[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Return Light Novel discussion to /a/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: Horizon1A_cover.jpg (240 KB, 886x1200) Image search: [Google]
Horizon1A_cover.jpg
240 KB, 886x1200
Why are light novel threads on /a/ deleted and redirected to /jp/, when /jp/ has shown for years that it isn't willing to discuss them?

This is especially the case for discussions of English-translated light novels and ones that have anime/manga adaptations. The topic is much more suited to /a/ and has been perfectly fine to discuss on /a/ until recently. This decision by the current /a/ moderation makes even less sense when there are many other topics that are less related to /a/ such as figure collecting that the moderation allows. All this is doing is more or less killing discussion of an entire medium that goes alongside anime and manga.
>>
I actually agree, but only for LNs that have been adapted. It's natural for the conversation to drift to talking about the source material. Are you supposed to completely ignore the LNs because they should technically be discussed on another board? That's just unnatural for the purposes of a conversation.
>>
Honestly I wouldn't care if /jp/ers started threads on /jp/ to talk about LNs with other /jp/ers. The problem is when threads from /a/ are moved to /jp/. I hate /a/, I hate the way they talk, and having to read their posts on my home board causes me much stress.
>>
>>381454
Don't be so tsun-tsun
>>
>>381441
LN with anime adaptations were always allowed on /a/.
Generic "LN General - where my LN bros at?" off-topic generals have nothing to do with /a/ though.
>>
>>381484
True, but then again generals are shit no matter what the subject
>>
bump for interest
>>
I want to know why this LN thread deleted on /jp/ all of a sudden:

https://warosu.org/jp/thread/14487673

I was a writefag and was currently posting my ideas to contribute. I don't see why the thread should be deleted when there are VN threads on /jp/ all the time.
>>
>>381441
>I actually agree, but only for LNs that have been adapted. It's natural for the conversation to drift to talking about the source material. Are you supposed to completely ignore the LNs because they should technically be discussed on another board? That's just unnatural for the purposes of a conversation.

If live novels are allowed on /a/ if they have adaptations because "that's just unnatural for the purposes of a conversation," then why is RBWY's manga banned on /a/?
>>
>>381678
It's an infected subject, but I think it should be allowed now that it's an actual manga. I don't think the majority of /a/ would agree with that though, and that's what's actually important. What does /a/ want? Do they want to be able to discuss LN details in related threads? Do they want to be able to discuss RWBY? Purely from an anecdotal perspective I'd guess yes to the former and no to the latter
>>
>>382350
While that's respectable, the fact of the matter is that boards don't get to choose what is allowed to be posted. /v/ would forbid Neptutia threads and /tg/ would forbid quests if that was the case.

Live novels aren't on topic, so they have to go.
>>
>>381678
Because /a/ doesn't want /co/ posting on the board

The amount of /a/nons who would actually care the RWBY manga are in incredible small numbers, that they would never make a thread. So, who would use the threads? /co/, not /a/nons. And naturally, with how everything always goes, they will also always end up talking about the original source instead

Having a thread on /a/ not just pisses off /a/, it serves literally no point as /co/ already has a eternal general /co/ can use. Only shitposters and /co/ want the thread on /a/, as such, its been banned
>>
>>382428
They are more on topic than other things such as figurine collecting, but those threads are allowed by moderation for the same reasons that you say boards shouldn't get to choose what's allowed to be posted. In fact, Light Novels are about as close to anime as Manga are these days and get just as many anime adaptations. It used to be mostly just anime and manga together 10 years ago, but times change. Now light novels are an integral part of anime and manga as a third medium alongside them. And if you want to say that it's arbitrarily adding unrelated discussion to /a/, light novels were discussed for years and years. This ban on them is quite new, presumably being from when /a/ got new moderation. The old moderation had explained on multiple occasions that the discussion was perfectly fine on /a/.
>>
>>382441
The same could be said for /a/'s Quest threads on /tg/, yet here we are.
>>
>>382441
>Because /a/ doesn't want /co/ posting on the board
Why should the mods ban on-topic content because a bunch of people don't like it?

