[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I propose to wordfilter the word 'reddit'. At certain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: reddit-alien.jpg (95 KB, 1024x1424) Image search: [Google]
reddit-alien.jpg
95 KB, 1024x1424
I propose to wordfilter the word 'reddit'. At certain boards it becomes impossible to discuss anything because you are told to get back to reddit, to shut up redditor etc.

It even lost any meaning it (supposedly) once had, pretty much anything or anyone you don't like is reddit.

Also, if the wordfilter would be enforced, let's choose proper word to replace it with. I don't feel like 'C-U-C-K' filter is working that well because word kek is too similar sounding.

Let's discuss, maybe even Hiro will pay a visit in this thread.
>>
>>375241

Ah, my proposition for filter would be simply '4chan'

>Hello, 4chan
>Go back to 4chan
>4chanor detected
>literally 4chan the movie

seems nice
>>
this this this
[spoiler]/tv/[/spoiler]
>>
>>375243
needs to happen to be quite honest with you family desu baka senpai
>>
>>375243
I agree desu f︂︂a︂m
>>
>>375243
That would be great, yeah.
>>
>>375243
this.

and filter variants like "leddit" or "plebbit" to "4chin".
>>
>>375241
its poisoning /tv/, are other boards experiencing this?
>>
>>375241
Why do you fags want to filter every insult you dont like? Also
>someone posts gb2reddit
>its now somehow impossible to discuss
>>
>>375259
>>63508990
>>
just look at this thread
>>>/tv/63508990
>>
>>375258

I've noticed it on /v/ as well, but not in such gigantic amount as on /tv/

>>375259

except it does. Reddit calling is universal response for pretty much anything

>Hey guys, I like this
>reddit
>Hey guys, I don't like this
>reddit
>I agree
>reddit
>I disagree
>reddit

It takes away any necessity to form coherent arguments, to discuss matters, to be creative because you can just use this magic word and you suddenly feel like an ultimate winner and king of conversationalists. Reddit posting bring nothing of value to discussion and at times can even derail thread when everyone starts calling one another reddit.
>>
>>375243
This
>>
>>375266
the weird thing is that it really seemed to get out of control only few days ago. it really does kill any hopes of conversing on the board
>>
>baaaaaawwwww they're using words I don't like
>let's censor them!

ITT: reddit
>>
>>375271
>>375271
lol!
>>
>>375271

Doing God's work Anon, thank you!
>>
>>375241
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>375243
Seems perfect to me. More word filters the more butthurt. Plus it'll put a curb to using that insult.

Also I would filter Tumblr and Neogaf as well
>>
>>375271
>>>/reddit/ is that way kid
>>
>>375266
It would be for the best if we do this really. Making Reddit filter to 4chan would drive r/4chan and /v/ insane. It might just help filter some things out.

Personally, the more wordfilters we have the better. But they have to be for words that are spammed to death and overused. Words like:

Reddit
SJW
Tumblr
GamerGate
Neogaf
JUST

We just need to make them filter to something funny, like Reddit and Neogaf being 4chan and Tumblr being deviantart
>>
I think this is a good idea.
this meme has become beyond annoying
>>
>>375430
go back to reddit
>>
Hello Reddit
>>
Fun fact; it was originally pushed on /tv/ by posters from Reddit who were getting called out on their shit quality posts. They started calling everyone else Reddit so when someone rightly used it on them it would have less of a sting. Eventually retards started following along like sheep.
>>
Gaia didn't get filtered out, neither did Ebaums, 9gag, Digg, ifunny, facebook and Reddit is also not going to be filtered.
If you are so triggered because nobody here likes your site, feel free to leave.
>>
File: reddit gold.png (437 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
reddit gold.png
437 KB, 480x640
>>375259
>>375271
>>375286
>>375302
>>375433
>>375436
>>375475
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.