[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Banning K-Pop Threads From /mu/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5
File: Lovelyz_Kpop2015_650.png (405 KB, 636x421) Image search: [Google]
Lovelyz_Kpop2015_650.png
405 KB, 636x421
K-Pop threads serve no purpose on the /mu/sic board on 4chan.

They're largely based around posting hundreds of photos of Asian women from K-Pop groups but there is very seldom any music actually discussed.

Threads like these appear at least on average 20-30 or more times a day. I don't spend enough time on the site to know the exact figures, but it's a ridiculous amount. By checking the archives you can see exactly how often these threads are being made and never fail to hit the bump limit.

These threads do not belong on /mu/. They are not music related. They serve no purpose, and they fill up the board with off topic threads, which is against the rules.

If anyone has anything to add, this thread will be open and active to do so.
>>
>haha kpop isn't music you know what i mean?

retards
>>
I talk about kpop all the time, we often watch kpop shows together. Yes images are posted, but 4chan is an imageboard.

What's wrong with that?
>>
>>377977
>didn't read the thread
>They're largely based around posting hundreds of photos of Asian women from K-Pop groups but there is very seldom any music actually discussed.
>>
Do /mu/fags not know how to filter threads or
>>
>>377979
>posting images on an imageboard

oh the horror, how will you cope?
>>
>i dont know how to filter
>whatever genres i dislike aren't classified as music
is this a troll thread?
>>
>>377980
Filtering doesn't do anything but hide the problem. They aren't music related. They should be flat out banned or moved to another board. Perhaps /s/ would be more appropriate.
>>
>>377973
I thought kpop moved to /trash/
>>
REEEEEEEE: The Thread
>>
>>377982
posting images is ok as long as you discuss music but you don't
>>
>>377984
>They aren't music related.
>kpop isn't music related

How dumb do you think you sound right now?
>>
>>377984
>They aren't music related
>its about kpop

why aren't these guys banned for wasting your time mods?

they make waifu threads daily where they dont talk about music at all
>>
>>377984
Any board that cannot self moderate obviously doesn't deserve outside help. It is your fault that /mu/ is falling to /v/ and /tv/s level

So fuck off with your lazy whining,
love /a/non
>>
>>377986
/trash/ is fucking useless
>>
>>377988
But I do discuss music.
>>
>>377987
>>377983
>>377982
>>377980
>>377977
>>377975
>>377989
>>377990
Literally the problem right here.
>>
>>377994
nice you figured out how to quote you fucking memer

you know mods can see your ip address right?
>>
The irony of course being that the rest of /mu/ constantly talks about music, right?
>>
>>377991
>cannot self moderate
>implying
That's besides the point anyway. Why the fuck do you think moderators are put in place? It's not our fault they actively participate in this circle jerk of waifus posting.
>>
>>377997
I'm not the one shit posting. I'm trying to actually discuss something and you're the one replying with asinine comments like that.
>>377998
You'd be surprised. It honestly happens more often than you'd think. Even the worst threads have more musical discussion than your average k-pop thread.
>>
>>378001
so you want to ban kpop threads, but you're also for free discussion?
>>
>>33053690
>>38181503

Merry Christmas everybody!
>>
File: file.png (389 KB, 1244x473) Image search: [Google]
file.png
389 KB, 1244x473
>>377980
They aren't just being dickheads, they are also raiding /mu/ threads with their shit

Today was the last straw when they started fucking with other threads and spamming the board
>>
>>378006
this is a fake picture lol like why are you all so upset buy a literal genera of music?
>>
>>378005
https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S38175391#p38181503
https://rbt.asia/mu/thread/S33046685#p33053690

for those who don't have a extension that redirects dead links to the archive.
>>
>>378008
>fake picture
SEARCH KPOP IN THE CATALOG.
>>
>>378002
Free discussion when rules are being followed. I know there is little moderation and 4chan is about anonymity but they largely have no music based discussion. I've said it about five times now. It's just people posting their favourite "waifus" and who they find the hottest, cutest prettiest, most petite etc. Majority aren't in it for the music. And male K-Pop members are almost never, ever posted.

If it was posted in /s/ absolutely no one would have an issue because it'd be 100% following the rules. It'd honestly probably attract more attention too.
>>
>>378006
Your board is meme central yet you decide to focus on this instead of the other issues. I remember when I used to go to /mu/ back in its metal era and people would attempt the same genre policing against indie and rap. It's immature as fuck and you won't accomplish anything aside from upsetting yourself.

Keep on doing what your heart tells you to though.
>>
please remove. nothing but cancer.
>>
>>378006
One faggot is spamming the board, and even in this case those threads are easily filterable.

