[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please Word Filter Reddit to something else
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: 1449204731736.jpg (21 KB, 540x543) Image search: [Google]
1449204731736.jpg
21 KB, 540x543
Do you think we can word filter Reddit to some other site, like Gaia or 4chan? The Reddit blame game and war has gotten so bad this year its caused a massive increase in shitposting. Almost all insults thrown around now are about going back to Reddit. In fact it seems like who legit are invading from Reddit are using that insult as well just to piss people off. Point being, Reddit needs to be word filtered to something else in order to stop the constant spam of the word. Its just like baka desu and senpai. We need Reddit changed to something else, maybe Gaia, since that used to be something of a boogyman back in the early days of 4chan. Or hell just filter Reddit to 4chan.

We just need Reddit filtered already. This can't keep going on anymore, just look at >>379651 and see how bad things are getting. Its not asking for much, just a simple filter like that would really cut back on the constant go back to Reddit spam
>>
>>384468
I'm conflicted... from a side this will only be more cancerous and I'm strongly against word filters, but I want to see someone say "go back to 4chan". It should be made the only word filter.
>>
File: 1385779583104.jpg (29 KB, 482x526) Image search: [Google]
1385779583104.jpg
29 KB, 482x526
>>384468
It should redirect to "Liberal, Retard Land."
>>
If they do continue to add filters I would be pretty surprised if Reddit/Leddit -> 4chan wasn't one of the next ones. It has definitely gotten to be a massive problem and a simple filter would throw people off to the extent that they'd use it less.
>>
>>384480
Also forgot, the word Leddit should be filtered as well. Reddit and Leddit
>>
>>384474
Word filters helped cut back on that nigger speak spam
>>
>>384483
They really did. I mean, there are still people that use them, but a lot less because desu baka senpai doesn't have the same impact. Which is another positive.
>>
Reddit has been wordfiltered before and it didn't really solve anything. The boogeyman culture infests every single board, gb2reddit is just the most prominent example. All boards seem to have one or more boogeymen that will be blamed for everything. /a/ has /v/, as well as gaia and IRC historically. /pol/ has the JIDF and SJWs. And so on, it's just how it works
>>
>>384483
But they're trends, they go away with time, just like they used to. Word filters are a more recent practice, and I don't like force-fed bullshit. They make memes die within the same timespan as without them, nobody stopped saying senpai desu, you know.
>>
>believing that wordfilters are effective, despite all evidence to the contrary
5mh 2bh f@m
>>
>>384489
People started complaining once Hiro took over and the shit posting increased by 1000%, including the mods acting more and more like uncaring idiots

Face it, you're the Redditor here. You don't want your precious meme taken from you
>>
>>384488
It ain't going away anytime soon. Just go to /v/ or /tv/ and you'll see. It has to be stopped now
>>
>>384519
If you do this outside of /qa/ you'll get a ban, so.
>>
File: 1438553430703.jpg (16 KB, 478x360) Image search: [Google]
1438553430703.jpg
16 KB, 478x360
>>384558
>meme
Found the shitposter who thinks every word said here is a meme. Reddit hate is not a meme, stop using it as a damage control, stupid redditard.
>>
Like 8gag, people would just find a new word for it.

Upvotechan or something like that.
>>
The free market will fix it.

Or it won't, if people want to use the term reddit, they are free to.

Faggot. Literally go back to your reddit hugbox.
>>
>>384488
>wordfilters are a more recent practice

Roody-poo pls.
>>
>>384570
The fuck kind of shitty boards do you go on?
>>
>waw people are insulting muh website, truly there must be a way to convince them to ban it
>i know! "It increases shitposting!"
>>
>>384797
I hate Reddit, but I'm getting sick of "Go back to Reddit" spam and regular Reddit spam in general.
>>
>>384801
You literally get triggered by words. I suggest you go back to your safespace at reddit.
>>
>>384773
Important that you all see this
>>
>>384797
The thing is that redditors constantly use the word reddit as well. Every 5 minutes, a troll starts a new reddit thread, whining about how much better it is than 4chan. They're shilling their own website on 4chan all the time. I'm fucking tired of that.
>>
>>384814
Filtering that word would go a long way. But that means for every single Reddit variation there is, it has to be added to the filter. Reddit, Leddit, Plebbit, Re.ddit, all that.
>>
>>384802
this desu senpai
>>
File: 1447885358533.png (925 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
1447885358533.png
925 KB, 1024x1365
>>384801
>I'm getting sick of "Go back to Reddit" spam
pic related

>>384814
Stopping advertising by filtering Reddit is not going to fix anything
>>
>>384877
>pic related

Uhhh? How?
>>
>>384920
He's the retard from the other thread who thinks that whether someone likes anime or not is the defining factor in whether they're a 4channer or a Redditor; thus he's deluded himself into believing that if he posts enough anime girls the Redditors will get triggered and go away.
>>
>>384974
Most people that shitpost on anime usually seem to come from Reddit though, that or NeoGaf
>>
>>384974
Oddly enough that's a Kantai Collection character so I, as a Redditor, am simply impressed by his fine taste and am currently masturbating with the hand that is not typing this post.
>>
File: 1440718177958.jpg (53 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
1440718177958.jpg
53 KB, 500x447
>>384981
>I, as a Redditor
Thanks for telling us you're cancer
>>
>>384983
Thanks for being so easy to troll. Le me loves it.

Now post more anime.
>>
File: 1409019326372.jpg (9 KB, 348x352) Image search: [Google]
1409019326372.jpg
9 KB, 348x352
>>384983
You... you actually took him seriously? Or is this some sort of meta-double-reverse bait? Nobody could read a post literally saying "I am a Redditor" and think "this guy MUST be telling the truth, nobody would lie on the internet to get a reaction out of somebody else." Nobody could POSSIBLY be that stupid.

Right?
>>
>>384992
>>384997
But it proves a point, this is how badly things are getting now
>>
>>385001
If anyone can react to this, even someone on /v/, specially /v/, then it just proves how badly Reddit has to get changed
>>
>>384997
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting anon
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.