[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know about any decent place to talk about videogames?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: 1444234351836.png (86 KB, 870x748) Image search: [Google]
1444234351836.png
86 KB, 870x748
Does anyone know about any decent place to talk about videogames? I'm tired of the autistic Nintoddler mods and userbase on /v/. Neogaf is not an option, place is full of them as well.
>>
reddit.com/r/gaming :)
>>
>playing video games
You have to new 18 or older to post on 4chan
>>
File: 1438708784549.png (61 KB, 646x822) Image search: [Google]
1438708784549.png
61 KB, 646x822
>>384198
>what are handhold consoles
seems pretty disingenuous desu with you.
>>
>>384198
8/v/ is alright. Be warned though the site keeps going down.
>>
>>384215
Nice Kuruminha, may I save it?
>>
>>384229
Too many /pol/tards who don't know how board topics work. Not to mention their collective us vs them hivemind in respect to 4chan is even more pathetic than the us vs them hivemind /v/ has over here.

Video games are simply better off played, not discussed.
>>
>Video games
Back to Reddit
>>
>>384208
>>384248
EBIN
>>
>>384198
www.gamefaqs.com

You know they're good because Undertale just won the best game ever award.
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
>>384287
Honestly, this. It's really about the same as /v/, since it's a 4chan board about video games, but actually discusses video games.
>>
>>384321

Only if the general is younger than six months
>>
I like SA's game board. It more or less functions like /vg/ but with moderation and zero tolerance for dumb shit like console war faggotry.
>>
>>384198
Pick a game you like.

Go to the general discussion forums for that game.

Like league of legends? http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/f/mNBeEEkI

Like Counter Strike?
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1188

Finding that the average userbase of those games is a little less than your standards of excellence? Then you have pleb tastes.

Maybe you want to talk about Sony games because you're really only against Nintoddlers? Try http://www.psu.com/forums/forum.php?s=d29b4dbb79bda2540de2e8874c33bab9

Want to talk about gaming in general with no set topic? Then you're going to have to accept the hard truth that your average person likes things you don't like and disagrees with you.
>>
>>384247
>their collective us vs them hivemind in respect to 4chan is even more pathetic than the us vs them hivemind /v/ has over here

No it isn't. It's exactly the fucking same.

You're doing it right now.
>>
/vg/. The threads aren't circlejerks at all. The only commonality is that the people enjoy a particular game. That doesn't mean they hold the same opinions about the elements of a game. Threads on /v/ are much more of a circlejerk.
>>
>>384761
Circlejerking means people getting along with each other, but in a negative sense, right?
>>
File: 1439077721971.png (68 KB, 344x512) Image search: [Google]
1439077721971.png
68 KB, 344x512
>>384236
Sure
>>
>>384754
This is a good approach, but it has mixed results.

I found a board for an EXTREMELY NICHE game I used to love as a kid, but the users are the kind that I wouldn't want to interact with if it meant they were the last forum on Earth.
>>
>>384815
Sounds to me like you have pleb tastes and like the sort of games people you wouldn't want to interact with if it meant they were the last forum on Earth like.

I don't think there's a solution to this problem, Anon. I think your problem is you don't get along well with certain kinds of people.
>>
>>384818
>Sounds to me like you have pleb tastes and like the sort of games people you wouldn't want to interact with if it meant they were the last forum on Earth like.

Nah, it just means the people who had good tastes as a kid lost them when they grew into fuckwits.

gamefaqs is filled with those kinds of people.
>>
File: pD7g8WZ.png (174 KB, 308x275) Image search: [Google]
pD7g8WZ.png
174 KB, 308x275
>>384818
Not him but I had a similar problem with Gradius.

I found a gradius community that was filled with a circlejerk that had been in progress for the better part of a decade. Can you imagine trying to discuss anything there? Any thread or post you made trying to start a discussion would result in at least two-three links to a thread almost five years ago where that discussion already took place.

Then they flooded the general forum with more blog posts. I don't buy for a second that Gradius is 'pleb tastes', and question your tastes if you think otherwise.
>>
>>384836
I don't mean to be rude but what the fuck is there to discuss about Gradius?

I mean... seriously... your high scores?

Is there a lore that matters?

What the fuck, man?

What the hell is there to say about Gradius other than "I like it and I wish they'd make more sidescrolling shooters" and other such circlejerk shit?

"Check it out guys, Gradius was referenced in the Dungeon Dice Monsters episode of YuGiOh!"

"Gradius was referenced in Andrew Hussie's Namco High Sch--oh shit that was galaga ship my bad!"
>>
>>384845
>I don't mean to be rude but what the fuck is there to discuss about Gradius?
Romhacks, games I might have missed, new game discussion, new speedruns, emulation discussion, other shmups I should check out, and just general old game discussion. I originally found it looking for romhacks and OST remixes.

Does it matter what community I wanted to browse? Doesn't change the fact that I went searching for a dedicated community and came up with peanuts where a proper discussion board for games would have made it a moot point. Are you just moving goalposts now?

What the fuck, man?
>>
This thread can be summed up very simply.

>How do I find people who all agree with me?

Make your own board and ban everybody who disagrees with you.
>>
>>384852
Denying that /v/ has a problem doesn't make that problem go away.
>>
FORUMS.PEWDIEPIE.COM
>>
>>384857
It's only a problem to you if it bothers you.

Take a deep breath, relax, and say the serenity prayer.

O God, give us the serenity to accept what cannot be changed,
The courage to change what can be changed,
and the wisdom to know the one from the other

Then remember that the only thing you can reliably change is your own mind.
>>
>>384865
>It's only a problem to you if it bothers you
What kind of backwards logic is this?

It's not a problem as long as I ignore it?

