[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>>/news/8720 I thought referral links were against
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: cattag.jpg (380 KB, 1616x1068) Image search: [Google]
cattag.jpg
380 KB, 1616x1068
>>>/news/8720

I thought referral links were against the rules? Doesn't /news/ have mods?
>>
>>383641
>waaahh waah the mods aren't doing waht i want!!! ban him MODS MODS!!!!!!
>>>reddit is that way kid
>>
>>383644
>someone breaks the rules
>mods aren't doing anything about it
>its reddit to want to have mods do something

what?
>>
>>383641
That's not a referral link. He just pasted the URL wrong because he followed a link from 4chan to that site and then linked something on /news/.

If you're going to bitch, know what you're talking about first. So you don't create stupid threads like this instead of discussing actual problems.
>>
>>383823
So according to you, if I follow this link I'll get an ICID=ref_4chan.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/12/hilcorp-energy-gives-100000-bonus-to-all-1381-employees
>>
>>383823
>>383834
You don't get the ref link.

Those are used to tell sites where traffic is coming from, I wish you knew what you were talking about before posting retarded shit and acting like a shill.
>>
>>383851
You're saying he got the referral link from somewhere else on 4chan? How does that make a difference?
>>
>>383968
I'm saying the referral link was added to track how much traffic the link is bringing in.
>>
>>383977
Yeah but we know that. That's the problem. The news org or whatever is using 4chan to shill their links, and the referral link, which they're using to track how effective their shilling is going, is the proof.
>>
>>383644
Kill yourself.

Holy fucking god.
>>
>>383823
>>383851
then explain where he got that part from.

>acting like a shill
how so? do you know what a shill is?
>>
File: 1450194282043.jpg (38 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1450194282043.jpg
38 KB, 472x472
>>384444
Yes, you're shilling this thread, that news outlet and wasting a get.
>>
>>384444
>then explain where he got that part from.

I did, right there in >>383977
They added it themselves before posting the link, to see how much traffic posting a link on the /news/ board would bring them.

>acting like a shill
He's acting like a shill by trying to deflect the problem and claim that it was just another poster who happened to link it.
>>
>>384454
>>384591
fuck, idk who's who any more.

I thought >>383851 was the same as >>383823
I thought >>383851 was calling >>383834 a shill, and I know that >>383977 is right, but as >>384011 said that's the problem, someone monitoring traffic evidences someone is proffiting, and should be banned.

fuck all of you, and fuck fox news especially
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.