[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
While everyone is constantly whining about the 'evil'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1448268875589.jpg (159 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448268875589.jpg
159 KB, 1280x720
While everyone is constantly whining about the 'evil' mods, and how we should remove them, replace them, restrict them and the like. It seems that no one has even considered suggesting that the mods should go back to actually interacting with the community. Yes, we could easily remove them, but replacing them wouldn't actually be that easy

Seeing as Hiro is running on Mobile net still and probably will be for a quite a while, wouldn't it be more productive that the next time he shows up to get him to force the mods to actually going back to interacting with the community on the boards instead of being dead silent. Having the mods actually give a reason for something on a board when people are being stupidly vocal about it generally makes shit easier then passively deleting everything and slowly aggravating both sides

Except /qa/, we really don't need it to actually become /q/2.0. Even more so when we have a dead admin
>>
>>382658
>the mods should go back to actually interacting with the community

They are. They're banning heaps of cunts.
>>
>>382658
Mods interacting with the community and namefagging results in cults of personality. We would be no better than SA or, yes, Reddit.
>>
>>383068
Never said anything about namefagging.

What I said is the mods going back to actually responding to shit that a board is going apeshit over and at least give a reason on a board why the are deleting ontopic allowed content but not removing offtopic ban worthy content. This isn't saying the mods should constantly post, but rather, going back to at least responding to some things that are actual problems instead of being silent aggravating both sides

Removing and replacing the mods isn't a option, as finding replacements to mod this hell hole properly wouldn't be very easy. And applying heavy restrictions or stripping them of their anonymity will just piss them off even more and make the situation even worse since hiro is dead most of the time
>>
>>383089
>What I said is the mods going back to actually responding to shit that a board is going apeshit over and at least give a reason on a board why the are deleting ontopic allowed content but not removing offtopic ban worthy content. This isn't saying the mods should constantly post, but rather, going back to at least responding to some things that are actual problems instead of being silent aggravating both sides
Alright, this is reasonable.

>Removing and replacing the mods isn't a option, as finding replacements to mod this hell hole properly wouldn't be very easy. And applying heavy restrictions or stripping them of their anonymity will just piss them off even more and make the situation even worse since hiro is dead most of the time
This is not. If they're going to get pissed off over being punished for doing a bad job, then they don't deserve their positions. They're already possessive enough about the boards.
>>
>>383095
It's getting crazy because mods have seemingly gotten worse since moot left
>>
>>383095
It doesn't matter who you are, most of the time people will get upset when you punish them, even if they know they are in the wrong. Possibly the mods might not and might take the punishment without any backlash, but since they are mods for 4chan, I doubt it and they'll get just upset as the users about these sort of things. Hiro isn't here enough to rein them in if that happened, so it isn't a option
>>
>>383097
They absolutely have. You see a lot more mod abuse on a lot of boards, and things like the filters are being added against hiro's will.
>>
>>383103
Then the issue lies with the mods having absolute power and no checks to that power besides hiro.

Letting them do whatever they want for fear of them getting mad if you take their toys away is a frightening prospect.
>>
>>383113
There is unfortunately no solution to that problem except Hiro being here. Applying even things for reining them in requires Hiro's constant involvement as well for a few weeks. Which brings me back to my original suggestion of at least having them talk to us until Hiro is capable of being active
>>
>>383118
I can definitely agree with that. Right now hiro's involvement is the most important thing we can have.

Unfortunately it seems like he's having internet connection issues.
>>
File: fired up.jpg (10 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
fired up.jpg
10 KB, 250x187
Finally.
We have a thread here that is not (at least not yet) entirely stupid.
I thank you 4 previous posters for their brains.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.