[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of unfiltering cuck? please change it back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 200_s.gif (47 KB, 364x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
47 KB, 364x200
What was the point of unfiltering cuck? please change it back

And while you're at it filter "meme" as well
>>
>>381368
Cuck.
>>
>>381368
What is the point in filtering it when people are just going to dance around it anyway?
>>
>>381368
stfu faggot cuck
>>
no fuck off.
filters are for liberal fags.
>>
Why would they unfilter it?
>>
>>382089
It probably stopped being fun to the mods. Why else?

cuck
>>
>>381368
Hiro didn't know it was added. It was added by the mods behind his back.

It put undue stress on the server and caused the recent outages, so he removed it.
>>
Hiro's official statements:

>>380067
>I understand. why it should be removed.
>Now I want to know the reason why it is here.

>>380280
>Thanks.
>We have to get more free speech on 4chan than TV.

>>380684
>I thought it was consuming resources more than the value.
>If problem is on a specific board, I'll go there.
>words filter problem is not for a specific board.
>And if my decision is mistake, we would have the filter in a min.

>>380764
>Actually, my internet fiber is still broken.
>Internet with mobile is not good enough to go around every boards.
>>
How about filtering Alberto Barbosa and rangebanning Australia instead?
>>
cuck desu baka senpai
>>
>>382107
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>382097
>It put undue stress on the server and caused the recent outages, so he removed it.
Unless 4chan's code is basically the biggest piece of shit ever this is astoundingly unlikely to be it. It takes under a minute for your computer to parse all the regexes need to filter 4chan's daily post output.
>>
>>382191
See >>382103
>>
>>381386
Because it's funny when they forget to dance around it.
>>
>>382206
Yes, I was in that thread, and responded to him with the same basic analysis of how much it costs to run a regex filter on a post.

If somebody would like to explain what technical analysis I'm missing I'd be happy to listen. Maybe 4chan stores posts in original form and regexes them when passing them out? In that case 4chan runs 22M regexes per day (based on the monthly page impressions over thirty) but that's still not particularly costly in server resources.
>>
>>382423
Sorry, I did my math wrong! Given that each page probably has around a hundred posts on it, That would be 2.2 billion regexes, which is a bit over the capacity of my home computer to process, and is way more unreasonable.

Then again my computer can't serve hundreds of millions of file impressions per day either.
>>
>>382430
It still won't be as affecting as he's making it sound it is. Regex is nothing compared to the millions of images and WebMs 4chan serves every day.
>>
>>382437
Serving something is practically free compared to modifying things.

That being said, 4chan analyzes images and thumbnails them so even then you're right.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.