[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So its come to my attention that /v/ has had a severe dip in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13
File: 1449791509094.jpg (406 KB, 588x874) Image search: [Google]
1449791509094.jpg
406 KB, 588x874
So its come to my attention that /v/ has had a severe dip in quality over the years. Normalfags and dudebros rampantly circlejerking over CoD, Madden, Fifa, and Fallout with some politics mixed in.

This is why I want to propose we initiate Trump style moderation on the board, and make /v/ usable again!

Basically
>people who discuss CoD, Fallout 4, FIFA, Madden, Life is Strange, or any other widely disagreed shit are banned
>people who bring up politics, be a Tumblrtard or a Stormfag, into threads are banned
>people who yell about how gamers or /v/irgins are "entitled manchildren" are banned
>people who yell about how people being "thirsty children" are banned
>people who spam the same threads (Undertale)
>people who partake in consolewars are banned
>people who partake in eceleb threads are banned
>people who defend on disk DLC, microtransactions, or cut content being resold are banned
>people who brag about having a girlfriend, going to parties, or getting high are banned
>people who complain about chink toons are banned

While you may argue that this goes against "freeze peach", keep in mind that in order for peace unity to be kept some must go where no man has gone before. This is the true change we need.
>>
>>375742
Kill yourself weeaboo cunt

You are not helping
>>
>>375742

You are most likely aware that the changes you proposed will never get implemented, and this entire thread simply exists to start a large argument.
>>
>>375742
>waah why isn't my board a weeb hugbox anymore, people should not talk about games I don't like!

Also /v/ was never good
>>
File: 1447723947967.jpg (92 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1447723947967.jpg
92 KB, 750x750
>>375750
>waah why isn't my board a weeb hugbox anymore
This entire website was meant to be Moots weeb hugbox. The entire existance of the word "weeb" was because he wordfiltered Wapanese.

You need to go back.
>>
>>375742
If you sincerely cared about the quality of 4chan in general, you would not have started this argument. You are fishing for replies, and therefore are the very problem you are complaining about
>>
>>375753
Come on faggot it's 2015
>>
>>375756
Yeah!!!!
everyone nos dat Reddit.com is the true place for discussion!

all my upvote! XD
>>
>>375764
Fuck off
>>
>>375742
>Trump style moderation
You mean rangeban all mexican and middle-eastern IPs?
>>
>all these newfags shooting down any and all suggestions of better moderation throughout this board
>doesn't remember how great /v/ was during the creation of /vg/, when moderation was at it's highest

We need those times back again
>>
It would be great but I see no chance of it happening and the problem is likely to get much worse
>>
>>375840

There is a big difference between "better moderation" and "ban people whose tastes are different from mine".
>>
>>375854
there should be an /va/ - antisocial video games
>>
>comparing Life is Strange to those AAA games
Baka. Anyone who hates that game is either from /pol/ or never played past the first episode.
>>
>>375854
There is a bigger difference between tastes different than mine and being unresolvable cancer killing all in its path
>>
That would be too much work for the mods to do. Just split it into East/West.
>>
>>375742
Agree with all this except the anime part.

Create a separate board for all industry news and developer gossip, including censorship and the like.
>>
>>375868
>people who don't like a game are from /pol/

Some straight up Gone Home delusion here folks
>>
>>375753

>moot

Too bad he's not here anymore faggot, it's irrelevant what he wanted.
>>
>>375974
Not really considering out new owner is a gook behind 2ch.

>>375935
The big problem with the E/W split is that:
>most liberal SJWs who shitpost also post smug anime
>this cancels out classic game discussion
>Nintendrones and Sonyggers are technically Japanese.
>>
>>376223
Sounds perfect. Puts all the faggotry with the weebs. Weebs and faggotry go hand in hand, so it completely separates the cancer from /v/ and lets us have proper discussions about games with actual mechanics instead of whyfoo faggotry.
>>
>>376225
>and lets us have proper discussions about games with actual mechanics
Like what?
Halo's health regeneration?
Call of Duty's auto aim and DLC?
Fallout's ""roleplaying""

While weebs and waifufags can be shit, a western board would be flooded with Facebook migrants sharing PSN accounts for 1v1 quickscoping matches. It would be 20x worse then eastern /v/.
>>
>>376227
>Implying there's that many CoD or Halo threads
>Cherrypicking and sweeping generalizations: the post

Also, nothing is more pathetic than weebs. Bronies are equally sad because they're just an alternate skinned form of the same cancer.
>>
File: will.png (300 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
will.png
300 KB, 500x500
>>376225
>proper discussions about games
>In a board filled with PCfags, dudebros and indies
>>
Does /v/ even have 4am and late night deep sea threads anymore?
>>
>>376223
>>this cancels out classic game discussion
Good, that's why /vr/ exists.
>>
File: leddit.png (216 KB, 1581x891) Image search: [Google]
leddit.png
216 KB, 1581x891
>>376232
There's nothing wrong with being "pathetic" on 4chan. Go back to reddit to circlejerk over your dudebro garbage, faggot. Look at this, nothing but shitty Western AAA games on every page. You would feel right at home.
>>
I want you to initiate harakiri, you fucking /qa/ncer faggot.
/v/ is fine. It's doing better than it did 5 years ago. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>376252
>Cries about wanting a hugbox
>Tells someone to go "back" to reddit
>While going to reddit himself

Sounds like you're the one that should stay in reddit.

