>
Whats with the stupid fucking sticky only being enforced for star wars?
>>
File: HAHAHA.jpg (46 KB, 686x215) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHA.jpg
46 KB, 686x215
kek janitors are cuck

vote yes
>>
>Hurr durr Star Wars is just another fad it will die down
This has been going on for many months, they have a cinematic universe confirmed and the threads don't show any signs of slowing down days after the premiere.

This isn't just your average everyday hype train, this is an advanced hype train. It's MLP-tier, but since Star Wars is more culturally and sociable acceptable nobody does anything about it.
>>
I oppose a dedicated Star Wars board, however I do propose dividing /tv/ into at least two separate boards.

One for discussion pertaining to the exegesis of the true cinematic arts. And before you say anything, yes, this board will naturally be slower than /tv/, but this is a good thing as it is conducive to lucid conversation.

Another board, or multiple, will be dedicated to television, celebrities, the infantile entertainment industry and its aenemic excrescences, e.g. Star Wars, superheroes et al.
>>
Can anyone offer an explanation why there shouldn't be a Star Wars board?

What would it hurt? How is a single fast, broad board better than multiple slower, narrower boards?
>>
File: 0866-86-6.jpg (70 KB, 602x603) Image search: [Google]
0866-86-6.jpg
70 KB, 602x603
>>387583
What kind of fucking retard are you? Star Wars isn't "just a movie lol", it's a huge franchise and there will be another damn movie every year. They are going full call of duty. Have fun browsing /tv/ when it's clustered with threads about it all day every day. I bet you'll even enjoy it like the reddit pleb you are. I hope that you got ran over by a bus.
>>
File: 1286883863361.jpg (22 KB, 249x325) Image search: [Google]
1286883863361.jpg
22 KB, 249x325
>>387990
Video games are the most pathetic way to waste your time, the lowest form of entertainment. Enjoy getting laughed at for being the retarded manchild you are.
>>
File: images (18).jpg (17 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
images (18).jpg
17 KB, 300x450
>>388970
Where will James Cameron go?
>>
Unlike /mlp/, which I STILL maintain is completely fucking useless, a Star Wars board is actually not a bad idea. Disney's plan is to release a movie every two years, so there's going to be a constant stream of new movies. In addition, Star Wars is a full-fledged multimedia property. It has movies, toys, vidya, comics and cartoons, books, costumes, and more. That's at least SIX different, separate boards that could legitimately have a Star Wars discussion. Why not make a board where it can all come together?
>>
It's not about if the movie is good or no
It's about it swallowing the other content
It's been unbearable since the trailer launch
Normies are all over this shit and every other board comes to /tv/ for memes and laughs, it's only gonna get worse given they'll release a movie and a TV series every 6 months
>>
>>389198
>every two years
Its actually every year like marvel. The next movie is out in 5 months
>>
>>388849
In that case it's just shit moderation and partially also viral marketing. It will completely die out after it leaves box office in the US save for one or two threads with neckbeards complaining.
>>
>>389089
>I'm so much better than you neckbeards
>proceeds to shitposts on anonymous chinese cartoon board about this space opera geekshit

Movie buffs are the single most pathetic entity in the world for their entertainment is just passive consumption of corporate feces. /tv/ is the living example of it. /v/ isn't much better but atleast they don't pretend to have moral high ground, or any morality in general.
>>
bump senpai desu
>>
>>389089
No offense but /tv/ as a board is worse then /v/. Considering the state of /v/ that's saying something.
>>
>>389265
This started 1-2 months in advance to the release
It's going to last a few months until they start talking about the NEXT FUCKING MOVIE NEXT YEAR
That's right they're doing 1 movie per year.

The mods don't fucking care
>>
>>389712
this
>>
I love Star Wars and I would like a Star Wars board.

I want ONE place to talk about everything SW with fellow anons, I don't want to spread out over 10 different boards.
>>
>>386199

It's treason, then...
>>
File: 745634.png (107 KB, 850x600) Image search: [Google]
745634.png
107 KB, 850x600
>>386199
it's just a phase, how new are you anyway?
>>
Why are waifu threads allowed if they're for that pleb garbage star wars?
>>
File: 1446778523560.jpg (124 KB, 250x400) Image search: [Google]
1446778523560.jpg
124 KB, 250x400
>>390860
>BANE!?
>meme still going strong after three years

I expected it to die a couple months after the movie dropped.
>>
>>391045
It's actually four years now senpai
>>
>>391021
>why are images of actresses allowed on an imageboard for television and film

Imagine looking at the current state of /tv/ and thinking the problem is images of actresses. What does a person with this sort of thought process look like?
>>
>>388873
There's a Star Wars film coming out every fucking year now. Sometimes within months of each other. Plus they're planning on more tv series, novels, and games.

The pre-release hype was insane, but the post-release hype has been never ending. And pre-release hype for the 2016 film has already started. The cycle will never end until Disney stops making money off the franchise.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/11/wired-star-wars.html
>>
>And if the people at the Walt Disney Company, which bought Lucasfilm for $4 billion in 2012, have anything to say about it, the past four decades of Star Wars were merely prologue. They are making more. A lot more. The company intends to put out a new Star Wars movie every year for as long as people will buy tickets. Let me put it another way: If everything works out for Disney, and if you are (like me) old enough to have been conscious for the first Star Wars film, you will probably not live to see the last one. It’s the forever franchise.

JUST
>>
>>391049
Sorry it was supposed to say "aren't" not 'are'
>>
Its been a week now
By now GoT/breaking bads would have died down and same with the flavor of the month capeshit

star wars is getting worse and worse
>>
If people say it's not a problem they've never been on /tv/ now or before.
Seriously it's frustrating even if you like SW.
There are maximum 3 non SW threads on the front page one of which is the /who/ general.
No it has never been like this, even with breaking bad the front page would clear in one or two days.
/tv/ has been a pain to visit for months.
>>
;^>
>>387240
>>387240
>>387240
>>387240
>>
>>386199
And how many of those threads have over 50 replies you fucking nigger
>>
LET'S GO HIRO
>>
>>386199
JUST SPLIT THE BOARD ALREADY GODDAMMIT.
>>
bump
its not getting better
>>
>>392548
not you for false flagging mr swedlord :(
>>
>>387906
avatar came out last decade retard
>>
>>386199
the force awakens is so garbage
>>
>>386199
Don't forget the fact that there is over 20 years of Star Wars Legends material that they can talk about too.
>>
>>>/tv/64201810
Why are /v/ threads /tv/ related?
>>
/mf/ - (Western) Media Franchises, for franchises that are so large that they don't fit comfortably in the boards they spawned from.

Good idea? Bad?
>>
is this happening or what haha
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.