Honestly of all the problems on /mu/ to bitch about you pick the one that can most easily be filtered and ignored.
>>
>>378012
>they largely have no music based discussion. I've said it about five times now.

And you're still wrong. I don't have any kpop pictures, I literally only go there for the music discussion.
>>
>>378014
>Your board is meme central
I'll agree with that much. But there are a lots of issues on all kinds of boards. You can only tackle so many at a time.
>>378019
You'd be a rare exception. I've been to many k-pop threads to check them out and 90% of it is foaming over asian women.
>>
>>378005
>>378009
Taking two quotes from moderators from two years ago (who most likely don't moderate anymore) isn't giving a solution now.

The climate has changed on moderation as seen by Wrestling being moved to /asp/ (moot himself said wrestling belonged on /sp/)
>>
>>378019
This is bullshit I've never seen actual discussion about music besides posting youtube videos to discuss the lewd dancing.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1908x921) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1908x921
wow its like people who like kpop had to move from one thread to another
>>
>>378021
To be honest, I was quite surprised wrestling had such a large following considering the obvious fake nature of it. /asp/ seems more appropriate, but I didn't really care about it being in /sp/ because they actually did talk about it properly.
>>
A solution to all of your problems: Filter
Learn how to use it, its there for a reason.

Also, i have a question. Do you hate the idea of 'general' threads or just the genre that is Korean pop?
>>
>>378025
it's the fact that they aren't music related and that they participated in board raids, including one happening right now in the /mu/ catalog
>>
>>378020
I'm sorry that the musical discussion of kpop isn't up to the standards of whatever fucking music theory degree you got.

the fact remains the threads are largely discussions of current trends in korean popular music, to include recent songs and news/discussion of the artists.

if you can't deal with that have you ever considered like, maybe, not going?
>>
>>378022
Preaching. >>>/mu/61000713

>>378025
Filtering is just covering the issue up. It's off topic and against the rules. And not everyone wants to filter everything. We hate K-Pop generals because they're off topic, against the rules, and are only based around sexy asian women which is completely against the rules. As I've fucking said, about 10 times now. Read the fucking thread before you say shit.
>>
If you fuckwits wanted any more proof.
>>
>>378028
You have incredibly bad reading comprehension don't you?
>>
It's the least of /mu/'s problems.
I'd much prefer mods to deal with blogging, pop shitposting, waifu threads you can't filter, cringe threads, /mu/ humour threads, endless reposts, tripfag circlejerks, forced memes, /soc/ crap, [s4s] crap, /r9k/ crap, /pol/ crap, /fa/ crap, "I'm sad gib recs", chart threads, last.fm, rym threads, 5 soundcloud threads at the same time, producers viralling their music.

And even if you removed all that, you've got a board that isn't aware of music outside of what p4k and fantano review.
>>
>>378036
>/soc/ crap
You mean threads like "guess personality" and all those derivative threads? They make me want to kill myself. So fucking pointless.
>waifu threads
I consider K-Pop as part of those. Although Lauren Mayberry threads are 10x worse.
>I'm sad gib recs
They're generally worse because they're often fully fledged green texts attached with "recs for this feel" just to make it seem music related.
>>
its music
>>
>>378032
>implying that's not false flagging
lmao are you actually retarded?
>>
>>378039
>implying this is definitive proof of false flagging
You'd never know either way.
>>
File: make a new thread retards.jpg (235 KB, 1741x920) Image search: [Google]
make a new thread retards.jpg
235 KB, 1741x920
>>
>>378036
fucking this (except I like some of the r9k crap)

there is nothing more newfaggy than hating on kpop threads
>wahahah those pictures of asian teenage girls are preventing me from bumping my Young Thug appreciation thread
>>
>>378043
>one anecdotal example
K-Pop threads are notoriously hated. For good reason.
>off topic
>against the rules
>no music discussion
>/s/ related content
>fill up the archives with about 20-30 threads a day
>>
ever since we got the thread on trash its been pretty good actually

less trips and lewd posting
>>
>>378044
do you even know what an anecdote is
>>
>>378049
Yes. Do you know what nit picking is?
>>
>>377988
>posting images is ok as long as you discuss music but you don't

do you go in every single kpop thread to check if theyre discussing music or not. im guessing you dont. kpop threads are valid on /mu/, nigger.
>>
>>378012

you just sound jealous of the korean qts
>>
I can see the problem here. I know it too well.
1. Make a thread that looks like it should be on the board.
2. Hardly any of the discussion that happens in the thread is actually about what that board was made for.
3. Endless empty defense of the thread happens every time someone says it shouldn't be on that board.

They're not saying the thread shouldn't exist in any form at all, ya dummies, they're saying it shouldn't be on that board because of what the regular posters have decided to turn it into. In this case, a massive circlejerk of not music on the music board.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.