>>376247
>Proper discussions about "games" that actually aren't games
>In a board filled with blatant /a/, /h/, /cgl/ off topic content, visual novels, whyfoo faggotry, gay ERP, loli shit, and other rule breaking shit

I'll stick with a western board free from the filth of braindead weeb cancer.
>>
>>376248
It gets somewhat better at nighttime. But /v/ does need mods to actually ban shitty threads like SJW shit and e-celeb shit instead of threads that they think violate or trigger them
>>
File: Falco cup.png (57 KB, 548x546) Image search: [Google]
Falco cup.png
57 KB, 548x546
>>376256
Have you ever considered using filters?

And no, it wouldn't work, /v/'s userbase is too big, too underage and too accustomed to the mediocrity of cookie cutter threads (JUST, e-celeb shit, Now that the dust has settled...), not to mention the obvious posters from tumblr and reddit who go there just to meme. Splitting it would only create crossboarders with dynamic IPs to stir up console wars on both sides, it wouldn't fix your need to grow thicker skin and just hide the shit you don't like.
>>
File: 4 (1).png (481 KB, 817x612) Image search: [Google]
4 (1).png
481 KB, 817x612
>>376232
>>Implying there's that many CoD or Halo threads
There are fuckloads of Call of Duty and Halo shill threads faggot, not to mention I got told to go "back to Reddit" one time for explaining how CoD is shit.

/v/ is beyond fixing

>>376249
/vr/ has a policy about their games (I think nothing over 1999/5th generation)

Not to mention shit like Mount & Blade, E.Y.E and many other games that will be impossible to discuss.

>>376256
Look, we get it, you are Facebook cancer who just stumbled upon 4chan without lurking. That doesn't excuse you for bitching about weaboo shit on a weaboo website
>>
>>376284
>Minority of board topics are weeaboo
>B-BUH MUH BOARD ORIGIN IN 2005 THAT HAS NO INDICATION ON THE CURRENT STATUS OF THE SITE BY A MILE

Keep shitposting due to some self entitled feeling based off poorly deduced, invalid logic.
>>
>>376256
>In a board filled with blatant /a/

Yeah, there are anime that have videogame adaptions. What's wrong with it?

>/h/

u wot.

>/cgl/ off topic content

Wold belong on both board. It's the mod's fault for not deleting those anyway.

>visual novels

Western /v/ would take the worst ones, like Life is Tumblr, Gone Homo and other Western made indie crap on Steam.

>whyfoo faggotry

Nothing wrong with vidya related waifus.

>gay ERP

Those are deleted.

>loli shit

Vidya related lolis you mean? Nothing wrong with them either.

Get BTFO WestcĂșck.
>>
>>376290
WestacĂșcks like you are the minority on /v/ outside of your shitposting threads about the latest AAA Western cancer. The Fallout and Undertale shitposting is almost dying down already, and now /v/ is back to being predominantly about Jap games.
>>
>>376294
>>373962

Yup, totally minority. Except for the fact that your weeb boards are not only minority in count, but also in activity. GG no RE weebfags. You were never relevant.
>>
>>376296
>on /v/

WestacĂșcks confirmed for having zero reading comprehension.
>>
>>376300
Weebs are the minority period.

You're just a super vocal minority when it comes to shitposting. Still a minority nonetheless.
>>
>>376301
>Weebs

Your buzzword is irrelevant. Most of the discussion on /v/ is about Japanese games, not Western garbage. It still didn't turn into leddit completely yet.
>>
>>376290
Yes, if a creator of the website, THEIR PRODUCT, says it was meant for the circlejerking of weaboos, even signifying this more by adding weaboo artwork above the website, then it means this is a weaboo website.

This website is meant to attract weaboos, not edgy Filthy Frank fans who sperg over people watching anime.

>>376296
>guise forchinz ins't weeb becuz my graffs tell me!
Your graphs also tell you that /v/ and /b/ are the majority, something even the other normalfag boards want to avoid.
>>
>>376323
They want to avoid it because /b/ is full of retards and lolifags (therefore weebs) and the majority of /v/'s shitposting which again is contributed by the vocal minority of weebs see >>376256

Also, again. What the board was like in 2003 has nothing to do with the current state of the board whatsoever.
>>
>>376326
>/b/ is full of retards and lolifags (therefore weebs)
You mean underages who spam the same "YLYL" and "r8 muh dick" thread every day?