>So, who would use the threads? /co/, not /a/nons.
This is just so much fucking garbage. The users of /co/ are not foaming at the mouth, battering on the gates of the promised l/a/nd. The RWBY posters of /co/ will continue to discuss RWBY in RWBY general as they always have... unless they also post in /a/ on a regular basis, making them /a/nons.

Imagine if /jp/ allowed you to discuss, oh, let's say... the PSP visual novel A Certain Magical and Scientific Ensemble. Which you can (just nobody really cares enough to do so). If somebody made a thread in /jp/ for it, it would almost certainly die for lack of interest and attract off-topic posting. But on the off chance that people do want to discuss the VN - then it's on-topic, and the mods should neither delete the thread nor allow people to shitpost freely on it, regardless of how many whiny shitters scream "back to /a/" about it.
>>
>>382477
>Why should the mods ban on-topic content because a bunch of people don't like it?
It might be a shocking concept to someone who doesn't use /a/ and might browse a board that allows 'ontopic' shit like filename threads or threads that start off with reddt/twitter/facebook/tumblr screencaps, despite the fact they are low quality posting. But, /a/ actually gives a shit about their board. The vast majority of /a/ doesn't want it there and for good reason. Not just do they not like RWBY or its userbase, it already belongs on another board, its original source isn't /a/ related and it encourages morons to post on /a/

/a/ isn't a welcoming board and nor should it be. It isn't shy to banning one or two series from discussion if its to ensure overall posting quality, and at the rate they are going, DBZ threads will be the next to go
>>
>>382499
>that allows 'ontopic' shit like filename threads or threads that start off with reddt/twitter/facebook/tumblr screencaps, despite the fact they are low quality posting.
Stop peddling this absolute fucking horseshit already. You're saying that a serialized manga should be banned from discussion in /a/. That's a series ban, an actual fucking topic ban. Claiming a series ban is basically the same as removing poorly formatted OPs is intellectually bankrupt and you know it.

>It isn't shy to banning one or two series from discussion if its to ensure overall posting quality, and at the rate they are going, DBZ threads will be the next to go
You'd better take out OPM, SNK, Tokyo Ghoul and Gochuumon while you're at it, because as far as I can tell those threads are made every day and they're all shit.
>>
>>382602
Except those are all REALLY good shows, so you can go fuck yourself and suck my dick.
>>
>>382602
>That's a series ban, an actual fucking topic ban. Claiming a series ban is basically the same as removing poorly formatted OPs is intellectually bankrupt and you know it.
Naruto in its prime was banned for bringing in retards, this is no different

>You'd better take out OPM, SNK, Tokyo Ghoul and Gochuumon while you're at it,
OPM and Goch are both currently ongoing, so, there faggot gay shit is okish until next season starts and SNK and TG are both generals and all generals need to be killed off
>>
>>382627
>there
>there
>there
>there
>>
>>382627
SNK and TG are both currently ongoing manga, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>382634
They are also eternal generals you faggot. They don't need 24/7 threads, they only need one or two threads on new chapter release day and then the occasional thread made by slowfags
>>
>>382627
As far as I'm concerned discussion about Naruto, or any of the big 3 for that matter, should still be outlawed on /a/.
>>
>>381441
the problem with you LNfags is you force the conversation to be about the LN and then shame people who like the anime.
>>
>>382891
Everything with a original source that isn't a anime is like that, you fucking moron
>>
>>382895
That's not technically true, often the original source isn't translated and so /a/ has to spend its days wandering benightedly in a dismal world.
>>
>>382903
Let me rephrase myself then. Anything that has a original source that isn't anime and has been translated always has the anti-secondary crowd. Nor can you really blame the crowd as the threads for things that get a anime adaption always become giant shitfests and shitposting once its anime airs and stay like that even long after the airing.

OPM is the biggest victim this season for that and I doubt it'll ever recover from
>>
>>382428
First it's "Light Novels"
Second
>/v/ would forbid Neptutia threads and /tg/ would forbid quests if that was the case.
Seemingly not otherwise they'd force the mods to do that
>>
>>382925
>Seemingly not otherwise they'd force the mods to do that

Oh you poor naive child
>>
>>382891
And you think that situation would be alleviated if janitors started to delete posts about LN content? It would only lead to more shitflinging.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.