[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hiro, I think we should have a /safespace/ board where we can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 570x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 570x259
Hiro, I think we should have a /safespace/ board where we can express views without being insulted or critized and only people who agree with the threads that are in there can only respond to those said threads. I feel 4chan is a very harsh place and we need this in order to counterbalance the things that goes on here such as /pol/, /r9k/, the vulgarness of /b/ and /v/, and /int/ somewhat especially for minorities
>>
In 2ch they actually have separate threads for "X fans" and "X anti' so the people don't spend all day shitting on each other.

I don't know if it's enforced.
>>
>>380524
>>
>>380524
reddit please
>>
>>380524
World is a hard place, esxpressing your views on public spaces makes you open to critic and disagreeing opinions. Mature, learn to accept the consequences of your acts and to endure the world you live in.
What's the point of having a board of discussion where users interact with eachother only if they agree? Should we call it /on/ (Onanism board)? Does it do anyting other than inflating the poster's ego?
>>
>>380524
>Hiro, I think we should have a /safespace/ board where we can express views without being insulted or critized and only people who agree with the threads that are in there can only respond to those said threads. I feel 4chan is a very harsh place and we need this in order to counterbalance the things that goes on here such as /pol/, /r9k/, the vulgarness of /b/ and /v/, and /int/ somewhat especially for minorities
that's reddit you're looking for
>>
>>380524
That sounds fucking gay, dude.
>>
>>380592
Mind my triggers.
>>
>>380524
What a nice comfy world you live in that you never get insulted or criticized, so much so that the Internet is the most harsh place you ever been too.
>>
>>380524
Sometimes I feel the need to express an opinion that can potentially be viewed as negative by certain people and minority groups. If you're unable to accept that people let out their "negativity" by being crude or insulting by your standards then you should probably check your privilege.
You need to remember that sometimes people can't just bottle up their thoughts as this causes psychological damage in the long run to that individual, if you want any further help on this delicate topic you should consider suicide.
>>
>>380524
>only people who agree with the threads that are in there can only respond to those said threads

What's with this new trend of stifling free speech?

Nazism is alive and well today under the guise of tolerance.
>>
>>380655
the creation of new oppressed spaces doesn't actually affect your freedom of speech in any way

in real life it's different because real estate is limited
>>
>>380524
it's called /r/circlejerk
now fuck off
>>
>>380530
Someone posting a funny thread on 4chan asking for a safe space doesn't destroy my day. I can't believe it actually pisses others off.
>>
>>380850
Oh, nevermind, people took him seriously. Honestly I wonder why I associate myself with people who are both naive and tasteless. Either way I'm saging.
>>
>>380524
Safe space is elsewhere, like your social media platform of choice. Don't go to 4chan if that is what you wish for, that's pretty dumb.
>>
>>380699
/r/circlejerk is basically reddit's version of /s4s/ though.
>>
I honestly like the idea of a hugbox-board where no insults or swearwords are allowed.
Those should be the only rules.
>>
>>382165
>he thinks people won't get creative and troll people into suicide by implications and other devices
>>
>>380524
>I think we should have a /safespace/ board where we can express views without being insulted
This is unironically a good idea, I've been using a forum with strict rules on random baseless insults and flaming and the quality of discussion is many times higher than on boards where the response to an argument is "fuck you you faggot fuck cunt" type shit.
>>
>>382184
The board needs to be heavily moderated of course.
I honestly like this idea, 100% serious here. It's just one board, so what's the problem?
>>
>>382201
It brings a toxic mindset to our community. 4chan isn't a hugbox and shouldn't be.
>>
>>382205
>4chan isn't a hugbox and shouldn't be.

4chan's now the hugbox of the deranged
>>
>>382205
It's just one board, I don't see how it could spread.
The rules would of course clarify that the hugbox-board is an exception, not like the rest of the site.
>>
>>382214
first you attrack hugbox minded users, then they get all over 4chan
>>
>>382201
This idea would only be reasonable if it were limited to matters of taste and opinion. Like talking about your favorite video game, movies/shows, music, etc..

Any other topics in which matters of facts and logic are important and such a board would be a complete failure.
>>
>>382205
4chan is 12 years old. In that time we've added... what... how many boards?

4chan wasn't a place for papercraft/origami before /po/ was added, and then it happened, and now it exists, and it stays there, and nobody talks about /po/ outside of /po/.

You're free to not go to /hugbox/ and you're also free to tell people to go back to >>>/hugbox/ all you like.
>>
>>382220
Certain topics has to be avoided, that's obvious. Even discussing movies might be too much, because people might have different opinions and suddenly there's a big argument with insults being used.
Heavy moderation is needed.
>>
>>380524
>I want a circlejerk echo chamber for my feelings
Sounds like you're looking for reddit.
>>
>>382225
>This idea would only be reasonable if it were limited to matters of taste and opinion. Like talking about your favorite video game, movies/shows, music, etc..
there's a difference between a hobby and a mentality
If getting called a cuck triggers you, you should fuck off 4chan.
>>
>>382231
If people having a board that you don't like triggers you then you should continue to shitpost and whine about it because that's how 4chan works and it's the most effective way to do anything.