>which again is contributed by the vocal minority of weeb
You mean the consolewarriors and Redditors who keep pushing shitty memes and derail threads with TRANNYZ R PPL?

>Also, again. What the board was like in 2003 has nothing to do with the current state of the board whatsoever.
Except that this is the same website from 2003 with extra built onto it.
Look, I don't get whats hard, if you are going to be complaining about how weaboos ruin everything then why are you on a website that originated as a weaboo circlejerk for a few good years?
>>
>>376326
/v/ would be a decent board if it's content was exclusively Japanese. I don't give a fuck about WestacĂșck games, e-celebs or SJW talk.
>>
>>375742
>Normalfags and dudebros rampantly circlejerking over CoD, Madden, Fifa, and Fallout with some politics mixed in.
I saw some threads about cod but those were always rare. Madden and fifa are 100% dead on /v/ but active on /sp/ so this is a very obvious sign you don't even browse the board.
Now fuck off with the obvious shitposting.
>>
>>376232
>he cares about being pathetic and autistic on fucking 4chan which is meant to be a place for nerdy niche hobbys
Congrats, you are the fucking problem.
>>
why do people get so triggered by those "eceleb" threads? video game players and reviewers are game related you idiots
>>
>>376291
>>376294
>>376300
>>376342
Why don't you just fuck off you raging weeaboo autist?

>>376252
>>376556
Go back to /r9k/ fucking retards
>>
Dudebros and weeaboos are two sides of the same coin, both are total cancer
>>
If you fucking weebs hate western games and media so much why don't you move to Japan yet?
>>
>>376697
>Go back to /r9k/ fucking retards
That wasn't my point, you fucking moron. You are on a fucking site made for people to discuss and go autistic about their nerdy hobbys and you are worrying about being deemed pathetic and weird
>>
>>376700
The Japanese government and their culture are shit
>>
>>376700
The elevens produce some real fucking good media, everything else about it, besides history, is shit
>>
>>376691
Some people have a very narrow view of what videogames are. Some people don't consider discussion of anything in the industry to be video game related, or discussion of devs, or even story.

I don't agree, but I do think a board split would make things a lot less tense. People on a /vc/ board could chill and watch AVGN or stream games with each other, and people on /vi/ could talk about the greater workings of the industry
>>
>>376703
>>376707
I fucking love how paranoid weebs are that they'll get called out for their weebery, so they have to condition themselves to hate Japan
>>
>>376800
The irony in your fucking post. Weeb is nothing more than a term for Japanaphile, people who fucking suck Japans dick and think its the best in the world, not people who like anime or manga.

If you actually used /a/, you'd find its actually devoid of weebs and anyone who sucks japans dick get laughed at because its actually not that great of a place
>>
>>376808
>THERE ARE NO WEEEEEEBS ON 4CHAN!
>STOP SAYING MY TRIGGER WORD

You cïž‚ïž‚uïž‚cïž‚ks make me sick
>>
>>376817
>if i cant using a word incorrectly m-maybe one day i can change its meaning!
>>
>>376835
Yes, that's exactly what weebs are trying to do.

It isn't working, because they're the only ones who get buttblasted about their made-up semantics
>>
File: clapping trap.gif (780 KB, 576x506) Image search: [Google]
clapping trap.gif
780 KB, 576x506
>>376862
The only one buttblasted here is you, who gets incredibly upset at the sight of anime
>>
File: 1432875320579.jpg (79 KB, 388x402) Image search: [Google]
1432875320579.jpg
79 KB, 388x402
>>376697
>>376700
>WestacĂșck can't win an argument so he has to resort to name calling
>>
>>376864
>NO U!

>>376870
>implying you had any arguments
>>
>>376808
>western games suck /v/ should only talk about my glorious Nihon games which are objectively better!
If that by your arbitrary definition is not a weeaboo you are a complete fucktard
>>
>>376908
>implying Japanese games aren't better than Western shit

Enjoy your cinematic dudebro tumblr crap.
>>
>>376910
Yes I'd rather enjoy games with actual mechanics than waifu bait garbage, grindfests and Visual novels with terrible gameplay
>>
>>375742
>>376227
>>376252
>>376910
You have no fucking right to bitch about CoD, Halo and dudebros if you unironically buy lowest weeaboo trash like Neptunia, Senran Kagura and Dead or Alive just to spite "le evil SJWs"
Same with your awful Touhou games, which have created the most autistic fanbase on the internet
>>
>>376913
>buy
>>
/v/ is beyond saving
>>
>>376911
>terrible gameplay

You're talking about Western trash now?

