[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Language learning board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1440168180847.jpg (30 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1440168180847.jpg
30 KB, 500x500
Why wasn't this made yet?
We can go discuss languages there and how to learn them while /int/ will stay for general cultural exchange, not like you can discuss anything seriously in that reddit shithole.
>>
There was lang/ but that shit was dead even before actually dying, we need an imageboard
>>
does programming languages count?
>>
4chan really isn't the right place for that.

I'd recommend duolingo or rosettastone or something, and then IRC Chatrooms on freenode or rizon or something for your language of choice.

Also 4chan isn't a chatroom.
>>
>>384691
/g/ moderates that.
>>
>>384679
Yes you can, it's not impossible.
>>
>>384679
>not like you can discuss anything seriously in that reddit shithole.

More seriously than 4chan.
>>
File: 1449924871551.jpg (8 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1449924871551.jpg
8 KB, 160x160
>>384679
The generals for language learning are perfectly fine

They are mostly dead anyway

Reddit isnt even a bad place to discuss language
>>
>>384679
There was a /lang/ it was a text board and went down when all the other text boards went down.

>>387213
>Reddit isnt even a bad place to discuss language
From what I've heard from users who came from there to check out our DJT threads, so this might not apply to all languages but just japanese, surprisingly enough they claim we have a much more positive and productive environment for learning japanese.
>>
>>384684
Why do you need a textboard to talk about fucking languages? To post your dank memes?
>>
>>387231
You got us anon. That's exactly it. There's just no fooling you.
>>
krautchan
>>
>>387219
Even with all the shitposts DJT somehow manages to have much more actual discussion about the language, if you go to the japanese board of reddit all the resources there are copypasted from DJT and a good amount of threads are people blogging about their troubles like "I studied jap for 4 years and I don't know shit", or extremely basic questions like "what the fuck is katakana"
I still think DJT should be moved to a board to discuss languages
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.