[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get a /dpt/ or computer science board?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1444274619635.jpg (297 KB, 1589x1191) Image search: [Google]
1444274619635.jpg
297 KB, 1589x1191
Can we get a /dpt/ or computer science board?
>>
>>378950
>that image
for what purpose?
does it keep it cooler?
>>
>>378959
No, in fact, it's a lot more dangerous to have it like that.

Your computer case not only helps block dust from collecting, it grounds the whole computer.

30 volts of static electricity and your RAM gets FRIED. Your motherboard has standoffs for a reason.
>>
>>379010
so, then what was the point of that image? why would someone do that?
>>
>>379014
Because they are bored
>>
>>379014
>why would someone do that
because it would get a lot of (You)s on /g/
>>
>>379018
I don't even get why, I've seen way gorier hanging setups in battlestation threads and no faggot mod ever stickied that shit.
>>
>>379018
>>379019
It's funny, calm down.
>>
>>379010
>weight of CPU heatsink bending motherboard
>video card free to sloppily move in the slot
>HDD in some odd position, probably going to jump around as it spins-up
>unused PS/2, probably doesn't even have a clicky keyboard.
>being corcerned about static damaging RAM when it's one of the cheapest parts
This is why we need /g/ without /v/ scum
>>
>>378959
that guy was one of those "I think different, people fear what they can't undestand" type
>>
>>379018
>>379019
>>379432
Jesus.
No wonder nobody tries to do anything interesting on 4chan anymore. I want to believe you idiots are just some special breed that's confined to /qa/, but I think there's people like you all over the site now.
>>
>>379492
no, the other people on the thread did interesting stuff. That guy was just tipping hard and replying with "you fear what you don't understand"
>>
>>379528
Believing oneself to be perfect is... often the sign of a delusional mind.
>>
>>379543
you have to be talking about me, but I don't see where that came from
>>
>>379557
I was quoting Star Trek. Well, I was quoting this, but this uses a sound clip from Star Trek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs4wKRHmiR8

As you can see, the followup is "Small words from a small being, trying to attack what it doesn't understand."
>>
File: haba.jpg (64 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
haba.jpg
64 KB, 640x640
>>379560
well, thanks for the song then
>>
>>379563
I think it's pretty nice.
>>
>>379528
I saw that thread, I didn't read the whole thing but I looked at all the posts that guy made where he uploaded these pictures and I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. He wasn't saying anything like that.
and before you find a quote in the archive, there's a difference between humorously stating something like "you fear what you don't understand" and being serious about it. But I don't even know why you would bring it up unless you actually thought he was serious about whatever he said. Look at the fucking pictures, the guy was obviously joking, everything he wrote was a joke. It was just to get a laugh.
>>
>>379601
idk man, I just thought he was serious. And fuck it, let's dig the archive, this is too funny:

>Most people on /g/ are afraid of technology. They use their prebuilt devices carefully within the bounds other people set for them, and they consider hardware scary magic. They think much the way children do who are taught by adults to fear the things they are not yet mature enough to handle. Like good little children, they discourage each other from stepping outside the limits their kek-masters have set for them, be those kek-masters corporate curryniggers or IRC neckbeards who consider the wiki a list of THE THINGS YOU ARE ALLOWED TO DO

>It is natural for them to react in fear and anger when they see hardware used outside the specifications of its warranty.

*pshh* nothing personel kid, I use my hardware outside the specifications of its warranty.
>>
>>379601
btw, I wasn't in the thread insulting the guy. I was doing stupid shit with my computer too. I was just answering >>378959 honetly
>>
>>379612
>>379621
Well I don't know about all that, but he had other shit hanging from his ceiling too.
In one of the pictures I think he had something like bananas hanging from his ceiling that you could see in the background of one of the pics.

So either he was joking or he's legitimately crazy.
>>
>>379612
watched to many richard stallman videos.
>>
/g/ is just awful
>>
>>379943
*awfully fun
ftfy
How did you manage to post right in the middle of the phrasse?
>>
File: 1330910520290.jpg (81 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1330910520290.jpg
81 KB, 600x450
PC gore thread?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.