[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone please clarify what Hiro actually bought? I'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1446856113257.png (165 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
1446856113257.png
165 KB, 850x850
Can someone please clarify what Hiro actually bought? I've heard people on here say that he just bought the right to be Admin and change the site as he sees fit while moot still owns the servers and such, while others say he bought everything and moot has absolutely nothing to do with 4chan any more. Which is true? For that matter, where are 4chan's servers currently located? Google tells me that they're in California right now, but if that is the case then who is able to fix them if they break? According to 4chan's legal page, they have a 'DMCA agent' in California, who is this and what is their connection to 4chan? According to one site I found, this contact address just linked to moot until the site was sold but has since changed. Also, did Hiro also buy 7chan, given that last I heard 4chan bought them out and ip-adress.com says their servers are in the same physical location as 4chan's? Are there any other websites that 4chan/hiro now own?

I'd really like to know more about what is going on behind the scenes in general with 4chan now, given that it is being run by an experienced businessman now and not just a mostly harmless kid posting from his basement, but I can find very little online.
>>
Moot still owns the site, Hiro just administrates it. 4chan's "HQ" is still open on Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles.
>>
>>374902
7 was always ex 4channers anyway, I enjoyed their failchan memes back in the day. It's funny to think about the old chan wars in light of 8gag and their antics today.
>>
>>374935
this is true as far as I know
>>
>>374935
>Moot still owns the site
Source?
>>
>>375038
Source is 4chan. Lurk moar.
>>
>>375137
4chan also says mix bleach with ammonia to make crystals. Sauce or fuck off.
>>
>>375152
Well it makes crystals doesn't it? It just produces poison gas at the same time. They aren't wrong,
>>
Didn't moot mention in his q&a that he'd turn the server's over when he found a buyer? Only way to know for sure would be to summon Hiro.
>>
>>375137
Don't listen to this retard, he doesn't understand what a joke is.

>Hiro has said he took out loans to buy this site.
>he doesn't want to say how much he payed for it
>people start joking that he bought it for 1 dollar, referencing an old meme/movie quote

This guy is literally autistic, he really believes that Hiro bought 4chan for 1 dollar.
>>
>>375165
There are at least 3 people telling you otherwise ITT, genius.
>>
File: 1204877125.jpg (40 KB, 453x576) Image search: [Google]
1204877125.jpg
40 KB, 453x576
>>375599
see
>>375152

You're a soft minded faggot, aren't you..
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.