[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY DO YOU STILL BROWSE 4CHAN?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /qa/ - Question & Answer

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 1411050991205.jpg (87 KB, 706x720) Image search: [Google]
1411050991205.jpg
87 KB, 706x720
I'd like to start off by saying that I am in no way implying that everyone else's experience with 4chan is the exact same as mine. This is just my personal experience with 4chan.

Today, After years of browsing 4chan everyday, I found myself taking a long hard look at why I still browse this site and if it's worth it in the long run. I browse /a/, yet I don't even watch anime anymore. I browse /v/ and /tv/ for news, but I hate the comments that get posted in the threads because they seem so underage. I don't know why I still come here.

When I first came to 4chan in 2006, I mostly browsed /a/. The threads on /a/ would be so fun and filled with decent OC and friendly comments. In recent years, I've noticed everyone on 4chan becoming so hostile whenever anyone asks them a simple question, and it's one of the main reasons that I'm sick of internet communities. I'm sick of all the shitposters in good threads and I'm sick of all the idiots that reply to them thinking they're doing a good job, when all they're doing is giving them wanted attention they're looking for.

I've been feeling like this for a while, but the bubble has finally burst. I've been constantly jaded from browsing this site morning to night, talking to people I'll never meet, and I've been wondering if things would be better if I never came to 4chan. I'm closing in on a milestone of 10 years, and I'm starting to realize that browsing this site is a waste of time. There are better places on the internet to find the things I came to 4chan for, and there's no need for me to wade through shit in order to find that one smelly diamond.

I guess I'm just not having fun with 4chan anymore. I'm growing out of it. I'm sick of spending all day on this site, and repeating the process the next morning. The reason I started this thread is because I wanted to hear about your experiences with 4chan and why you still browse? How long have you been browsing? Do you enjoy it? Am I alone?
>>
because 4chan is one of the few websites that holds a nostalgic feeling for me.

the memes, the shitposting, the discussion, it's all part of something i hold very close to me. granted, 4chan isn't as good as it was but it still holds out as a unique website.
>>
File: 1435126313378.png (14 KB, 530x444) Image search: [Google]
1435126313378.png
14 KB, 530x444
I'm always want to break free from this place. But then I realized there's no other place that suit me other than here.
>>
I don't. I just hang around /qa/ to annoy people.
>>
I've been here since 2003. I browse because I still have a small amount of hope for the future. I guess I'm too optimistic.
>>
>>371912
I was like you for a while, but I guess it dawned on me along time ago that this place will never increase in quality.
>>
Because its the only social contact I have
>>
>>371933
Talking to people you'll never meet isn't social.
>>
File: interdasting.jpg (51 KB, 685x567) Image search: [Google]
interdasting.jpg
51 KB, 685x567
>>371912
>2003

I agree. I have been here since 1995 and I too am hoping for a brighter future.
>>
>>371886
Maybe the reason is cause you are a fag lolololo
>>
No matter how shit I find 4chan to be these days, it's still better than any other website out there.
>>
>>371977
I doubt it. What reason do you come to 4chan for?
>>
>>371980
The exact reason I said. Everything else is shit.
>>
>>371886
Well if you are telling the truth then you are just going through the phase of enlightenment.

You get an epiphany telling you that after all years of hardwork/shitposting and trying to fight the 'cancer' or posting or contributing to specific board , you are just a faggot.

And you have 2 options:

1-Trying to go to a board you have never been to just to learn new things or experience something genuinely new , it might be fun after all.

2-Adapting and moving on a.k.a becoming a normalfag and leaving 4chan forever.

I'm personally still enjoying my time on this website because I've learned how to detect shitty threads and avoid them , if the ride was over I wouldn't come here altogether but it seems that it's not going to end for at least 2 more years.

Protip : Don't take the internet too seriously and try to respect the community , trolling is only fun at first but after doing it for a long time you will find yourself realizing that it's just a lighter version of psychopathy and on large scale it has the potential to ruin an actual good board with nice discussion.
>>
File: 1448393234707.png (46 KB, 817x806) Image search: [Google]
1448393234707.png
46 KB, 817x806
>>371886
I visit because even for the 90% of memes, shitposters and idiots that reply to shit posters, the remaining 10% of comradery and actual good discussion of the subjects of my various homeboards, make everything worth it.
>>
>>372028
>comradery

. . .
>>
>>372065
yeah, believe it or not.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.