Ideally, nobody would be allowed to talk about anything.
>>
>>382231
>difference between a hobby and a mentality.

Then you agree we should delete /pol/ and /r9k/.
>>
>>382231
the explosion of cuck is just absurd when it occurs in boards where nobody has ever been in a relationship with a girl

there's no need to be triggered because somebody uses "virgin" as an insult but it's still annoying to some boards due to the fact that it's a word loaded with standards that are, to put it, foreign to the community
>>
>>382237
nope, because both the contrarian mentality and autism are part of 4chan's identity
>>382238
"cuck" is currently used for its metonymic value, as a more insulting version of "spineless"
it's a figure of speech and you're too autistic to realize it
>>
>>382242
>"cuck" is currently used for its metonymic value, as a more insulting version of "spineless"
it's there to imply that they would (if they weren't total losers who were incapable of getting a girlfriend or wife in the first place) enjoy seeing said girlfriend or wife being fucked by what is presumably a well-endowed black man

the original baggage and implied standards are all still there
>>
>>382242
>nope, because both the contrarian mentality and autism are part of 4chan's identity

You seem to be very good at telling when a new thing might cause problems, but really REALLY bad at telling when something that currently already exists is causing problems.

You seem incapable of reflecting on the past or looking in the mirror.

The status quo is not the way things should be. It's simply the way things are.

Are you seriously happy with absolutely everything in the world as it presently is? Are you seriously that scared of the future?

Are you afraid of getting old?
>>
>>382249
it implies you have as little self respect as an actual cuckold
>>382252
>current 4chan is problematic
I want 4chan to stay 4chan. You can fuck off to reddit if you like that mindset more.
>>
>>382257
>it implies you have as little self respect as an actual cuckold
it implies that you would literally enjoy watching another man fuck your wife if you had one, and also that you are such a worthless male that if you had a girlfriend or wife she would cheat on you with someone less worthless.

i don't even understandable how it's possible to claim that it has nothing to do with the term it was derived from
>>
>>382257
>Problematic

Go back to tumblr with that shit.

Also go back to reddit where people have a problem with people on tumblr using the term problematic.
>>
File: image.jpg (276 KB, 1936x1288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276 KB, 1936x1288
>>382205
>It brings a toxic mindset to our community.
>community

While the boards are fun and all I wouldn't even want to meet even 1% of the people that go on here regularly except maybe /k/
>>
I support this. We should have something like this
>>
>>382260
>it implies that you would literally enjoy watching another man fuck your wife if you had one, and also that you are such a worthless male that if you had a girlfriend or wife she would cheat on you with someone less worthless.
because you have so little self respect you literally wouldn't mind being a literal cuck, that's what it means
>>
File: 1440975118523.png (2 MB, 1280x1149) Image search: [Google]
1440975118523.png
2 MB, 1280x1149
>>382311
>While the boards are fun and all I wouldn't even want to meet even 1% of the people that go on here regularly except maybe /k/
furfag degenerate detected
>>
>>382522
>that image
>probably typed while his mom is yelling at him to come downstairs and eat some dinner.
>>
>>380592
Bigot
>>
>>380655
Are you being ironic?
>>
>>380655
You don't need to compare stifling of free speech to nazism when /pol/ literally has nazis.
>>
>>380524
We already have one. It's called /s4s/.
>>
File: post girls threads on co.png (372 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
post girls threads on co.png
372 KB, 640x480
I'm pretty sure OP is the same person who has been making those "Black Lives Matter board" threads.
>>
>anons make fun of safe spaces ignoring that /pol/, /r9k/ etc are basically self moderated safe spaces that chase out any view that dares criticize their idea they are a perfect Nazi ubermensch and everything wrong with the world has nothing to do with them, but is a grand cultural marxist SJW conspiracy.
>>
/pol/, stop false-flagging, we know it's you ironically shitposting so you can claim the SJWs really do want to take over 4chan and so you can justify your shitposting that you do all across 4chan.
>>
>>382214
>I don't see how it could spread
Then you dont know how this site and internet works.
>>
>>382727
You know what's the fucking worst.

I've never actually seen "SJWs" post on 4chan. It doesn't happen, they stay in their own communities like Ghazi and on twitter.

All the outrage culture bullshit on 4chan, literally 100% of it is right wing edge lords having a cry about something someone said on Kotaku or Twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhLYfLmKMFg

Mecha's video on it is so fucking accurate it hurts.
>>
>>382732
I'm sure it does actually happen from time to time, but the majority of it (e.g.: this thread, the whole SJW mods thing during the GamerGate era, etc.) is very much contrived or falsified by ironic shitposters or people looking to control the narrative so they can justify idiocy across 4chan in the forms of witch hunts ("JIDF, shill, Jew, Tumblr, SJW!"), derailing threads with sociopolitical garbage that have nothing whatsoever to do with them, and silencing dissent by claiming they're victims of the 4chan SJW conspiracy when they're told that maybe they should take their political ramblings back to /pol/, where political discussion belongs.
This thread is not made in earnest in the slightest.
>>
I'm for this
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.