[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A question and answers board that goes unmoderated, and where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3
File: darth_beaner.png (440 KB, 544x623) Image search: [Google]
darth_beaner.png
440 KB, 544x623
>A question and answers board that goes unmoderated, and where mods don't respond at all

What purpose does this board's existence serve?
>>
It's a place where newfags from Reddit can expose themselves.
>>
>>380873

Are these the same people who actually think mods are perfect and the rules are infallible and literally interpreted?

This board reflects a very small minority of 4chan. Anyone who replies to this thread probably originally came to this board to complain about a ban or request more filters and censorship. If /qa/ was more temporary and a link was posted in the news header, more people would come in and give a more accurate representation of this site. If mods seriously took anything in this board with consideration, they'd be doing it based on what a tiny percentage of this site feels.

Maybe we need polls as well.
>>
>>380862
>and where mods don't respond at all
It was never designed to and was never stated mods should reply here. It wasn't meant to be another /q/. It was just a board made for moot to answer questions when he left and then reused for hiro to answer questions the first time he took over.
>>
>>380888

Does Hiro even exist? He responds so infrequently that it doesn't seem like this board has a purpose if that is it's current purpose.
>>
>>380903
He hasn't said anything or over 3 weeks now. Though with the way people told him to lurk more before doing things to the site I can see why he seems to be inactive.
And it really doesn't have one. People think it is the 4chan bitching board and /q/2.0 when no one ever said this board was. Just it is now ingrained in peoples minds, and it kinda became that.
>>
WHEN I WAS
>>
>>380940
You realize he just posted today and removed the cuck filter as a result?

I actually find it pretty annoying that he posts so infrequently, because when he does post he acts IMMEDIATELY instead of discussing the decision more, and then he disappears for another few weeks and we're left to deal with the mess.
>>
>>381339
I know now, but it was true he hadn't said anything before then for around 3 weeks.
From what I read he took it off because it was stressing the server too much (sounds like some bad coding going on here for a simple regex filter) so it just so happened to line up with /pol/ wanting it removed.
Rather it was just kept on other boards at least though as I expect if he asked they would rather keep it.
>>
>>379749

I want to know more about our new moot. He speaks in broken English but seems patient. moot was more of a 4channer though.

I miss moot. I told myself I wouldn't cry....
>>
>>381349
If it was stressing the server then what's his excuse for not also changing desu and senpai?
>>
>>381356
The Japanese in general are very patient and respectful people. I think he is the perfect person to be running a website.
>>
>>381359
Maybe it was the worst offender? I dunno though. Looked through the thread and seems no real reason was given.
I just hope they stay as it has really helped the site.
>>
>>381336
KINGS AND SHIET
>>
File: eTMKjnpGc.jpg (23 KB, 446x362) Image search: [Google]
eTMKjnpGc.jpg
23 KB, 446x362
>>381339
Yeah it's a bit concerning that it would've stayed had it not been for that.

I don't think he should be getting advice from /qa/ at all. This place is full of absolute fucking idiots. He should have huge stickies linked in the news header so that people from all boards can come and discuss. Rather than, you know, the outcasts who come here for some inexplicable reason.

>>381362
>you will never drive on polite Japanese roads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfrKFU9z0GQ&ab_channel=TheJapanChannelDcom
>>
>>380862
Mods post here all the time - they just don't use capcodes.
>>
>>381363
>I just hope they stay as it has really helped the site.

>it has really helped the site

>People say "desu" now instead of an ackronym for "to be honest"

You're joking, right? Where have you seen change?
>>
>>381370
/a/ as it use to plague up the place.
>>
>>381372
How did the term 2bh plague up the place?
>>
>>381372
Well shit that could be solved with moderation

He should be dealing with "DUDE WEED LMAO". That shit is everywhere.
>>
File: tbh.png (422 KB, 1280x2827) Image search: [Google]
tbh.png
422 KB, 1280x2827
>>381374
Small sample of before the filter as put in. Don't see it being a good thing at all.

>>381375
>moderation
But the time they have come the damage is already done and you got people shitpsoting eveywhere
>>
>>381391

Those posts are harmless as fuck. Just because it's kinda a meme doesn't mean those people don't mean what they're saying. Just saying "this" in a goofy way, or throwing those words into their posts.

"DUDE WEED LMAO" is posted by itself with no rhyme or reason and people don't give a flying fuck about that.

This is just nofunallowed.jpeg to the extreme.
>>
>>381401
>Those posts are harmless as fuck
Shitposting is still shitposting. Go to /b/ or /s4s/ if you want to funpost.
>>
>>381411
But it's not shitposting. If I said "this" but added one of those words to it, it doesn't automatically become shitposting. This is autismal as fuck, because you're getting mad at people saying the same things in different ways. With the filter, they'll either evade it or say those very same things in a different way.

How does this possibly ruin your day? Take some time away from /a/.
>>
>>381421
The words are like curry, when you add them to the recipe suddenly the whole thing tastes like it.
>>
>>381421
>But it's not shitposting.
Then why did mods delete a lot it (eventually)? Because it was and the majority of /a/ thought so as well, as they told people to fuck off.
>inb4 hurr censorship by the mods.
>>
>>381425

Just like any other meme. Deal with it.

