[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear Hiroyuki, "Rare" flags are killing int and pol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: hidemyass-vpn.png (352 KB, 1021x800) Image search: [Google]
hidemyass-vpn.png
352 KB, 1021x800
Dear Hiroyuki,

"Rare" flags are killing int and pol because they receive too many 'RARE!!!!!' replies.
In reality, these are just proxies, provided by HMA VPN.

All these "rare" flags are HideMyAss VPN proxies. Rule 14 is clear about VPN and proxies, they may not be used.
>The use of scrapers, bots, or other automated posting or downloading scripts is prohibited. Users may also not post from proxies, VPNs, or Tor exit nodes.

Currently it works like this; You need a pass to post from a VPN range. I'd love to work with you to ban HMA rare proxies so pol and int are no longer disturbed by this. We can ban HMA ranges (I can get them for you, including proof) or you can ban VPN's alltogether.

If you don't know, please get an int or pol admin/moderator in on this. It will prevent quite some shitposting.
>>
>>385919
You sound like a complete faggot
>>
Why exactly does it work like that, anyway? Why wouldn't they get the Vatican City flag if that's where they're actually posting from?
>>
>>385919
Or you could ban discriminating against people because of their flags.

But you don't want that.
>>
>>385919
> implying flags are the ones shitposting, not the userbase.
> implying it's the fault of the flag, not the userbase.

A room full of retards will always find something to shit their pants about. Nothing to see here folks.
>>
>>385960
Good contribution, lad.

>>386046
No, you don't want that.

>>386233
It's a fact that rare flags derail threads.
Getting rid of fake rare flags seems like a pretty good deal to me.

>>386040
Real geolocation has barely anything to do with it.
The internet is just a series of tubes. You're tube is marked with a number, an IP address, and based on that number you get a flag.
Every residential IP gives out the correct geoIP location because for example BBC checks that you're in the UK or they won't allow you to view BBC on the web.
Cheeky VPN providers like HideMyAss say they're in whatever location they want their IPs to show up at while actually being all located in the USA.
>>
Is HMA good? Do they log data? I'm willing to buy a VPN. Hide My Ass seems to have proxies from every country.
>>
>>385919
/pol/ should never have had geoflags in the first place, moot added them because he knew they would ruin the quality of posting.
>>
>>386623
They log everything and they will report you to every authority asking them for data.

>>386681
We all know that, but that is not the point of this thread.
>>
bump for importance
>>
If we had flags here we would see that OP is an aussie.

Nice false flag OP

flags on /qa/ when
>>
>>385919
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>385919
bump
>>
>>385919
/qa/dditors really are on a mission to make 4chan as not fun as possible.
>>
>>385919
Could they take flags away for rare countries? Could they just give flags for the main countries like USA, Canada, and European countries? Basically take the top 10-15 flags and keep those, ditch the rest.
I always felt bad for people living in rare countries because they lose their anonymity. They're basically involuntary tripfags, everybody will know them when they see them.
>>
>>385919
Huge fucking faggot, you are
>>
File: 1379564663771.jpg (73 KB, 520x396) Image search: [Google]
1379564663771.jpg
73 KB, 520x396
The shitposting in the thread leads me to believe someone linked this on /int/, possibly in one of its infamously atrocious generals.
Anyway...
The "rare flag" thing is a legacy of /int/'s flags since the day it was introduced- with anons feverishly filling out their autism maps with each new finding, even if it was well accepted that they were all proxies. Everyone remembers that North Korea thread. It is the unfortunate course of a meme that it becomes a perverted caricature of what it was in the beginning as new people try to attach onto it.

Just because /int/ is getting the /tv/ treatment (turning to shit because its memes attracted non-contributors) is no reason to take drastic action against something that has essentially been unofficially tolerated since the beginning.

You can't cure /int/ or /pol/ with actions like these. They are shit because the userbase has changed. The genie won't be going back into the bottle.
>>
The generals are doing way more damage to /int/ then flag ever will. The generals go against the entire point of /int/. What' the point of a board about international discussion if everyone is just talking to their neighbors?
>>
>>386521
>It's a fact that rare flags derail threads.
Because autists simply cannot stop themselves from shitposting over it. This is not the fault of the flag, it is the fault of the triggered motherfuckers that inhabit the board. I'm sorry that you're surrounded by shitlords, but as that other guy said, faggots will always find something to whinge about. Removing flags will not prevent that. Your board is shit, deal with it.
>>
File: 1377932842335.jpg (2 MB, 3538x3424) Image search: [Google]
1377932842335.jpg
2 MB, 3538x3424
But anon, 4chan is banned in my country and since tor and most of free proxies are banned I can only post through very rare country's proxies which are not banned yet.
>>
>>390567
>posting sadfrog

I wouldn't mind you being gone
>>
File: 1443239020669.png (507 KB, 999x1748) Image search: [Google]
1443239020669.png
507 KB, 999x1748
bump
>>
File: 1443056817607.png (156 KB, 632x571) Image search: [Google]
1443056817607.png
156 KB, 632x571
>>392152
>>
>>392919
Importanr bump
>>
>>386521
Only on /pol/. You fucks actually think someone is posting from North Korea or Turkmenistan every time.
>>
>>394070
Well, yes, that's why it's a problem.

Get rid of this vpn providers 'rares' and 90% will be gone.
>>
File: 1154773850920.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1154773850920.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
Dear Hiroyuki,

The OP is a 'concern troll' trying to ban VPNs through a specious 'concern about 'rare flags'. Perhaps they feel this will contribute to the destruction of /pol/ as one of the last bastions of free political speech online. I don't know. Maybe OP is just a fag.

No-one on/pol/ cares about rare flags. Simply ban posters who get all worked up about them. I'm sure there will soon be an orgy of shit-posting by OP's fellow agitants to try and drum up the whole thing as an issue. Please ignore the petulant whining of this dangerous individual.
>>
>>385919
As usual /int/ and /pol/ are collapsing under their own stupidity.
>>
Bumpo
>>
>>386521
Appeasing the mob is always a great idea.
Thanks for keeping it real, anon.
>>
>>387359
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>397095
Bumpiedump
>>
>>397715
bump
>>
>>399172
Bump
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.