>>376913
>You have no fucking right to bitch about CoD, Halo and dudebros

It's not just that, there's not a single modern Western game worth playing made past 2007.

>Senran Kagura and Dead or Alive

Those have good gameplay at least. The fanservice is just a bonus. That's more than what can be said about your Western shit.
>>
>>376933
Senran Kagura is impossible to pirate. Don't bullshit him.
>>
>>375742
Half of those are good ideas but the other half are "boo hoo people are creating threads about a game I don't like on a video game board." I wish stupid people with an agenda didn't post their ideas on this board.
>>
>>376949
I'm going to pirate it [spoiler] on PC.[/spoiler] And maybe buy it later if I like the game.
>>
>>376946
>Those have good gameplay at least
LMAO

You retarded weeaboos are so delusional
>>
File: 1448415833374.jpg (57 KB, 498x720) Image search: [Google]
1448415833374.jpg
57 KB, 498x720
>>376911
>I'd rather enjoy games with actual mechanics
if you actually think Call of Duty, a game a five-year-old can pick up, is a mechanically deep game then you need to kill yourself for having such a low IQ

>>376913
point still stands all of those are a lot deeper than any Call of Duty game

>>376956
as I said some freedom of speech needs to go if you want to protect you're board from underages who support cancer and have never played a video game in their life
>>
>>377041
what do you think is good gameplay?
>>
>>377043
Call of Duty has about equal amount of depth as your retarded waifu simulators
>hurr durr kill yourself

>freedom of speech needs to go
you are not even pretending to be unbiased, just fuck off
>>
>>377043
>posts meme waifu
Opinion discarded
>>
Weeaboos are a burden of society.
>>
>>377041
>>377047

Senran Kagura is Dynasty Warriors with booby ninjas. Also, has interested boss fights. Dead or Alive is a fighting game. Don't talk about games you never played, stupid WestacĂșck.
>>
>>377060
Yeah because you totally played every Western game released in recent years o say they are all shit
Shut the fuck up weebshitter
>>
>>377060
>Dynasty Warriors with booby ninjas
And incredibly dumbed down gameplay

>Dead or Alive is a fighting game
And there are many better ones
>>
File: La-Mulana-EX_logo.jpg (2 MB, 3500x1800) Image search: [Google]
La-Mulana-EX_logo.jpg
2 MB, 3500x1800
>>377062
I did play a good chunk of them to have a general opinion on it. All were shit except a few indie games, but Japan makes better indie games as well.
>>
>>377068
>All were shit
If they were made in your precious chinkland you would love them
You are clearly biased

Just learn Japanese and move there and stop being a shame to your country
>>
>>377060
>>377068
You would literally eat a piece of shit if I told you it was form Japan, LMAO
>>
File: 1444439720566.jpg (47 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1444439720566.jpg
47 KB, 620x670
>>377069
>he actually thinks modern Western games aren't garbage

Go back to leddit, kid.

I don't even have anything against older Western games. It's only the modern cancer that I hate the most.
>>
>>376268
We need to actually report shitposting. Enough of this ignore all the haters shit, because that mentality is the reason why noting ever gets done
>>
Yeah let's be honest, you westakeks are getting beyond triggered in this thread. If you can't stand a little bit of anime related stuff, then perhaps you should go to a site that caters toward your western fetishes, like Neofag
>>
>>377085
>weeaboos get called out
>they start calling others mad
ayy lmao

I can easily ignore all the anime related bullshit, but not the retards who claimtheir shitty games are better
>>
>>375840
Trust me I want better moderation, but it just seems like the mods don't care. They left up off topic threads for hours before and didn't do shit
>>
File: Western vs Japanese boss fights.jpg (986 KB, 1284x2968) Image search: [Google]
Western vs Japanese boss fights.jpg
986 KB, 1284x2968
>>377091
>I disregard a game with good gameplay and other positive qualities because it has a style I don't like
>I only like gritty realistic cinematic shit with "PRESS X TO WIN" gameplay
>>
File: 1349855223004.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1349855223004.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>375742
>>people who discuss CoD, Fallout 4, FIFA, Madden, Life is Strange, or any other widely disagreed shit are banned
>ban people for discussing video games
>>people who brag about having a girlfriend, going to parties, or getting high are banned
>being so much of a fucking autist that people talking about having a social life outside of an anonymous imageboard triggers you
>>people who yell about how gamers or /v/irgins are "entitled manchildren" are banned
>>people who defend on disk DLC, microtransactions, or cut content being resold are banned
>>people who complain about chink toons are banned
>ban everyone who disagrees with me

fucking hell, if you want your feelings to be coddled so much why not just fuck off to reddit or tumblr or some shit?
>>
>People who post about things I dont like are banned.

Hi tumblr and reddit
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.