>>381434
>Then why did mods delete a lot of it (eventually)?

Because people like this guy complained and requested filters left and right.

>I greentexted the valid response so now he won't say it

Hurr, censorship by the mods. I said it. What else is filtering? Especially when you consider they're not filtering senseless "DUDE WEED LMAO", they're filtering people who decide to add three little letters after the word "this" or throw in a funny word at the end of their post. Disregard their entire post because of a little meymey? That's very petty and passive-aggressive. Get a perspective of the real world, this is not a big issue to cry over. You're invading in other people's harmless fun because of a pet peeve. This filter will go away just like others, but it's unfortunate that it's there in the first place.
>>
>>381463
>Just like any other meme. Deal with it.
You can deal with the filters, but instead you're here whining. Welcome to /qa/.

>You're invading in other people's harmless fun because of a pet peeve.
People who want to type those three letters are no more "harmed" by having them filtered to something else than I am by having to read it.
>>
>>381488
>You can deal with the filters, but instead you're here whining. Welcome to /qa/.

>Me, whining
>not the guy complaining about a few harmless ackronyms

Oh, that's very cute.

>are no more "harmed" by having them filtered to something else than I am by having to read it.

So we should filter anything that mildly annoys people? Nope, try a better reason to justify it. If having to read it is no big deal, then it'll be no problem to remove the filter. You can just ignore it or filter these things yourself.
>>
>>381503
>Oh, that's very cute.
If everyone stopped whining this instant the current status quo would continue for another N months, which would be keeping the filters in place.

>So we should filter anything that mildly annoys people?
Did anyone say that? No, that's retarded slippery slope shit you invented just now.
>>
>>381508
>If everyone stopped whining this instant the current status quo would continue for another N months, which would be keeping the filters in place.

Hasn't worked for other filters. I can't think of any that has sticked besides website filters.

>Did anyone say that? No, that's retarded slippery slope shit you invented just now.

Not at all. This is just a thing that mildly annoys you, and it being a meme doesn't change that. You could be sitting here bitching about actual problems.

This doesn't derail discussions. Explain the necessity for this filter.
>>
>>381527
>Hasn't worked for other filters. I can't think of any that has sticked besides website filters.
So you're just observing and aren't actually asking them to take them down?

>Explain the necessity for this filter.
It attracts children and retards, and lowers the quality of discussion.
>>
>>380862
>What purpose does this board's existence serve?
We really did need a fourth random board.
>>
>>380862
>mom I posted it again!
>>
>>381565
>So you're just observing and aren't actually asking them to take them down?

But I am.

>muh childrens and retards

You should throw in "degeneracy" and "shitposter" and "normie" in there. This is an anime board, and out of everything you could complain about your idea for tackling "retards" is to ban harmless ackronyms.

This is the type of person who advocates filters. Are you people surprised?

>>381599
Just because you browse this board 24/7 doesn't mean others do, especially those who make threads you've already heard of.
>>
>>381611
Normie should also be on the filter list.

>out of everything you could complain about your idea for tackling "retards" is to ban harmless ackronyms.
Small fish first.
>>
>>381616

They're not even fish. It's the equivalent of posting "kek" at the end of your post, and you're the equivalent of someone dismissing said post and raging about the "kek". I'm sure you'd want that filtered as well, and if that's the case I can completely disregard your entire useless and completely retarded opinion of "people inserting three-letter-ackronym memes into their harmless posts is shitposting and should be banned".
>>
>>381611
>this is an anime board

Uhhhh what
>>
>>381621

See >>381391
>>
>>381620
If kek got fucking everywhere and completely ruined the discourse of 4chan that would be reasonable, but it's not that widespread.
>>
>>381626
>completely ruined discourse
>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>381626
Kek is pretty damn widespread. You're telling me such harmless three-letter ackronyms are ruining the discourse of 4chan? They don't derail threads. Compare this with "DUDE WEED LMAO" and "DUDE WEED LMAO" is more disruptive and pointless than someone expressing their opinion in a popular ackronoym. This is down-right autistic. No, I'm not repeating the old "autism" meme, this is literally autistic. You are annoyed by a popular ackronym, can't understand it, and dismiss it as shitposting and asking for it to be filtered while ignoring other more pressing issues. That is autistic.
>>
>>381630
>Kek is pretty damn widespread.
Prior to the filters I'd wager I hadn't even seen it a tenth as much outside boards like [s4s].

>DUDE WEED LMAO
is already deletable on sight (if your board actually has moderation.)

>You are annoyed by a popular ackronym, can't understand it, and dismiss it as shitposting
It is shitposting, and it's already filtered.

>ignoring other more pressing issues.
People are dying all over the world of preventable disease RIGHT NOW, but since that's a hard problem to solve, we're complaining on 4chan instead. Autism.
>>
>>381636
No boards have moderation like that you fucking moron
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.