[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BAN UNDERTALE FROM /v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
Why has nothing been done about the constant Undertale spam for 3 months? /vg/ exists for a reason but it seems mods have forgotten all about it. Now more than ever, we need a quarantine on these threads.
If Katawa Shoujo took a month to be quarantined, and Indivisible took a day after funding to be banned, I see no reason why this game is still allowed to be posted.
>>
>>380263
It's being spammed because it's good. Also, Katawa Shoujo threads are still allowed.
>>
>>380272
>It's being spammed because it's good
More like because viral marketers got paid

OP is right
>>
>>380272
That poll is so obviously rigged, its insane
>>
No, wait, its being raided by /v/ and tumblr for undertale. Fucking why? How retarded can you guys get? Having OOT win would case more butthurt
>>
>>380272
Doesn't mean shit, /v/ rule 6 should be enforced regardless of game quality.
Are you forgetting Katawa Shoujo had a board made to contain it?
>>
>>380282
Undertale isn't vote stuffing. The biggest attempted vote stuff yesterday was a guy who used a bot to create 643 accounts and vote... for SSBM. He, like all other cheaters, were easily caught and their votes ignored.

If we restricted voting just to Comcast users in the US (the most popular ISP, with around 15% of the total vote), UT wins 51.13% to 48.87%, which is extremely close to the actual result.
>>
>>380289
>Having OOT win would case more butthurt

Really? All the butthurt on /v/ about Undertale sure seems to suggest otherwise.
>>
>>380281
I'm glad the mods decided to start banning people who use the word shill.
>>
>>380307
Undertale is the current fad game. No one would be surprised or upset if it won a poll for 'best game ever'. Because, again, its a fad and if it was done like 2 years done the line, it would of lost very early on, but people would be upset if it won then. No one is going to be surprised by OOT losing, because while good, it isn't that great. No one would really be surprised by OOT winning either, but, tumblr and fad goers would be upset if undertale lost

The current vs is a pretty poor match to upset anyone really, and only one of them really has a chance of causing any upset
>>
>>380321
Go read the GameFAQs boards right now. You're gonna see a LOT of upset people.
>>
http://kotaku.com/undertale-is-tearing-gamefaqs-apart-1747991599
>>
>>380272
>undertale
>good
>OoT
>SJW

This is exactly the reason why undertale should be banned. It's insultingly mediocre.
>>
>>380365
Too bad for you, you're in the minority and it won't be banned. Stay salty, kid.
>>
>>380372
>is literally the only guy itt defending it
lmao
>>
>>380372
Regardless of your opinion of the game, it doesn't need thirty constant threads on /v/. Something has to be done.
>>
>>380347
A small group of forum faggots isn't really what I'm looking for. It needs to have scale to have beauty. If the majority of redditors and /v/ermin are getting upset about it, then I would agree

>>380377
>t doesn't need thirty constant threads on /v/
I'm not a /v/ermin, but isn't that sort of shit supposed to be dumped onto /vg/
>>
>>380382
Yes. It has a general, but I have the suspicion that most undertalers don't realize that.
>>
>>380390
Since when do generals mean you aren't allowed to create a thread about a game?

Also don't people bitch about generals even existing? But it's suddenly very important to consolidate everything into a general when it's a game you dislike.
>>
>>380398
Generals exist for recurring games. I think when you have 20 threads for a game daily for 3 months, it's time to move to the general.
>>
>>380398
It doesn't, I just feel that if people actually realized there's a permanent undertale thread on /vg/ they probably wouldn't bring it to /v/.

People bitch about a lot of things. /vg/ exists for a reason.
>>
>>380382
It's GameFAQs, dude. The result isn't going to piss off anybody but GameFAQs themselves, regardless of what it is. And which do you think would piss them off more, their beloved OoT winning once again or an indie game they've never heard of taking the throne? If you guessed Undertale, you're right.
>>
>>380263
>please ban video games from /v/
kill your self you autist
>>
>>380427
Funny, that's the same argument they used for LoL and Starcraft 2 before /vg/
>>
>>380434
they are also video games that still get threads on /v/ please kill yourself
>>
I'm gonna go create an Undertale thread on /v/ because of this thread.
>>
Not gonna link it though because the last time I linked a post of my own some chucklefuck deleted it. I immediately reposted it and it went undeleted.
>>
Well, I can't blame them for deleting a post that was meant to troll, but calling it a general is a pretty shitty excuse considering it did not even resemble one. At least hit me for rule 6 or something. Fucking coward mods.

/v/ has a moderation problem but it's not what you think.
>>
>>380263
Undertale is fine, gamefags shit is not.
>>
>>380272
>Also, Katawa Shoujo threads are still allowed.
They actually aren't. KS threads frequently get deleted when mods are making their bi-monthly stroll through /v/. VNs outside of /vg/ and /jp/ are against the rules.

But yeah, mods need to pull a Homestuck and tell Undertale to fuck off to /vg/. Shit's getting ridiculous.
>>
>>380263
Just filter it if you don't like it you self-entitled faggot
>>
File: There's more.png (98 KB, 1184x759) Image search: [Google]
There's more.png
98 KB, 1184x759
>>380321
Yeah man, nobody's getting upset.
>>
>>381200
Refer to
>>380382
>>
>>381249
Refer to
>>380413
>>
File: Answers.png (47 KB, 1163x581) Image search: [Google]
Answers.png
47 KB, 1163x581
"GameFAQs is 4chan"
>>
Dude's posting right now if you wanna challenge him.
>>
wow this situtaion is just like the MLP
>>
>>380281
>someone likes a game.
>They must be a marketer.
>>
>>380281
What percentage of the 50k that undertale was produced on went to the viral marketting budget?
>>
>>381711
it actually basically is /v/ light without the ebin reaction images and with nazi moderation.
>>
>playing a memeshit memetier memegame
meme yourself
>>
>game comes out
>/v/ likes it
>it gets popular
>autists flock to it
>/v/ hates it with a burning passion

It is impossible to actually discuss videogames on /v/. There are so many people who bandwagon things for the sake of looking "popular' on an anonymous imageboard that they completely shut down any conversation about it. Remember /a/ and their Naruto threads? Similar problem, except somehow it's worse.
>>
>>380263
>Katawa Shoujo took a month to be quarantined

KS, Starcraft and LoL generals were tolerated for nearly a year before /vg/ was made to get rid of them.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.