[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the admiration for him just a meme or are people actually serious?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: pg-20-nude-celebs-3-getty.jpg (464 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
pg-20-nude-celebs-3-getty.jpg
464 KB, 2048x1536
I've been here since the early days and about midway through he was nothing more than a shit leader for 4chan.The actual good changes he made were so far and in between. Plus he tried so hard to be Mark Zuckerberg and be "the face of 4chan" when that was the last thing the site needed. He folded to police inquiries in which he gave up user info, he tried to separate himself from the site with failed startups, he downplayed his financial earnings from the site as if people are incapable of doing basic math.

I just don't fucking get why people like this guy on any level. 4chan has always needed a faceless, inaccessible owner who wasn't out being a jackass at the site's expense and I'm glad he's gone.
>>
>>379285
Why don't you file an affirmative action lawsuit
>>
>>379293
You're trying to be funny but are too dumb to realize that reference doesn't even remotely apply here.
>>
>implying the people on this site aren't incapable of doing basic math
If you don't think of your fellow anon as fucking idiots then I doubt your claim of being here since "the early days"
>>
>>379294
Hey man
Why don't you file an affirmative action lawsuit
>>
>>379297
Are you saying no one here can do basic math? I see your point but if you're going to call me out, don't exaggerate to such an extreme level during the process.
>>
>>379285
>He folded to police inquiries in which he gave up user info
you deserve to be arrested if you post something illegal here desu
>>
>>379302
It wasn't even related to 4chan. It was "give us info on person because he may have done something illegal offsite".
>>
>>379285
He wanted freedom of speech for anyone without identity, but saw his dreams crushed with dank memes and epic dubs.
>>
>>379285
If moot was still here that malware problem on the front page would have been fixed by now easily.

However moot for the last 3-4 years or so was becoming more and more detached from this site. He no longer cared, and he started to ignore user complaints and criticisms that were mostly legit. After The Fappening happened, his sanity began to break and he realized he couldn't take dealing with the government anymore. GamerGate really broke him because his GF at the time worked for Gawker and apparently encouraged him to ban GamerGate talks from /v/, thus the massive migration that happened last year. His GF was also cheating on him the entire time, and only used him to get a promotion in Gawker.

moot was just a fucking idiot by the end. He no longer gave a shit and he let the mods do whatever they wanted to do. He just wanted out, to be far away from 4chan and move on with his life. The passion and love he had for this place long dried out.
>>
>>379383
Nice fanfic. Could you write one about brown elves using 4chan?
>>
>>379386
Hi mod, still mad you got exposed?
>>
>>379285
>he tried so hard to be Mark Zuckerberg and be "the face of 4chan"
telltale sign of someone being full of shit.

And don't even think this I'm here to defend moot
>>
>>379285
Moot was a horrible admin, and caused most of 4chan's worst problems with his negligence or malice.

He deserves public scorn.
>>
>>379436
Your post makes no sense, retard.
>>
>>379380
Ironically moot did the most to stamp out free speech on the site.
>>
>>379383
>moot was just a fucking idiot by the end. He no longer gave a shit and he let the mods do whatever they wanted to do. He just wanted out, to be far away from 4chan and move on with his life. The passion and love he had for this place long dried out.
Well would you care about a place that shat on you for over a decade?
>>
>>379458
He was shat on for being a terrible admin.
>>
>>379448
>>379285
how did he try to be another Zuckerberg?
>>
I fully supported every single decision made by moot. He literally did nothing wrong
>>
File: 1424744787902.jpg (37 KB, 320x278) Image search: [Google]
1424744787902.jpg
37 KB, 320x278
>>379285
Most people on 4chan are shy betas who fear any change that might pop our bubble world. Moot was a constant. Therefore there will always be some nostalgia associated to him.

