[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else using legacy captcha get issues with this kind?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: craptcha.png (23 KB, 303x178) Image search: [Google]
craptcha.png
23 KB, 303x178
Does anyone else using legacy captcha get issues with this kind? No matter what I put in, it always says it's wrong, even when it's without-a-doubt correct, so I always have to switch back to selecting fucking street signs.

Is there a fix or a workaround for this? The street numbers and "one normal, one crooked word" ones work fine.
>>
>>374835
It's an anti shitpost measure that starts if you post too often. Clear cookies and you will get numbers back
>>
>>374869
Thanks, much appreciated. This has been driving me crazy ever since I figured out how to get legacy captcha (I'm not a smart man)
>>
File: Untitled.png (6 KB, 708x202) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6 KB, 708x202
>>374869
Would you happen to know what the website is shown as for the captcha cookies in this window? Google has been unhelpful thus far.

It's just a bit of a pain to have to delete them all when I use a lot for streamlining my logins
>>
>>374879
google.com
>>
>>374903
I've currently blocked google-analytics, which appears to be doing the job, though I can't be certain.

I'd rather not block google cookies entirely for email use, but thanks.
>>
>>374903
>>374904
google-analytics wasn't the culprit

Now I've blocked [*.]googleapis.com and removed the googleapis cookies, and that appears to have worked.
>>
>>374906
The captcha is on google.com. Only the cookies there will affect it.
>>
>>374910
Okay, that's next on the chopping block if googleapis fails. I just noticed that I got a new googleapis cookie when it switched to the impossible captcha is all.

I really appreciate your help in this matter, thanks.
>>
>>374906
googleapis.com is what 4chan X uses to get the titles of Youtube videos.
>>
>>374915
The addon, right? I don't use that, so hopefully blocking it won't affect me adversely
>>
>>374910
Yep, you were right, deleting and blocking the google.com cookie fixes it.

The only problem with this is that I have to log into my gmail every time with two step verification. What a pain.

Anyway, thanks for all your help once again.
>>
>>374920
There's no way to guarantee that the legacy captcha will work. Sometimes being logged into Google (having google.com cookies) helps, sometimes it hurts. You should use the image captcha if you want reliability.
>>
>>374921
Also, you can't guarantee reliability with the image captcha either, but it's better. Tends to force you to solve multiple captchas instead of outright locking you out.
>>
>>374921
That's unfortunate to say the least

I wouldn't mind it if they gave me harder captcha or something, but it's stupid that they give literally impossible captcha.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.