[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we please have a dedicated board for spirituality, the occult,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (394 KB, 780x2128) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
394 KB, 780x2128
Can we please have a dedicated board for spirituality, the occult, psychics, divination, magic and all the other bullshit that's been shitting up /x/? It was never the best board but now it's just fucking embarrassing.
>>
Add in conspiracies as well.
>>
>>386109
>Can we please have a dedicated board for spirituality, the occult, psychics, divination, magic and all the other bullshit
Yes, it's called
>that's been shitting up /x/?
Oh, never mind.
>>
>>386115
If we must, sure. I feel like they fit the feel of /x/ better, but they're not the greatest.

The way I see it, /x/ is for spooky shit. If it's not featured in an X Files episode, it it probably doesn't belong. Creepy pasta, cryptids, UFOs, murders, disappearances, kidnappings are all /x/. Most people that discuss these things are curious, hopeful skeptics. Full-blown schizophrenic bullshit needs to go.
>>
>>386117
I know, I know. I feel like it might take some non-historical religious posting off boards like /his/, too.

Most of these spiritual/religious/magic/occult/bullshit of the month are generally pretty low quality posts. They need to be contained.
>>
Just wandered over here from /x/, what a coincidence.

As much as I think board splitting has been getting out of control lately, this is something /x/philes have brought up before in the past and I think it's a good idea. I just doubt anyone in charge cares enough about /x/ to actually do it. New Age stuff like you've listed here has been around forever, but the board has really been drowning in it the last few years. Making a new one where you could also discuss religion and philosophy would also cut back on the christfag vs atheist trolling both here and on other boards.

So I'm in favor of this. People can complain about yet another new board being added, but when you literally have containment boards for shitposts like /trash/ and /s4s/, how can anyone think this is any worse?
>>
>>386254
I should have applied for /x/ janitor last round. Kicking myself for it now.

I've been on /x/ since 2009 or so, and I stopped from 2013 to earlier this year, and I swear to god it was never this bad.

Yeah, the spirituality/religion aspect leaks to boards like /his/, and it's a broad enough of a topic to warrant its own board, I believe.

Exactly, there's enough unjustified boards as is, and I really think this one is a legitimate reason to make one. I mean, I've never been on /d/ or /aco/ but apparently they fucked up real bad there. It couldn't make anything worse.

I'm just particularly salty because /x/ used to be a pretty decent board. Insane, weird, crazy and strange, but it had some great fucking moments.
>>
i was literally thinking of this comic like 10 minutes ago

what the fuck
>>
>>386313
T̷̷̹͕͍̰̖̤͇̳͓̪͖̹͙̱͈̻̭̪̪̂ͧ̅̓ͨ̓̇̾̊́̓͐̒ͬ̑͛̀̚̚̚͝Ḫ̢̱̳̣͓͎͈̦̭͍̗̒̓ͪ̒ͧ͋ͪ̇̎͐̇̂̍̀̚͜͡͠Ë́̆́ͧͧ͐̆̓͌͏̷̴͍͔͓̯̻̰͈͓̟̼ͅͅ ̷̶̛̲͚͍͔̍́̈́̓́̕C̷̵͈̮͙͉̻̻͚̗̆͗̔ͥ̽͆͆͑͋͆̚O̴̡͚̰̺͛ͪͬ͋̀̂̊͌̉̾ͤ̉ͬ̕͜N̛̺͓͇͓̳̪̈́̉̍͂̇ͣͥͮͯ͜͞T̵̯͉͎̭̳̪̦̣̝͔̳̲̣͕̭̪͙̎͋̓̉̐̓̿ͬͫ̋͠͠ͅR̵̦͇̮͉̞̞͈̙͓͉̯͍ͤ̎ͤ͌̊͆͐͋̏ͭͬͣͮ̓̌́͟͠ͅḀ̵̗̣͋ͦ͌ͧ̈́͌̐̃̆͢C̴̡̦̜̟̹͓̳̺͖̉̇͂̂̄̒ͭ̇̄̽͛ͯ́̍ͮ̀̿̕͡͞Ţ̦̮̜͖̪̩̟̰̻͇̒̋͌̀͆̍͒̓̒̋̆͒̊ͭ̾̉ͣͧ̚ ̴͔̲͖̼͕̹͎̌̏̏̉̈͆͊̆͐̇̆ͦ͠I̷̵̒̅̋̊͂̂͌͛̃͆͏̧͕͎̭̦̮͇̞̰̜͚͇̗͖͈ͅS̴͐ͤ̏̍ͫ͋̐ͤ̽ͭͦ̋͑ͤ̓͛ͫͪ҉̼̝̘͔̩̖̗̼ ̸͕̳̬̦̜̰̭͖̹̬͉̠̭̺͈̪̩ͨ̍ͫͮ͆̀͂ͫ̒͟Ş̦̰̥͔̣̠͔̞͍̀̓ͭ̅͒͌ͪ̔ͧ͐̀ͭ̆ͯ̑ͫ͜͞Ȅ̛̛͔̭̦̗̬̝ͪ̅̊͋̂̊͑̑̒̕A͛ͯͭ͌ͥ͂̅̂̄ͩ̾̆͏̷҉̢̛͕͇͙̥̻̪͖̘̙͉̻̩̬̗̞͉̬L͎̹̼̞̝̿ͪͥ̂ͣ͒̏̾̈́̏ͤͭ͘͟͝ͅE̸͉̖̖͚̬͚̪̭̟̋̅̑͌̃̌D̴̨͓̦̳͚̠̲̝͔͚̱̜̮̱͍̯̻̲̈̆̓̈ͥ̔̂̉̑̚ͅ
̸̴̌̏ͩ̃̾̅ͥͭ̿̅ͥͮ̆͆͊́҉̧͓̭͎̗̙̠̘͈̘͍̯̣̰̟͓̯͎
>>
>>386290
I applied once and didn't make the cut. Then they started requiring personal info, and I was like nope, fuck this. Not worth it.