That's precisely why it's a problem: You have to hide over half of /v/ at this point to make it not a problem.
>>
>>384869
No, you don't need to hide over half of /v/.

You need to RECOGNIZE that "over half of /v/" means "the majority" which means that you're "the minority" so it's YOU who needs to change to suit the rest of the world, not the world that needs to change to suit you.

Being actualized needs to come from within and radiate out into the world. Emotions and feelings aren't something that you can grab from the outside world and stuff into your heart but something that you need to provide and give and take with everybody else.

If you feel alone it's because you aren't trying not to be.

Let go. Adjust yourself. You aren't a robot. You're capable of changing. You're capable of adapting. You're capable of learning.

And if leaving /v/ is what you need to do because you realize that /v/ isn't worth it, so be it!
>>
>>384874
>
You need to RECOGNIZE that "over half of /v/" means "the majority" which means that you're "the minority" so it's YOU who needs to change to suit the rest of the world, not the world that needs to change to suit you.

I'm pretty sure I don't need to change into a worthless shitposter that's rapidly running /v/ into the ground.

If you think this is something someone should aspire to be: to be a worthless shitposter that derails every thread and makes even standard threads about video games into insufferable nightmares of ego contests; then you are the epitome of what is wrong with /v/.

The "Go with the flow" attitude is EXACTLY why /v/ has degraded as much as it has.

I see no reason for /v/ to exist right now other than the kind of containment that was originally meant for /b/. Most of /v/ would probably agree with me. Having a board which is constant day-in-day-out inability to discuss anything with a consistent pattern of egostroking is no way for a board to be run.

If this was any other board other than /v/ or /b/, it would have been axed years ago. The only reason it's tolerated is because it's among the main attraction of the site now.

That's fucking shit, quit the act, it's not cool, it's not something people should want to be.
>>
>>384889
>"Go with the flow" is why /v/ is full of arguments and shitposting.

Funny.
>>
>>384874
>You need to RECOGNIZE that "over half of /v/" means "the majority" which means that you're "the minority" so it's YOU who needs to change to suit the rest of the world, not the world that needs to change to suit you.

Are you a fucking idiot? The few good posters who is keeping /v/ from going full-on neogaf just need to give up and let it turn into the shithole that faggots are trying to make it into?

>>384891
You don't remember 2013 at all, do you? Were you even here for 2013 and the time /v/ was almost seriously deleted for real?
>>
>>384896
If faggots want to be faggots, let them be faggots.

What makes your opinion that much more important than a faggot's? Is it because you're the one having the opinion?
>>
>>384891
Yes, it is. At one time /v/ tried to go with the flow and let them own the board. There is a period of several years where /v/ could seriously not be posted on. Mods wouldn't do anything, people screaming were just screaming into the abyss.

That was the single worst time for /v/ ever.

It's better now, but it's better specifically because people tried to combat it. Letting it turn to shit isn't going to solve the problems plaguing it and you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

>>384899
It's not what you ask, it's the way you ask it. Much like how a shitpost isn't what you post, it's the way you post it.
>>
>>384899
>What makes your opinion that much more important than a faggot's? Is it because you're the one having the opinion?

Are you seriously asking this question?
A faggot is someone who has an opinion that is either proven to be stupid, illogical, or just downright for the express purpose of fucking over discussion in a thread.
Then he just keeps posting it anyway.
>>
>>384198
That painted red line is completly retarded
>>
>>384321
>but actually discusses video games.
Nope
It's chatrooms
>>
>>384905
But you're just continuing to post like a not-faggot on a faggot board.

More than half the users are faggots and you think that you're welcome there?

You need to learn how to be a faggot.
>>
>>384913
I want this post screencapped and pinned to the top of /v/ because it seems to be the modus operandi for the common shithead that infests that board now.

>Just be a faggot, it works! De-rail every thread and continue to post the same shit that only exists to foster shitposting, nothing bad will ever happen! Everyone should be like me.
>>
>>384913
No thanks, I rather not become a redditor.
>>
>>384928
You became a redditor when you added "redditor" to your vernacular.
>>
>>384921
That's how you downvote threads on 4chan. By posting in them negative things.

See, on Reddit you can downvote shitposters but 4chan doesn't want that. Oh no. That promotes GROUPTHINK! You know what doesn't promote groupthink? Preventing discussion about things you don't like.
>>
>>384949
You became a shitposter when you seriously suggested people should just become shitposters just so they can fit in with the cesspool known as /v/.

Pray tell, which year did you join up with 4chan?
>>
>>384954
>That's how you downvote threads on 4chan. By posting in them negative things.

You downvote threads on 4chan by not fucking participating in them/posting irrelevant shit about the subject IE: stealing the conversation from the OP.

Posting negative things in threads only causes the other side to post more negative things in return. Which results in negative things in return, and so on, and so on, until

>545 posts and 153 images omitted, click here to view

And what gets shoved off the board because these threads last so long? actual discussion that those people would have rather been posting in the first place.

See, this retarded idea; one that is entirely from /b/ I might add, that someone has to get the 'last' word in a shitty thread has killed more threads than anyone could ever imagine. But it's here, and it's not going away. The fact that people think shitting at people is the way to get rid of threads instead of making them shamble around like a zombie is just proof that some people can't think more than a few steps ahead.
>>
>>384956
2004. I came to 4chan from newgrounds when 4chan added /f/.
>>
>>384198
>>384198
>>384198
We are currently discusing a possible solution to /v/'s current state here: >>384853
>>
>>384229
this.
Its moving hardware today though, but 8/v/ is pretty much a back up of a few years.

Say what you want about Gamergate, but banning /v/ the musical is where I cross the fucking line
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.