[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hr/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: hr -jpg lower size.jpg (2 MB, 1275x6242) Image search: [Google]
hr -jpg lower size.jpg
2 MB, 1275x6242
How the nigger fuck do we fix /hr/?
Look at this shit, less than half the threads are actually worthy of being there. The rest are shills for some literally who, no talent actress or celebrities. Jesus fucking Christ. There were some threads that are questionable, ie the footfag threads, but even then that's stretching it. If you take a look, there's some threads with the same topic, for example, there were multiple Taylor Swift threads. This shit is unacceptable and brings down the quality of the entire board.

I propose a new board, /cel/ - Celebrities, to contain all this cockshit. Moving all such threads will not only relieve /hr/ of this cancer, but it will also fix some of the shit wrong with /tv/ (threads that are blatantly not about film and TV and only talk about celebrities and their lives and jobs) and /v/ (threads that are blatantly not vidya and are only about internet celebrities and their lives and jobs). As a result of doing so, I think /hr/ will be filled with a lot more mundane stuff, but albeit high quality pictures of things that AREN'T FUCKING PEOPLE.

As a sidenote, I also think that the word "reddit" should be an instaban if it's not accompanied by anything substantial, for example: "go back to reddit" gives no incite into the nature of reddit and why it's so bad, and only serves as a shitpost in response to another shitpost, which might not have had anything to do with reddit in the first place.

yes, i'm mad
>>
>>373114
/cel/ wuld fix so many boards if if was a containment board or at least get the proper moderation.
>>
>>373151
>or at least get the proper moderation
I think that having more janitors who are familiar with a single board in particular would also help. In January, moot said that there were "105 volunteers". Getting more people to moderate the site and among those moderators, having people who are more familiar with particular boards would help tremendously.
>>
>how do we fix /board/?
"we" don't.
If you don't like it, don't browse it.
>>
>>374005
>If you don't like it, don't browse it.
YOU NIGGER

/hr/ is the only place where you can get threads that aren't like the ones I crossed out. No where else can you do that, because of the size limit. I can't get super high resolution pictures of computer innards, or entire 16 bit game screen maps, or high resolution artwork that I could only see 15% of on a 1080p screen.

You can shill celebrities on /tv/ and no one would bat an eye. You can post nudes and feet of women on /s/ and no one would care.
This only serves as dead weight to /hr/ and should be removed from the board so that other posts can be found easily.
>>
>>373114
>high resolution pics of females don't belong on a high resolution board

whut?
what's next? actresses don't belong on a television & film board?

oh wait ...
>>
>>374180
There's an entire board dedicated to women. Sure, it's not meant for "high resolution", but the files fit there.
>>
>>374190
I know what you mean, but I can play this game too

>there's an entire board dedicated to technology, so why don't post hr technology stuff there?

>there's an entire board dedicated to cars, so why don't post hr car stuff there?

and so on
>>
>>374232
>there's an entire board dedicated to technology, so why don't post hr technology stuff there?
>there's an entire board dedicated to cars, so why don't post hr car stuff there?
Because posting those images doesn't actually prompt any discussion about the cars or the technology themselves. Sure, you can post a high res pic of a CPU in /g/, but the main focus of that thread isn't the posting of more high res CPUs, it's the discussion of CPUs.

On /hr/, you can discuss the pics as well as the CPU itself and nothing would be lost since you're posting more pics to accompany it.
>>
File: 1410215152941.png (60 KB, 236x449) Image search: [Google]
1410215152941.png
60 KB, 236x449
>>374161
>waaaaah!!!!! I don't like it!!!!! change it!!!!!!!!
Again, don't browse it, retard. Or simply ignore the threads you dislike.
>>
>>374392
>really want to drink some tea, too pleb to make my own
>go to the only place that serves it
>order tea, expecting plain tea, sugar and milk in a separate container
>tea arrives, already has sugar and milk in it
>tell the waiter, "i expected plain tea, so i could add sugar and milk as i see fit"
>waiter tells me "if you don't like it, you shouldn't have ordered it"
>>
>>374630
that was a god awful analogy
4chan isnt here to serve you, its an open forum for people to discuss things related to the board topic. If you dont like a discussion, you don't have to even look at it. With the inline filters and post hiding, you can easily ignore anything.
>>
>>374645
Yeah, it was a shit analogy.

I guess I'm just really rustled that you'd have to wade through so much shit to get to the good stuff, especially when there's a board dedicated to the shit that you're wading through.

I dunno man, I'm tired. See ya later.
>>
>>373114
>Stop Liking What I Don't Like: The Post.
>>
what about a minimum size and and resolution requirement?
>>
>>373114
>I propose a new board, /cel/

people have wanted this for over 5 years, you're hardly the first to make the request.

you know the reason /hr/ is flooded with celeb threads is that posting pictures of women on /tv/ gets you banned, right?

if the mods on /tv/ weren't triggered by pictures of attractive women, /hr/ would go back to being a ghost town like it was before 2011.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.