I've been on /x/ a bit longer than you, and you seem to have forgotten that /x/ has gone through several cycles of decline and being raided by trolls, mostly from /b/ back then. These days, half of /x/ is working against itself, that might be why it seems worse, but at least the mods give a fuck about us more often than they used to.

/x/ is still a decent place once in a while, you just have a lot more junk to wade through, and it's improves a bit when the kids go back to school.

>>386316
Aww look, somebody just learned how to Zalgotext!
>>
File: 1365282690782.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1365282690782.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>386109
Isn't /x/ dead enough without splitting it into two different boards?

Haven't been there for years, but if all the occult shit that's been bothering you is all that's keeping the board afloat maybe its finally time to jump ship.
>>
>>386606
>Wants to call /x/ dead
>Haven't been there for years

Sorry, your opinion is invalid.
>>
>>386109
If you removed all that from /x/ what would be left?
>>
File: Capture.png (69 KB, 965x830) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
69 KB, 965x830
>>387256
While it isn't dead, it is still a pretty slow board. Not sure why you would want to split it when it is about on par with /jp/, /lit/ and /m/ speed wise.
>>
>>387550
More traditional "campfire" spooky stuff, like ghosts, monsters, cryptids, horror art, etc.

>>387565
Quality control. And slow boards are kind of nice, not everything needs to move at /b/ tier rocket speed.
>>
I agree with this idea. I want to read creepypasta and look at creepy pictures, not have to sift through a million threads of retards thinking they're fairies and trying to create tulpas so they can fuck them.
>>
>>387550

Actual spooky shity and urbexing. I miss the urban exploration threads, they were so much fun. I use to have /x/ as my main board, and to see what has happened to it makes me sad.
>>
>>388602
>I miss the urban exploration threads

We had a couple recently, they still pop up once in a while.

Here's an abandoned places/urbex thread you might like.

http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17065524
>>
>>386586
Yeah the personal info is over the line. I get nervous enough just browsing here sometimes.

I haven't forgotten, I just think right now is probably the worst I've ever seen. I've seen it be reborn from its ashes before, but god fucking damn is this particular death painful.

Yeah they've slowly been picking up on the absurd amount of reporting I've been doing lately, which I appreciate very much.

You're right; theres still some great threads going around - like the missing persons one up right now. I just can't recall a time when I had to wade through THIS much bullshit.

>>386606
I'd rather a slow board with content than a fast one with shit. It's as fast as I can remember it, and it's not a good thing. Slow is good for esoteric boards.

>>388599
This post made me laugh. Great summary of the situation.
>>
>>388599

You want a board specifically for sharing scary stories and spooky pictures.

You realize that's just two threads right?

Do you know how internet son?

Talking about millions of retards right?
>>
>>389697
>I'll take oversimplification of the issues for $500, Alex
>>
>>389698

Don't know what you're quoting sorry.
>>
bump for others
>>
>>389700
>he doesn't know what Jeopardy is

I'm not even American, where do you live? In a cave?
>>
>>390622
He's probably a youngfag.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.