I like Hiro though, I think he's doing a pretty good job. A hell of a lot better than I thought he would given his limited english skills and based on the initial impressions he made during his Q&A
>>
>>379616
>I think he's doing a pretty good job.
Going by this board people are starting to disagree.
>threads about ignoring /aco/ /d/
>threads about the malware
>threads about the downtime
>threads bout not doing anything about moderation
And so on.
Wouldn't be surprised if people start shitting on him like they did with moot soon.
>>
>>379623
I think he just moves really slow and 4chan users aren't exactly the most patient bunch. Not to mention probably 90% of the complaints are vague like "it's shit" without any actual feedback that he can go off of.
Even as a native english speaker I find it hard sometimes to know what the hell people here want because of the popular argumentative technique we see all the time on 4chan where people post as if their opinion is so obvious they don't need to explain themselves. It's an attempt to make their own post seem more credible than it actually is, and usually it comes from the people with the least obvious opinions that are in most need of explaining.
So nobody understands them and then they wonder why nothing ever gets done.
>>
>>379463
Nothing's stopping you from opening your own chan.
>>
>>379383
sauce on this story, pls
>>
>>379383
>For years I was a faggot, now I'm a cuck
Some of his final words from the live stream
>>
>>379654
it's bullshit
>>
moot is a fag, im glad he left.
>>
>>379646
well moot left, so maybe that is stopping him?
>>
>>381233
ty dubs anon

but in all seriousness, what was the real reason mootykins left us?
>>
>>381439
He just wanted to move on from 4chan and the Fappening was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. Keep in mind he started it when he was 15, 12 years ago. If you were almost 30 years old wouldn't you want to be known for something other than a website that blew up vans and hacked people?
>>
>malware on the front page
Wait what
>>
File: 1422039366967.png (36 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
1422039366967.png
36 KB, 300x100
>>379285
He was a shit, but he was our shit. He was our friend. I miss him.
>>
>>379623
What malware?
>>
>>381497
The front page redirects to malware if you don;t block it. Hiro acknowledged it was running javascript but it hasn't been fixed since all he did was swap adserver or something.
>>363834
Made people speculate that Chrome/Firefox may start to put up warnings about the site when you visit it if it is left.
>>
File: upset_frog.jpg (27 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
upset_frog.jpg
27 KB, 306x306
I wonder why he stupid enough to reveal his actual face. Why don't he just remained pseudonymous?
>>
compared to cuckboy moot, mook is pretty based.

watashi kokoro doki-doki desu, hiroyuki senpai.
>>
>>381450
this. After the Fappening, moot said in his q&a he went balls to the walls for us to keep 4chan alive. I can only imagine how many other things e had to deal with in term of keeping 4chan running and out of legal trouble
>>
>>381751
And you believed him? The site itself was fucking untouchable. Just because somebody who uses the site did something doesn't make the site liable.
>>
File: little girl.jpg (175 KB, 850x1271) Image search: [Google]
little girl.jpg
175 KB, 850x1271
moot was cute!
>>
>>381789
A) In a world where posting something someone else deems offensive on Facebook can get you fired from your job, I can only imagine what unholy shitstorm came moots ways when a bunch of slooty celebrities had their nudes leaked. There have been more idiotic reasons people have filed lawsuits against each other. Hell, Jennifer Lawrence was the front runner of celebrities trying to see "justice" done to those who leaked the pics.

B) Are you implying he left for another reason? If so, what reason would that be?
>>
He was a decent mod. Although most of the credit should be given to the other mods and janitors. And the users deserve credit too.

Instead of being grateful for the users he had, he always wanted more. The users were just a one ticket to fame in his mind. The people that say they like him are/were too dumb to realize it. And when it didn't happen he rage quit.
>>
>>381789
>>381789
Would you rather trust an opinion from moot or /pol/?
>>
>>381908
Considering moot constantly lied, /pol/
>>
>>381944
and what exactly did he lie about?
>>
>>379285
>people are starting to hate moot, just as he wanted it
>the revisionism is happening
>>
>>381627
but he didn't it was the Wall Street Journal that looked for him
>>
>>381944
and /pol/ doesn't lie for the sake of fitting things in its own narrative and to stir shit up?
you're hopeless deluded.
>>
>>381885
>The users were just a one ticket to fame in his mind

moot didn't really seem like the kind of guy who wanted to be that famous. I think he just wanted more people so that the site could be successful and sustain itself.

Though none of us really know what he was thinking.
>>
moot wasn't perfect, but he was a good guy. He kept the site running. In the end I can say that I do in fact respect moot for what he did with this site.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.