[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Corporate Shilling General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1417193182751.jpg (53 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1417193182751.jpg
53 KB, 500x390
Are viral marketers a problem on your home board?

Vent your frustrations ITT
>>
"Viral marketers" just means people who like things I don't like. If there's any issue it's the idiots hunting these "marketers" by trying to deny anyone of having any opinion that isn't contrarian and paradoxically approved by the hivemind.
>>
>>374718
Viral marketers are good at damage control too.
>>
Corporate shilling is a real thing.

But there is absolutely nothing that you can do about it. There is no way to tell if someone is getting paid to post or if they are giving their genuine opinion on something.

It is an unfortunate result of having a free posting. If everyone had to pay $0.25 per post it would cut down on the shilling.
>>
>>374711
>/g/
>why aren't you buying this
>should I buy this
>I'm buying this, you should too
>this is coming out, are you going to buy it?
>I bought this
>hey /g/ buy this
>if you didn't/aren't buying this you're dumb
>this brand is good, buy it
>this brand is bad, don't buy it, buy this brand instead
>is there anything better than this branded product?
>what branded products does /g/ use to accomplish this branded task?
>find a flaw in this thing
>you can't, its competitors are on SUICIDE WATCH

>>374718
I used to think this too, but in the last year especially I'm starting to become more and more convinced.

>bi-daily threads espousing and pretty much advertising various new facebook-tier overpriced fad products like ultrabooks, tablets and smartwatches that the traditional /g/ pseudo-enthusiast hivemind would readily shit on
>unironic recurring threads about Apple products and Windows 10 with overwhelmingly positive replies
>a sheer over abundance of posters that seem to have way more money than sense
>tech hipster pandering and one-liner shitposts with links to blogs and youtube videos everywhere

It could also be that the board's pathetic moderation, a brain drain of the community caused by boards like /diy/ and /vr/ and an influx of newfags caused by high-profile happenings in recent years have simply pleb-ified the board beyond saving.
>>
>>374751
Maybe you wouldn't be so rustled if you installed uBlock. But you are probably an ABP-shill so fuck off.
>>
File: 1449193868019.jpg (12 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
1449193868019.jpg
12 KB, 250x201
>>374756
I don't really see how an ad blocker filters corporate-funded shitposting.

I do use uBlock though, it's nice.
>>
On /pol/ they take the form of clickbait merchants. Breitbart and The Daily Mail are among the most prolific at it.
>>
>>374758
>I don't really see how an ad blocker filters corporate-funded shitposting.
It was meant as as (shitty) joke. /g/ is used for shilling (corporate or otherwise).

>>374763
>Breitbart
I noticed one day when my ad blocker was off that Breitbart actually has (or at least had) paid ads on 4chan. I assumed they were /g/ specific.

They have posted a few clickbait article (successfully) on /g/.
>>
>>374785
>tfw I get it now and feel retarded
I'm starting to take /qa/ too seriously.

Those kikebart ads creep me out.
>>
>>374732
this is ironic right?
this isn't something someone actually thinks?
>>
I'll just leave this simple greentext her and be on my way
>Fakku
>Daiz
>Jewcob
>>
>>374711
Another buttmad /tv/ contrarian.
>>
>>374892
Use your favorite Internet search engine to search for the expression "cyber shill".

>Article from 2011
http://www.infoworld.com/article/2618833/identity-management/cyber-shill-business-is-booming.html
>Study finds businesses are hiring organized hordes to write positive reviews, jack up Facebook Likes, and otherwise push their products to the top of online heap
>>
>>374919
I think he's more in disbelief that anyone would be stupid enough to think paying to post is a good idea.
>>
4chan can quickly generate a lot of click throughs or video views for something trying to make itself look popular. When that's your business model then it pays to spam things even in places like this, whether it be a click bait /news/ story or a /tv/ or /mu/ or /g/ ad campaign.
>>
>>374895
Adding to this
>Funimation
>Crunchyroll
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.